Been watching the bowl games

afosomf

Big 12 teams suck

Florida is going to lay a big whoopin on OK

I do not know about that. One thing we will find out, Big 12 is either seeing the besy run of QBs in CFB history or they are slowly progressing to a No-D WAC Conference.

I will be interested to see if Florida can handle the OU Offense. I know they have the speed, but OU has a lot of weapons.

I do not know about that. One thing we will find out, Big 12 is either seeing the besy run of QBs in CFB history or they are slowly progressing to a No-D WAC Conference.

I will be interested to see if Florida can handle the OU Offense. I know they have the speed, but OU has a lot of weapons.

yup..bowl games are not true indicators,,the whole season is,,with a month or more off and 18-20 year olds, you never know what product you will get..distractions, visits home, time off, lower zest by teams that thought thier season would be better, still juice for teams that had better seasons and stll are momentum filled...

No Bowl Games are any good until, well, starting today.

BCS Bowl Games & the National Championship Game are the only Bowl Games worth watching. Conference Champions & the best teams. I can't watch two 7-5 or 8-4 teams duke it out.

yup..bowl games are not true indicators,,the whole season is,,with a month or more off and 18-20 year olds, you never know what product you will get..distractions, visits home, time off, lower zest by teams that thought thier season would be better, still juice for teams that had better seasons and stll are momentum filled...

That is why OU loses to Boise State and Utah might give Alabama a game for a little while.

BC should have beaten Vandy yesterday, but I doubt an eighth straight crappy bowl was what BC was looking for. Their goal is more likely a BCS Bowl for the first time in 20 years. Vandy was playing at home and in their first bowl in 40 years. Vandy came out like it meant something.

No Bowl Games are any good until, well, starting today.

BCS Bowl Games & the National Championship Game are the only Bowl Games worth watching. Conference Champions & the best teams. I can't watch two 7-5 or 8-4 teams duke it out.

Buffalo vs UCONN? :confused:

KY vs ECU? :confused:

Ball State vs Tulsa :confused:

sounds like ACC spilt milk skippy!!!!!!!!!!

That is why OU loses to Boise State and Utah might give Alabama a game for a little while.

BC should have beaten Vandy yesterday, but I doubt an eighth straight crappy bowl was what BC was looking for. Their goal is more likely a BCS Bowl for the first time in 20 years. Vandy was playing at home and in their first bowl in 40 years. Vandy came out like it meant something.

ya it all about incentive after a month and a half off (imagine NFL taking 5 weeks off from last game to 1st playoff game) ,,only true indicator is regualr season when teams are playing 3 months straight no breaks,,

regular season Out of conf record is what counts as viable indicator of conf overall strength..thats all u can really use to gauge since teams in reg season are more resemblant of what they really are.

http://www.colleyrankings.com/curconf.html

on a side note, it is what it is, but:

ACC ended 4-6 in bowl games

Here is an interesting observation: 5 of the 6 losses (all except for GT) have been games that the ACC lost when they had the ball with a chance to win the game on the final possession of regulation

UNC

NC State

Miami

Boston College

Clemson

All of the teams listed above had great chances to win their games with a score on the last drive, and all of them came up short. This has been a disappointing bowl season for the ACC but the conference is only a play here and a play there away from being 9-1 rather than 4-6.

ya it all about incentive after a month and a half off (imagine NFL taking 5 weeks off from last game to 1st playoff game) ,,only true indicator is regualr season when teams are playing 3 months straight no breaks,,

regular season Out of conf record is what counts as viable indicator of conf overall strength..thats all u can really use to gauge since teams in reg season are more resemblant of what they really are.

http://www.colleyrankings.com/curconf.html

on a side note, it is what it is, but:

ACC ended 4-6 in bowl games

Here is an interesting observation: 5 of the 6 losses (all except for GT) have been games that the ACC lost when they had the ball with a chance to win the game on the final possession of regulation

UNC

NC State

Miami

Boston College

Clemson

All of the teams listed above had great chances to win their games with a score on the last drive, and all of them came up short. This has been a disappointing bowl season for the ACC but the conference is only a play here and a play there away from being 9-1 rather than 4-6.

oh my...nice spin!!!!

oh my...nice spin!!!!

how is it spin,,they were 4-6 and it just says that they were in it till las tseries in 5 or 6 losses,,how the f**k is tha tspin,,they didnt win..

do u read these posts..doesnt seem so...

spin would be to say they were better team in each game ,,but no, on that day they werent but they were close...

please calm down and read freakin posts...

u r like those people that react only to 1 game, 1 day and treat it as the barometer of all season..

i wouldnt want u to be my GM or AD thats for sure...

you would have fired saban after the lost to that div 2 team last year...

oh my...nice spin!!!!

It is not spin. ACC is a nice conference. It has some good teams. It is not a great conference or more importantly, it does not have a great team.

All things considered, short of the GT thumping, the teams did ok.

-BC was going with a red shirt freshmen (Davis) after losing their starter late in the season.

-UNC had a QB (Yates) that missed half the season with an ankle injury, but he is a sophmore and will be back next year.

-NC State as we know lost Wilson late in the 1st half and their back-up QB could not hold onto a 17-6 lead. He (Wilson) is a RS Freshmen and will be back next year.

-UM replaced an inconsistent Marve with Harris a Freshmen in essentially a home game for Cal and did good.

I would say something about Clemson, but they pretty muc crapped all over themselves this year.

All young QBs that cut their teeth this year. I am not saying in 2-3 years they will all be in NY getting a Heisman like the Big 12 QBs this year, but they should play better and raise the level of play in the ACC next year.

It is not spin. ACC is a nice conference. It has some good teams. It is not a great conference or more importantly, it does not have a great team.

All things considered, short of the GT thumping, the teams did ok.

-BC was going with a red shirt freshmen (Davis) after losing their starter late in the season.

-UNC had a QB (Yates) that missed half the season with an ankle injury, but he is a sophmore and will be back next year.

-NC State as we know lost Wilson late in the 1st half and their back-up QB could not hold onto a 17-6 lead. He (Wilson) is a RS Freshmen and will be back next year.

-UM replaced an inconsistent Marve with Harris a Freshmen in essentially a home game for Cal and did good.

I would say something about Clemson, but they pretty muc crapped all over themselves this year.

All young QBs that cut their teeth this year. I am not saying in 2-3 years they will all be in NY getting a Heisman like the Big 12 QBs this year, but they should play better and raise the level of play in the ACC next year.

It is not SEC caliber that is my point

SJ bleeds UNC blue and is blinded at times

Archived