**** Official Hockey East 2008-09 Season Thread ****

Lil Bit Special

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't beleive NU is actually relevant in the Boston sports scene right now. Don't think they have been this relevant since the Reggie Lewis Days - when he led the Huskies to four straight NCAA tourney appearances.

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/extras/colleges_blog/2009/02/talk_beanpot_on.html

i will pass and watch 24

i will be shocked if jonE can name 3 players on team lol

i will pass and watch 24

i will be shocked if jonE can name 3 players on team lol

I"ll be watching, and I'm not much of a hockey fan. This is personal though - we're playing BC!!!

I bet JonEJet can name more than three players for not only the hockey team, but the BB team and the FB team. NU (the REAL NU) Alums stay true....stick that in a barrel and toss it over Niagra Falls...;)

My sister's gonna be at those. Go BU!!

I've been to this tournament as a student. FUN! Lot's of weed to be smoked in the balcony! ;)

I kid....well, no, actually I don't. LOL!

Getting home from work is going to be so much fun tonight! My train is in North Station - which is also home to the Boston Garden - seeing all the fresh faced (some high, some drunk) kids just looking for a good time - wearing their school colors.....yelling at their cross-town rivals.....awe.......

I'm frickin' Old!

I"ll be watching, and I'm not much of a hockey fan. This is personal though - we're playing BC!!!

I bet JonEJet can name more than three players for not only the hockey team, but the BB team and the FB team. NU (the REAL NU) Alums stay true....stick that in a barrel and toss it over Niagra Falls...;)

with Google i'm sure he can:D

I pray every nite that we get to play the fraud NU in the dance

I am kidding ya:D

You must be still pissed at Steelahs!!!

Not really. I stopped caring once the game ended. What is pissing me off is the fact we are getting another snow storm after midnight tonight. If I do not get the EFF out of here soon - I will explode - and not in a good way.

I'm sick of it....this winter has beat me up bad.

Not really. I stopped caring once the game ended. What is pissing me off is the fact we are getting another snow storm after midnight tonight. If I do not get the EFF out of here soon - I will explode - and not in a good way.

I'm sick of it....this winter has beat me up bad.

richmond this weekend for us!!!

it was 60 there yesterday

I am going to Fla to see parents in march for a week, alone ..as i got a free

ticket from air tran.

I'd be shocked if you actually had 1 team to root for:headbang:

Lets see

Bama

Richmond

Niagra

We used to play Niagra in hoops...that was a real hoot:rl:

Lets see

Bama (been rooting for them longer than u have been alive:D

Richmond (daughters school since i am paying $100 grand i am entitled to root

for them)

Niagara (my alma mater the real NU lol)

I've been to this tournament as a student. FUN! Lot's of weed to be smoked in the balcony! ;)

I kid....well, no, actually I don't. LOL!

Yeah, but she's 18. So smoking weed or doing anything like that isn't bad. That's what all the 20 something year olds do, according to JB. She's just really mature. \:D/

Maine defeated UMass on Super Bowl Sunday 2-1 with the winning goal scored with 26 sec left...

So here are the standings as of Monday (remember, Beanpot games dont count in conference standings)

1. Northeastern- 27pts

2. BU-25pts

3. VT-21pts

4. UNH-19pts

t5. Lowell-18pts

t5. BC-18pts

7. UMass-15pts

8. Maine-14pts

9. Providence- 11pts

10. Merrimack-6pts

This weekend's schedule:

Friday:

#28 ranked Lowell at #1 in the nation BU

Merrimack at #3 ranked Northeastern

#27 ranked UMass at #12 BC

Providence at #7 Vermont

Maine at #11 UNH- NESN

Saturday:

Maine at UNH- Being played in Manchester NH

Lowell at UMass- The epic battle for the Alumni Cup. Gainzo and LBS will be heading to Amherst for some heavy drinking beforehand, and if UMass loses, someone will be left in the woods of the Quabbin Reservoir.

Providence at VT

Brown at Merrimack

Archived