Yankees fans..act as if you've been there before..we have

Jetlag

Could you clowns calm it down. Jesus I'm reading all these posts about winning the WS or bust and how this is the greatest collection of players ever and blah blah blah.

A) Who the hell do we have playing in the outfield? I like Swisher but his bat was awful.

B) Unless they intend on sticking Joba back into set-up we're still looking for relief help.

C) How is our starting pitching that good? CC, is an overweight hump who has yet to prove that he'll be able to handle any of this pressure. Burnett is often injured and has yet to prove anything other than that occasionally he has filthy stuff. Wang completely lost his splitter, where the hell did it go btw?

D) Will Cano return to 2007 or is he just the flash in the pan?

E) Jeter/Posada are not the players they were a decade or even a few years ago, lets not kid ourselves.

F) Will Girardi be able to solder all of this talent together into a cohesive team that wants to win for each other? Or will all of these big paychecks be wasted on New York City night life?

So stop with the damn World Series party. Get a grip, you don't buy a championship, you earn with smart gutty play. If you haven't learned that over the past 7 years then you just haven't been paying attention.

Championships teams need role players. This is just an assorted cast of overpaid all-stars.

Could you clowns calm it down. Jesus I'm reading all these posts about winning the WS or bust and how this is the greatest collection of players ever and blah blah blah.

A) Who the hell do we have playing in the outfield? I like Swisher but his bat was awful.

B) Unless they intend on sticking Joba back into set-up we're still looking for relief help.

C) How is our starting pitching that good? CC, is an overweight hump who has yet to prove that he'll be able to handle any of this pressure. Burnett is often injured and has yet to prove anything other than that occasionally he has filthy stuff. Wang completely lost his splitter, where the hell did it go btw?

E) Jeter/Posada are not the players they were a decade or even a few years ago, lets not kid ourselves.

F) Will Girardi be able to solder all of this talent together into a cohesive team that wants to win for each other? Or will all of these big paychecks be wasted on New York City night life?

So stop with the damn World Series party. Get a grip, you don't buy a championship, you earn with smart gutty play. If you haven't learned that over the past 7 years then you just haven't been paying attention.

Championships teams need role players. This is just an assorted cast of overpaid all-stars.

outfield? we got Damon, Matsui, Nady, Swisher, Melky....and Manny in a few weeks

He doesn't have a starting spot. Left to right - Damon, Gardner\Melky - Nady

Joba will be the 8th inning guy once they resign Andy P.

How did Wang lose anything? He hurt his foot but was leading the league in wins when he got hurt. He was something like 8 and 2, definitely was off to an amazing start. CC is an ace. Burnett is being asked to be the # 3 guy and Andy will be # 4. That rotation is very impressive.

He is hitting 8th. He won't be counted on for much, so any step in the right direction would be a good one.

They don't have to be. Posada just has to catch and he will hit 6th or 7th. If the year Jeter had in 2007 was a result of him slowing down that is okay. .300 and 180 hits is fine for your # 2 hitter.

CC isn't a nightlife kind of guy. Burnett -- nobody is even going to know who he is out on the town if he goes. And Tex? It would be a physical impossibility for him to be more of a headache\distraction than Giambi was.

They are overpaid. No doubt about it. I think it is insane how much money this team makes. That being said, they are going to win the World Series and they have made the team much better this offseason.

He doesn't have a starting spot. Left to right - Damon, Gardner\Melky - Nady

- I HATE Damon! He is a HUGE liability in the field. Gardner/Melky?? Ok I'll give you Nady.

Joba will be the 8th inning guy once they resign Andy P.

Andy P. is washed up. I love him but he's better off sitting at home in Texas.

How did Wang lose anything? He hurt his foot but was leading the league in wins when he got hurt. He was something like 8 and 2, definitely was off to an amazing start. CC is an ace. Burnett is being asked to be the # 3 guy and Andy will be # 4. That rotation is very impressive.

Wang's splitter has completely disappeared and he was getting by on smoke and mirrors this year. Sure he would have had 17-19 wins but what would his post-season look like? Probably just more of the same crap. CC has ace stuff, let him pitch in pinstripes for a year before we call him an ace. Burnett, I love his stuff but there is no consistency. I already commented on Andy.

He is hitting 8th. He won't be counted on for much, so any step in the right direction would be a good one.

There is only so many at bats I can watch where he gets up to the plate, takes three hacks, puts his head down and walks back to the bench.

They don't have to be. Posada just has to catch and he will hit 6th or 7th. If the year Jeter had in 2007 was a result of him slowing down that is okay. .300 and 180 hits is fine for your # 2 hitter.

Is Posada's arm going to be ok? He may not even be a suitable option to catch. Pudge may be the better option (or even Jose Molina). Jeter, oh man, I think playing next to A-rod has finally started to wear on him. He's developing A-Rod's bad habits at the plate (GIDP, K's, overall unclutchness).

CC isn't a nightlife kind of guy. Burnett -- nobody is even going to know who he is out on the town if he goes. And Tex? It would be a physical impossibility for him to be more of a headache\distraction than Giambi was.

I don't even just mean partying. Nearly the whole starting roster makes 3x more than Joe. I don't know if he carries any respect. Hopefully this year he can start to manage better. It seems that he doesn't ask players to do certain things such as bunt/steal/sacrifice..etc because that's "not what they're being paid for".

They are overpaid. No doubt about it. I think it is insane how much money this team makes. That being said, they are going to win the World Series and they have made the team much better this offseason.

Max I wouldn't set my expectations so high for this team. They haven't proven anything yet.

Relief help? WTF is Marte, Edwar, Veras, etc with more on the way?

Joba is a starter. Get used to it.

I'm not sold on Marte, the guy is being paid to get out one player a game. Useless. Edwar is good but can be exposed. I like Veras and I like Britton actually.

It's the nature of the business. Yankee fans are allowed to be excited. I don't think management sign these fat checks just to be competitive. If you asked Yankee management privately, guaranteed they'll tell you either a championship or its a failure. With a payroll in excess of 210mil you can't have anything less.

It's the nature of the business. Yankee fans are allowed to be excited. I don't think management sign these fat checks just to be competitive. If you asked Yankee management privately, guaranteed they'll tell you either a championship or its a failure. With a payroll in excess of 210mil you can't have anything less.

I'm not telling people not to be excited but the proclamations of 27 need to simmer down. Let the team earn a ring.

The Yanks did well in signing CC, but I don't see all the fuss over Burnett. The guy never panned out to his full potential in Toronto. Yeah, he has a 98 MPH fastball, but as Joel Zumaya proves, it doesn't matter how fast you throw if you can't stay healthy. He looks more like the second coming of Carl Pavano for the Yanks then any sort of late season innings eater.

I still don't see this Yanks team going all the way this year. Why? Not because of some hatred for the club, but because the team to me still seems like they have the same problems that have cost them the last few years. They are a collection of talent and egos who don't play well as a team unit. Maybe they will learn to this year, but I dont think so. Especially having a merc like A-Rod on the team and possibly another one in Ramirez if he is signed.

outfield? we got Damon' date=' Matsui, Nady, Swisher, Melky....and Manny in a few weeks[/quote']

It will be Nady in right, Gardner/Swisher in center(unless and until Austin Jackson shows up midseason, perhaps), and then Damon in left, with Swisher/Matsui/Damon switching in and out of the DH spot. Unless they move Matsui. You cannot have an All Star at every spot.

As to pitching, Joba is in the rotation, period. There are so many innings that have to be pitched, he can pitch more of them as a starter. Now if after 2010 Mariano retires, we'll have a different discussion, but not for 2009.

In the pen, we'll have Mariano, followed by Veras, Ramirez, Bruney, probably Kennedy/Hughes loser of spot #5, and Melancon and some other youngsters getting a shot at filling out the pen. Again, there comes a point how much can you expect? Some of these guys will either fill in or get lost, and we'll have more auditions. But remember-wehn we have real starters as opposed to sucky ones, they figure to go further into the game more often, whcih means fewer innings from the bullpen.

Archived