Revis

DMaynard

The discussion was about who is the best CB in the NFL now. Not who is having the best year. Harris is very good, but I've seen him have more than a few bad days in prior years.

Okay. We're not talking about this year. We're talking about now. Meaning prior years. Got it.

Rate stats, genius.

So hurtful.. :(

Obviously the bolded is not rate stats and they were the only ones you provided comparing Harris and Nnamdi

Al Harris is without question the best cornerback in the NFL right now. Charles Woodson is giving up 4.37 Y/A on a sub-37% catch rate, has five picks, and has scored two more touchdowns (2) than he's allowed (0), and opposing quarterbacks are still throwing at him more than twice as often as they throw at Harris. Don't have chart numbers for the Minnesota game yet, but prior to that Harris had given up just 7 catches for 68 yards on the year. Compare to 5/42 for Nnamdi playing across from a black hole.

all I know is this DRev has made the game ending interceptions in two games that we won this year-who else has done that THIS year? That's clutch play with a positive result FOR the Jets...like I said like John Abe against New England and Tampa Bay in 2000-his sacks shut the game down.

all I know is this DRev has made the game ending interceptions in two games that we won this year-who else has done that THIS year? That's clutch play with a positive result FOR the Jets...like I said like John Abe against New England and Tampa Bay in 2000-his sacks shut the game down.

Lawrence Taylor had a habit of making game shutdown plays. Might be one of the reasons many think he is the best defensive player ever. Timing is everything.

Lawrence Taylor had a habit of making game shutdown plays. Might be one of the reasons many think he is the best defensive player ever. Timing is everything.

cite all the stats you want I'll take those kind of players anyday...Look at Jenkins and then look at his stats...

I hate these kind of arguments.

At the end of the day, we have one of the best CBs in the league. Is he the best? Who knows. That's very situational, and the stats are so close between all of them.

In other words, if Al Harris lets up one big play next week, is he out of the conversation? Or is it just one big play?

I hate these kind of arguments.

At the end of the day, we have one of the best CBs in the league. Is he the best? Who knows. That's very situational, and the stats are so close between all of them.

In other words, if Al Harris lets up one big play next week, is he out of the conversation? Or is it just one big play?

agreed...all DM wanted to say is what a stud Revis is and an argument between stats wonks breaks out

Lol well i skipped over the middle 5 pages i just read the first & then posted.

Come on, Al Harris people???? Revis>Harris & thank god revis is a jet.

I heard Pittsburgh really wanted Revis. Thank GOD we have a GM with balls and smarts (Mr. T) who knows how and when to move up. Prior Jet regimes took naps in between their scheduled picks.

I heard Pittsburgh really wanted Revis. Thank GOD we have a GM with balls and smarts (Mr. T) who knows how and when to move up. Prior Jet regimes took naps in between their scheduled picks.

That draft when they moved up, I originally thought they were gonna pick Brady Quinn.

So hurtful.. :(

Obviously the bolded is not rate stats and they were the only ones you provided comparing Harris and Nnamdi

You're right. They're not. Even so, is it really a big mystery whether they're raw numbers or have been somehow controlled for playing time?

You're right that comparing raw numbers is misleading given the games Harris has missed, but his 3.58 Y/A is still lower than Nnamdi's 3.82.

You're right. They're not. Even so, is it really a big mystery whether they're raw numbers or have been somehow controlled for playing time?

You're right that comparing raw numbers is misleading given the games Harris has missed, but his 3.58 Y/A is still lower than Nnamdi's 3.82.

Well, that's what I was asking for originally.

Are Harris and Nnamdi #1 & 2? Where is Revis at?

Let me try to simplify. Do you think Drew Brees is better than Payton Manning? Do you think Thomas Jones is better than LT?

Same thing.

In those examples, one guy has a longer track record of success and the other guy has better metrics this year. In the cornerback comparison Harris has both so it's really not the same thing at all.

Well, that's what I was asking for originally.

Are Harris and Nnamdi #1 & 2? Where is Revis at?

How about Harris Nnamdi Champ Revis Brown Winfield Woodson Mathis Finnegan? Yeah, there's a list nobody can get behind. I'll go with that.

How about Harris Nnamdi Champ Revis Brown Winfield Woodson Mathis Finnegan? Yeah, there's a list nobody can get behind. I'll go with that.

This is y/a?

It's nice when the facts actually back up our perceptions. Revis was a hell of a pick..

Archived