Lamont Jordan Turns Down 5 Year 20 Million Dollar Deal

YJF

Good God. I can't believe how much The Jets offered to keep Jordan.

I've never seen in my life a backup RB get a sweeter offer than 5 years 20 million with a 10 million dollar signing bonus.

Maybe in The year 2089 when the cap figure is 300 million, will backup RB's make 4 mill a season.

You know, what's funny. I predicted that The Jets would offer this type of deal to him.

Jets couldn't give Lamont Jordan what he wanted ultimately. The starting RB job.

This is my last post ever on Lamont Jordan. He's no longer a Jet.

There is the one and only reason.

Let's see how this decision by the Jets plays out in a short 2 or 3 years. :wink:

So if you're the Gm of the Jets - it would make perfect sense to sit, release, or trade professional football's leading rusher in 2004 to let LJ start? Wink this.

There is the one and only reason.

Let's see how this decision by the Jets plays out in a short 2 or 3 years. :wink:

What exactly else could they have done?

I am assuming your post is in sarcasm.

That was a excellent offer.

If Dillon carried Martin's cap hit would the Patriots trade or release him for Lamont Jordan.

Lets remember, one short off-season ago some posters stated Lamont wasn't worth a 2nd rounder.

I can't blame the Jets for losing Jordan at all here. Yes, it would have been nice if they could have gotten some compensation for Lamont, but Terry is just not that savvy. IMO, I'm excited to see what Lamont does for the Raiders, and I'm excited to see what we do in the draft to replace him. I don't think Blaylock is the future, necessarily, but he has some skills and can play.

Archived