Irish fans: What can Tarheels expect to see from Notre Dame in football Saturday?

SouthernJet

i cant stand to watch Jimmy Clausen anymore he jsut throws every ball up and the great WR core catch them. Dane Crist should be playing right now. The only think i seen from jimmy in all the games i watched is he is really good at goal line fades in the back of the touchdown even tho those plays have alot to do with the receiver.

Coaching is HUGE..

Just like at Bama, Butch at UNC gives them a chance..in game and second half adjsutments are huge,,UNC outcoached ND in this respect...

its not hard to out coach weiss. they shouldve got urban meyer when they had the chance... they go spread works and then they stop that and running works and stop that. idk it was retarded.. why not mix both up like a normal team? and what makes me more sick is when there best running back only runs the ball 4 times.

UNC is a good team and even better when yates is the QB.

its not hard to out coach weiss. they shouldve got urban meyer when they had the chance... they go spread works and then they stop that and running works and stop that. idk it was retarded.. why not mix both up like a normal team? and what makes me more sick is when there best running back only runs the ball 4 times.

UNC is a good team and even better when yates is the QB.

I was at game and I was surprised ND didnt go more balanced and use the running game more..it would have eaten more clock and kept a hot UNC offense off the field..

But I am glad it turned out that way ;)

and yes, with Yates we are able to go deep more, but at least Sexton has been good at managing game without turnovers and letting the D win most games...

Bad news for you SJ

Tate's Tar Heels career over after MRI reveals torn ACL and MCL

By Heather Dinich

ESPN.com

(Archive)

Updated: October 13, 2008, 11:41 AM ET

North Carolina Tar Heels senior wide receiver Brandon Tate, the 18th-ranked Tar Heels' top playmaker, will miss the remainder of the season with torn anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in his right knee, the school announced Monday.

Tate injured his knee in the first quarter of North Carolina's 29-24 win over Notre Dame and did not return. He had an MRI on Sunday and will undergo surgery at UNC Hospitals later this week.

This is a huge loss for the Tar Heels (5-1, 1-1 ACC), who have struggled offensively even with Tate in the lineup and last month lost their starting quarterback, T.J. Yates, for six weeks with an ankle injury.

Tate ends his career as the NCAA's all-time leader in combined kick return yards with 3,523. At the time of his injury, Tate was leading the ACC with a per-game average of 163.7 all-purpose yards. Through the first six games, Tate had 376 receiving yards, 305 kickoff return yards, 158 punt return yards and 143 rushing yards.

College football writer Heather Dinich covers the ACC for ESPN.com.

Bad news for you SJ

Tate's Tar Heels career over after MRI reveals torn ACL and MCL

By Heather Dinich

ESPN.com

(Archive)

Updated: October 13, 2008, 11:41 AM ET

North Carolina Tar Heels senior wide receiver Brandon Tate, the 18th-ranked Tar Heels' top playmaker, will miss the remainder of the season with torn anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments in his right knee, the school announced Monday.

Tate injured his knee in the first quarter of North Carolina's 29-24 win over Notre Dame and did not return. He had an MRI on Sunday and will undergo surgery at UNC Hospitals later this week.

This is a huge loss for the Tar Heels (5-1, 1-1 ACC), who have struggled offensively even with Tate in the lineup and last month lost their starting quarterback, T.J. Yates, for six weeks with an ankle injury.

Tate ends his career as the NCAA's all-time leader in combined kick return yards with 3,523. At the time of his injury, Tate was leading the ACC with a per-game average of 163.7 all-purpose yards. Through the first six games, Tate had 376 receiving yards, 305 kickoff return yards, 158 punt return yards and 143 rushing yards.

College football writer Heather Dinich covers the ACC for ESPN.com.

yup, we knew it Saturday,,,could tell..

But we lost our starting Qb and now Butch will have to rally troops liek he did with Qb and find another returner/2nd WR...

• 2 weeks later...
SJ & jetheelz: What are you thoughts on Saturdays game against BC?

tuf game...

Logan is the brains on BC and basically decides Off gameplan..

He scares me...

Its our secondary (tops in NCAA interceptions vs BC pass game..

and your HUGE Def line vs out avg running game..

We need to right ship after letdown vs UVa..

I assume BC will get a pissed off bunch of Heels sat.. I will be there thats for sure..

UNC favored by 3

tuf game...

Logan is the brains on BC and basically decides Off gameplan..

He scares me...

Its our secondary (tops in NCAA interceptions vs BC pass game..

and your HUGE Def line vs out avg running game..

We need to right ship after letdown vs UVa..

I assume BC will get a pissed off bunch of Heels sat.. I will be there thats for sure..

UNC favored by 3

How bad is Chris Crane? There was a reason he never saw the field when Matt Ryan was at BC.

Good win for UNC.

How bad is Chris Crane? There was a reason he never saw the field when Matt Ryan was at BC.

Good win for UNC.

Thanks,,Yes your QB seemed OK with time to throw, but seemed to not be able to go through his WR progressions if there was a little pressure..then he would panic and force the throw as opposed to throwing it away..

Archived