Revis

DMaynard

While I agree Revis is a great CB, he wasn't covering Holt the entire time. He gave up a few catches to other guys.

i think it was 2 other completions. ALL CBs give up completions. When the defense does not have to help you and all you ever give up are a couple of short completions, game after game, you are a candidate for the best in the business. You guys have this imaginary concept of a shutdown CB as someone who NEVER gives up a catch. That is ridiculous.

i think it was 2 other completions. ALL CBs give up completions. When the defense does not have to help you and all you ever give up are a couple of short completions, game after game, you are a candidate for the best in the business. You guys have this imaginary concept of a shutdown CB as someone who NEVER gives up a catch. That is ridiculous.

Agreed, also its one of the hardest position to play on the field. Revis is a stud.

Your stupid, your an idiot, and you should be banned for life if you think Revis is not a Top 5 CB.

His stats don't show it but ask the WR's he sticks on how good he is. I look at Revis more than anyone and I think he is our best defender besides Jenkins.

Revis only got beat once in 9 games and that was against the Chargers when Chambers beat him for a Touchdown. Revis is an elite player in this league for years to come.

I sometimes wonder if other teams sites have these negative minded people who ALWAYS have to come up with a negative slant. They must. I can't see JET NATION having a monopoly on them. :biggrin:

Nnamdi Asoumagha is by far the best CB in the league.

Was on Steve Smith 1 on 1 all game, 1 catch 9 yards and an INT. He's been thrown at now 10 times I think on the season. THROWN AT!!

Wow. If that is true, I stand corrected. Revis is the second best CB in the NFL. :)

I wish they could keep official stats on this kind of stuff. That is how you judge a CB. Not just interceptions.

Wow. If that is true, I stand corrected. Revis is the second best CB in the NFL. :)

I wish they could keep official stats on this kind of stuff. That is how you judge a CB. Not just interceptions.

Exactly right. How the heck can you get ANY picks if they don't actually throw your way? :biggrin:

Tori Holt 1 catch 5 yards

Best CB in the NFL.

Any question?

hey DM I was telling my son yesterday before the game how Revis truly IS a great player-he has won two games for us this year alone...players like him come along once a decade-if you're lucky...we haven't had a guy like him since John Abraham's rookie season before he got hurt

hey DM I was telling my son yesterday before the game how Revis truly IS a great player-he has won two games for us this year alone...players like him come along once a decade-if you're lucky...we haven't had a guy like him since John Abraham's rookie season before he got hurt

I miss John Abraham, I don't care what anyone says.

He's playing like the best DL right now.

I miss John Abraham, I don't care what anyone says.

He's playing like the best DL right now.

The conventional thinking is that he is not a 3-4 DE. But with Jenkins next to him and Pace and Harris behind him, he might have been a terror. Oh well, I am very happy to have Mangold for the next decade or so.

The conventional thinking is that he is not a 3-4 DE. But with Jenkins next to him and Pace and Harris behind him, he might have been a terror. Oh well, I am very happy to have Mangold for the next decade or so.

how tough is Nick Mangold? That dude, every time he gets hurt and we all go "Uh Oh" he shakes it off is back in there the next series

Not as a 3-4DE..he'd have to convert to 3-4OLB. Abe would be much too light to play 3-4DE and besides, he's a pass rusher not a block occupier.

My company has an office in Pittsburgh and a lot of those people told me how great he was at Pitt when the Jets drafted him. Then I read scouting reports that predicted he would be good, but not great. I guess the scouts were wrong and the people that saw him every week were right.

^^^^^Correct.

Perhaps so. As far as passrush goes.

But he would get bulled over in the running game constantly, completely neutralizing him.

Yup, Warren Sapp who played with him is convinced he's the G.O.A.T. Said he's better than Deion Sanders and that it aint close. He'll NEVER get the recognition he deserves though, simply because teams don't throw his way enough for him to put up unreal #'s and of course because he plays for the Raiders.

Yup, Warren Sapp who played with him is convinced he's the G.O.A.T. Said he's better than Deion Sanders and that it aint close. He'll NEVER get the recognition he deserves though, simply because teams don't throw his way enough for him to put up unreal #'s and of course because he plays for the Raiders.

Reminds me of Jimmy Johnson with the 49ers in the sixties and seventies. He was so good, people just completely avoided his side of the field. He made Pro Bowls and stuff, but it took him too long to finally make the HOF.

Al Harris is without question the best cornerback in the NFL right now. Charles Woodson is giving up 4.37 Y/A on a sub-37% catch rate, has five picks, and has scored two more touchdowns (2) than he's allowed (0), and opposing quarterbacks are still throwing at him more than twice as often as they throw at Harris. Don't have chart numbers for the Minnesota game yet, but prior to that Harris had given up just 7 catches for 68 yards on the year. Compare to 5/42 for Nnamdi playing across from a black hole.

Al Harris is without question the best cornerback in the NFL right now. Charles Woodson is giving up 4.37 Y/A on a sub-37% catch rate, has five picks, and has scored two more touchdowns (2) than he's allowed (0), and opposing quarterbacks are still throwing at him more than twice as often as they throw at Harris. Don't have chart numbers for the Minnesota game yet, but prior to that Harris had given up just 7 catches for 68 yards on the year. Compare to 5/42 for Nnamdi playing across from a black hole.

Is this info in the premiere DB?

Also, does it take in account him missing half the season?

The discussion was about who is the best CB in the NFL now. Not who is having the best year. Harris is very good, but I've seen him have more than a few bad days in prior years.

Archived