This is what the Yankees NEED to do this offseason.

Barton

OVERLOAD ON PITCHING.

Even if we sign Sabathia and trade for another top flight starter like Jake Peavy - DON'T STOP THERE. Go out and sign ANOTHER pitcher (Ben Sheets or AJ Burnett). Not to mention resigning either 1 or preferably both of Andy Pettitte and Mike Mussina.

Yankees should enter the season with 6 legit proven starters. You have to figured at least 2 of the 6 have injuries or greatly under-perform. Be prepared.

Time for the Yankees to spend their money where it matters.

Sabathia - Peavy - Wang - Sheets - Mussina - Pettitte

That should be our offseason target. OVERLOAD ON PITCHING.

No thanks.

Go out and sign Sabathia & Lowe or sign Sabathia & trade for Peavy and we're done. Re sign either Mussina or Pettitte. At most resign both Moose & Andy and get Sabathia/Lowe or Sabathia/Peavy.

Sabathia

Wang

Lowe

Mussina/Pettitte

Hughes

No thanks.

Go out and sign Sabathia & Lowe or sign Sabathia & trade for Peavy and we're done. Re sign either Mussina or Pettitte. At most resign both Moose & Andy and get Sabathia/Lowe or Sabathia/Peavy.

Sabathia

Wang

Lowe

Mussina/Pettitte

Hughes

Yanks already said Chamberlain would start the season starting.

I wouldn't want Ben Sheets, I would take A.J. Burnett though. Sheets is just an injury prone guy, and I wouldn't want us to throw so much money at him, because you never know what you'll get for him, even if he's a #4 on our team.
Agreed.Burnett seemed to be lights out every time he faced the Yanks. I know the numbers might say they both get hurt, but Sheets seems to be on the DL more often than any other pitcher.

I'm just waiting for someone to explain to me why AJ Burnett is going to get top-flight SP money. Because he pitches well against the Yankees means he's a good pitcher. No thanks.

I don't understand the thought process of Burnett over Sheets. Personally, I think Sheets is more dominant when healthy than Burnett. Burnett has better stuff, but Sheets is a better pitcher. Both are high injury risks that can't stay on the field. There is the fact that Burnett pitched well in the AL east, but I think Sheets would translate too.

Either way, I'd rather overspend on Sabathia. We are so scared of overpaying for a pitcher and yet we overpay for position players all the time. I know they play everyday and pitchers don't, but that being said, pitchers can control games by themselves. I'd rather overspend on an ace than get a good deal on a middle of the rotation guy. JMO.

I don't understand this obsession with the Yankees overspending for a player. Who cares? It's not like there's a cap in baseball...they have about 90 mil coming off the books and they'll almost double their revenue in the coming year...as a Yankees fan I say, spend, spend, spend.

Do you think the contracts of Pavano or any other FA bust has prevented the Yanks from spending their money...look at ARod's contract...he's not a bust, but it sure as hell won't stop the Yanks from buying anyone they want...this isn't Kansas City people.

Archived