Herm Edwards

SouthernJet

I don't think so. you'd be surprised how dumb that young Hunt is.

actually thats why he is gonna get fired...

the older hunt was too close to king carl,,the younger hunt is not a fan oif King Carl..

I am hearing that he is saying all the NICE things now but at end of season he looks for a football guy , ie Polian, to turn the keys over to...

actually thats why he is gonna get fired...

the older hunt was too close to king carl,,the younger hunt is not a fan oif King Carl..

I am hearing that he is saying all the NICE things now but at end of season he looks for a football guy , ie Polian, to turn the keys over to...

I'll bet you they fire Peterson and retain Herm. now THAT would be really stupid. :)

I'll bet you they fire Peterson and retain Herm. now THAT would be really stupid. :)

hmmm,,dont see that,,

a new GM will want his guy,,

plus I know some people in the KC area who are friends with Gunther,,

no one, and i mean no one, thinks Herm has a brain,,they all want him out...

This coming from whom?

The Chiefs arn't going to part ways with Edwards. They knew going into this season that this was going to be a rebuilding season when they had 10 draft picks, they even acknowledged that. Herm will be around until at least the end of the 2009 season.

As an old AFL fan I hope so for the Chiefs fans sake. IDK why but I will always have a special place in my football heart for the teams that played AFL football like the Jets, Chargers, Broncos, Raiders, Bills, Oilers, Patriots and Chiefs

me too...old AFLer myself from Buffalo,,as most of you know I was a Bills ballboy during teams 1st years (Buster Ramsay, head coach)...

also knew lou saban when he replaced buster , thru his son..

the coaches, players all lived in same town i did and parents we were neigbors of Busters..

I made friends with sabans son when they moved in a few streets over..

old afl was great,,i got to be in bench area with gilchrist, kemp, dubenion, sestak, even that dickhead mcguire..

my favorite was a RB from Penn State, Richie Lucas,,but my all toime favorite , and the # I wore in High School was 19 Bambi, Lance Alworth...

I will never forget being on bench and seeing him make a sideline grab right in front of me and brushing up to me...

he was the best...

moved to NYC area in late 1964 and at still a young age became a Namath/Jets fan,,older brother and father remained Bills fans...

This coming from whom?

The Chiefs arn't going to part ways with Edwards. They knew going into this season that this was going to be a rebuilding season when they had 10 draft picks, they even acknowledged that. Herm will be around until at least the end of the 2009 season.

every week for the past 2 years I sit here thinking "how does this guy still have a head coaching job?" Herm needs to step down and take a league office position-do it for the city, do it for the fans-do it for the game. He really is a terrible NFL coach and no miracle performances from some unknown QB or WR is gonna change that-we all get lucky sometimes (thinking of Tyler Thigpen and Bowe)

This coming from whom?

nope..ONLY if King Carl survives,,If King Carl goes, Herm goes and viceversa

me too...old AFLer myself from Buffalo,,as most of you know I was a Bills ballboy during teams 1st years (Buster Ramsay, head coach)...

also knew lou saban when he replaced buster , thru his son..

the coaches, players all lived in same town i did and parents we were neigbors of Busters..

I made friends with sabans son when they moved in a few streets over..

old afl was great,,i got to be in bench area with gilchrist, kemp, dubenion, sestak, even that dickhead mcguire..

my favorite was a RB from Penn State, Richie Lucas,,but my all toime favorite , and the # I wore in High School was 19 Bambi, Lance Alworth...

I will never forget being on bench and seeing him make a sideline grab right in front of me and brushing up to me...

he was the best...

moved to NYC area in late 1964 and at still a young age became a Namath/Jets fan,,older brother and father remained Bills fans...

You guys are warming my heart. I will always be an AFL guy at heart. I am sure I am like most fans in that I look at the NFL schedule each week and decide who I want to win for each game. Obviously, any impact on the Jets is my first criteria. Then there are teams I just hate (Cowboys, Redskins, Raiders, etc.) But, everything else being equal, I still root for the other 9 AFL teams against the rest of the 22 teams (or at least, the other six, as the Pats, Bills and Phins almost always have an impact on the Jets). It is really subconscious, but that is how much of an effect the old AFL had on my then young mind.

As far as Alworth, what can you say? I wish the youngins here could have seen him. I don't even know how to describe him. Maybe a slightly taller Wayne Crebet with 4.2-4.3 speed? A shorter Randy Moss without the attitude. He was just incredible. And I obviously loved Don Maynard, but Maynard was a distant second to Alworth.

This coming from whom?

While I agree with your reasoning, I still think he'll get fired and should get fired. While everyone knew it would be a rebuilding year, I doubt anyone thought it would be this bad. Furthermore, where's the future of this team? They have 2 decent young prospects in Bowe and Albert. Beyond that they have nothing but garbage. Maybe Derrick Johnson is decent, but he's nothing great. Dorsey has been downright awful. I'm not talking "learning the ropes" awful, I'm talking horrible technique, flat footedness, no pursuit, can't overpower his man awful. One thing for sure, Herm has no eye for a good DT prospect. Herm put his eggs in Brodie Croyle's basket. Brodie was going to be the guy to rise KC and Herm to fame. Problem is twofold though. A-Brodie Croyle flat out sucks B-Brodie Croyle has the durability of a used condom.

KC's future is bleak. Very bleak. Nothing Herm/Carl have done has painted a birhgter promise of a successful future for them. They need a RB, QB, OL, DL, LB's, and an entire DB overhaul. Look at their past drafts:

2006-T Hali, Bernard Pollard, Brodie Croyle have all been JAGs or busts.

2007-Dwayne Bowe was a good pick, but thn they drafted 2 DT's that have both underperformed horribly. In true Herm fashion they drafted a Kicker!!??

2008-Dorsey has been terrible in all facets. I just don't think the guy is going to be any good at all. Albert was a very good pick. Flowers remains to be seen. I certainly don't think we'll be seeing him on or near the top of anyone's top 5 list of CB's, but it's hard to judge a guy who is playing CB on a team that gives opposing QB's time for tea before throwing the ball.

And seriously, do you guys realize that Adrian Jones is starting for them? The same Adrian Jones he tried to pimp out here. The same Adrian Jones that sucked so horribly that Mangini got him out after one season. Herm snatched him up in a NY minute, which is fitting since it's likely he wouldn't even be in the league if not for Herm. To Herm, talent is like good coaching, he wouldn't know it if it smacked him upside the head.

While I agree with your reasoning, I still think he'll get fired and should get fired. While everyone knew it would be a rebuilding year, I doubt anyone thought it would be this bad. Furthermore, where's the future of this team? They have 2 decent young prospects in Bowe and Albert. Beyond that they have nothing but garbage. Maybe Derrick Johnson is decent, but he's nothing great. Dorsey has been downright awful. I'm not talking "learning the ropes" awful, I'm talking horrible technique, flat footedness, no pursuit, can't overpower his man awful. One thing for sure, Herm has no eye for a good DT prospect. Herm put his eggs in Brodie Croyle's basket. Brodie was going to be the guy to rise KC and Herm to fame. Problem is twofold though. A-Brodie Croyle flat out sucks B-Brodie Croyle has the durability of a used condom.

KC's future is bleak. Very bleak. Nothing Herm/Carl have done has painted a birhgter promise of a successful future for them. They need a RB, QB, OL, DL, LB's, and an entire DB overhaul. Look at their past drafts:

2006-T Hali, Bernard Pollard, Brodie Croyle have all been JAGs or busts.

2007-Dwayne Bowe was a good pick, but thn they drafted 2 DT's that have both underperformed horribly. In true Herm fashion they drafted a Kicker!!??

2008-Dorsey has been terrible in all facets. I just don't think the guy is going to be any good at all. Albert was a very good pick. Flowers remains to be seen. I certainly don't think we'll be seeing him on or near the top of anyone's top 5 list of CB's, but it's hard to judge a guy who is playing CB on a team that gives opposing QB's time for tea before throwing the ball.

And seriously, do you guys realize that Adrian Jones is starting for them? The same Adrian Jones he tried to pimp out here. The same Adrian Jones that sucked so horribly that Mangini got him out after one season. Herm snatched him up in a NY minute, which is fitting since it's likely he wouldn't even be in the league if not for Herm. To Herm, talent is like good coaching, he wouldn't know it if it smacked him upside the head.

nicely thought out post..potw

As far as Alworth, what can you say? I wish the youngins here could have seen him. I don't even know how to describe him. Maybe a slightly taller Wayne Crebet with 4.2-4.3 speed? A shorter Randy Moss without the attitude. He was just incredible. And I obviously loved Don Maynard, but Maynard was a distant second to Alworth.

Steve Largent is the closest I can think of that compares to Alworth DM-how about the way they would uinleash 50 yard bombs in that league, Namath, Lamonica, Hadl, Lenny Dawson was a more modern type of QB but he too could uncork it

Steve Largent is the closest I can think of that compares to Alworth DM-how about the way they would uinleash 50 yard bombs in that league, Namath, Lamonica, Hadl, Lenny Dawson was a more modern type of QB but he too could uncork it

I loved it. Alworth, Maynard, Otis Taylor, Warren Wells ...

another huge afl guy chimin in. loved the hadl, allworth combo. loved len dawson.

loved george blanda as q'back & kicker

I just wish those San Diego teams of 63/64 had a shot at old NFL in superbowl,,john hadl, keith lincoln, paul lowe, lance alworth, ron mix, earl faison, ernie ladd , ernie wright, walt sweeney, speedy duncan

I just wish those San Diego teams of 63/64 had a shot at old NFL in superbowl,,john hadl, keith lincoln, paul lowe, lance alworth, ron mix, earl faison, ernie ladd , ernie wright, walt sweeney, speedy duncan

I remember when somebody was doing a piece on Alworth, and they interviewed his teammate Speedy Duncan. Duncan was a track champion in college (thus, the nickname) and he consistently ran 4.3 forties. They asked Speedy what it was like to cover Alworth in practice. He laughed and said he hated it. He said he could not stay with Alworth on long passes and he was embarassed because Duncan had the rep of being the fastest guy in the AFL.

Archived