**** Official Hockey East 2008-09 Season Thread ****

Lil Bit Special

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lowell is good school, Assmop. The town, on the other hand, SUCKS. There's a badass Asian gang there called Phuket, I think...wait, nope......stop.......I may be wrong (shocker). Phuket - I think that's what the locals say about the U-Lowell hockey team. Yup, that's it! LOL!

if it's a good school he ain't getting in

he will get in UNH though

I'm pretty sure Gainzo is the only human on the planet that cares about UMASS Lowell athletics.

There are at least a half a dozen of us!

Believe or not attendance is up this year. Lowell is currently averaging around 4,100 per home game.

Since that was written Lowell has only played three home games so it's pretty accurate.

Not too bad for a school with under 10,000 undergrads and only 65% of them living on campus.

Until assmop starting talking about Niagara I had never heard of the school. Kind of a weird thing as I have worked in higher education for the last 6 years.

Word.

I think I heard of their basketball team, but did not know they had a hockey team.

Until assmop starting talking about Niagara I had never heard of the school. Kind of a weird thing as I have worked in higher education for the last 6 years.

getting high and drunk on campus doesn't qualify

calvin murphy played at the real NU (monteagle ridge)

getting high and drunk on campus doesn't qualify

calvin murphy played at the real NU (monteagle ridge)

What is the "real" Niagara? What is your affiliation with the place? You live in Vermont and have all kinds of Alabama stuff in your avatar and sig.

What is the "real" Niagara? What is your affiliation with the place? You live in Vermont and have all kinds of Alabama stuff in your avatar and sig.

I went to school at the real NU

i have as much right to root for Bama as you do the patsies

i have been a bama fan for 44 years... twice your age:D

higher learning huh:D

I don't understand what you are talking about. I was accepted to Northeastern but couldn't afford the tuition.

The real NU? Would that be Northwestern or Northeastern as it certainly isn't Niagara ;)

Back on topic:

Lowell beats Maine 3-2

UMass beats Northeastern 6-4

BU beats Merrimack 3-1

UNH beats UVM 3-2

BC and Providence tie at 2-2

I don't understand what you are talking about. I was accepted to Northeastern but couldn't afford the tuition.

The real NU? Would that be Northwestern or Northeastern as it certainly isn't Niagara ;)

Back on topic:

Lowell beats Maine 3-2

BU beats Merrimack 3-1

UNH beats UVM 3-2

Whaaa?? The real NU lost to UStink? I blame Dan Shaughnessy. Dooshie that he is. Wrote this incredibly pressure packed piece about the Huskies in today's Boston Globe. About how great they are - ranked third nationally - yet they can't win a Beanpot and haven't done so since 1988. And they will always be mud in the local hockey ranks until they do. Friggin' Shaughnessy. The biggest jinx on Earth. Remember that article he wrote basically annointining the Pats as Champs last year BEFORE they played the SB. I hope Curt Schilling punches him in the face some day. Heard a great joke/comment about him on WEEI while driving home from work a few days back. A caller stated that Shaughnessy looked like the bastard child of Ronald McDonald and Rocky Dennis. LOL! So true!!!!!

Whaaa?? The real NU lost to UStink? I blame Dan Shaughnessy. Dooshie that he is. Wrote this incredibly pressure packed piece about the Huskies in today's Boston Globe. About how great they are - ranked third nationally - yet they can't win a Beanpot and haven't done so since 1988. And they will always be mud in the local hockey ranks until they do. Friggin' Shaughnessy. The biggest jinx on Earth. Remember that article he wrote basically annointining the Pats as Champs last year BEFORE they played the SB. I hope Curt Schilling punches him in the face some day. Heard a great joke/comment about him on WEEI while driving home from work a few days back. A caller stated that Shaughnessy looked like the bastard child of Ronald McDonald and Rocky Dennis. LOL! So true!!!!!

CHB has nothing to do with this.

Northeastern has sucked in the Beanpot and will probably continue to suck. Getting destroyed by UMass tonight doesn't help.

They are the Jets of College Hockey in Boston.

They want to be one of the big boys, but in reality they are the 4th choice in Boston.

Back on topic:

Lowell beats Maine 3-2

BU beats Merrimack 3-1

UNH beats UVM 3-2

Aussie

you forgot Niagara 4 Alabama-Huntsville 2

Aussie

you forgot Niagara 4 Alabama-Huntsville 2

I was and still am shocked when LBS and Gainzo told me that Alabama had a ****ing College Hockey team. ALABAMA!? I didn't know they knew what hockey was down there. Amazing...

GO LOWELL!!

I was and still am shocked when LBS and Gainzo told me that Alabama had a ****ing College Hockey team. ALABAMA!? I didn't know they knew what hockey was down there. Amazing...

GO LOWELL!!

That is a good 3-4 hour drive from my house. So if UNH every visits, I am there.

You cannot spell butthole without BU. ;)

You also can't spell abuse, which is what BU does to their opposition. Their games usually leave some sort of afterburn for the other team to deal with. Most teams flee in an ambulance. I attribute this to BU's stellar buffoons.

If you know what I'm saying. ;)

You also can't spell abuse, which is what BU does to their opposition. Their games usually leave some sort of afterburn for the other team to deal with. Most teams flee in an ambulance. I attribute this to BU's stellar buffoons.

If you know what I'm saying. ;)

F BU!

F BC!

F UMaine!

BTW how is BU club football?

Northeastern looked like dogsh!t Friday night, until they were down 5-1. They gave up a 3 on 0 breakaway for a goal and it seemed to wake them up. They scored quickly to make it 5-2 then their goalie gave up a weak goal when it was deflected on the way to the net and fluttered over the head of the goalie and into the net.

Then NU decided its time to play dirty- crashing the net, running the goalie and the refs doing nothing about it. Got very chippy the last 5 min after a hard hitting game most of the way.

NU fans better hope it was just them looking past the Minutewomen... that drive on a friday afternoon sucks... but I was not impressed at all by NU. UMass is nowhere as good as they looked last night. Big win for UMass. Huge loss for NU.

Archived