Jets are flying in a mountain man DT for a visit

Green Jets & Ham

Height: 6-2

Weight: 339

Born: Jun. 1, 1979

Memphis, TN

Position: Defensive Tackle

Grade 69

Insider Analysis Bell has surprising quickness and explosion off the football for a man of his size and he is at his best on the move, despite his massive frame. He is short and stout and plays like a bull in a china shop. He can anchor at the point of attack and is very strong. He uses his hands well, can stack and shed and beats blocks with quickness and effort. He has a good motor and plays with a bit of a nasty streak. He has a quick first step and can beat blocks as an inside, one gap penetrator. However, Bell is not an every down player. He is too heavy and will get worn down over the course of the game. He gets sluggish and tired and becomes less effective when used primarily as a two gap run stuffer. He does not have good lateral quickness and he has limited agility, particularly as the game goes on. He does not make a lot of plays in pursuit. Overall, Bell is an intriguing young player with a lot of ability and he has flashed the ability to wreak some havoc when he is fresh.

Position Defensive Tackle

'04 Team Detroit Lions

'05 Team

Exp. 4 Years

Scouts In evaluation on Bell-not bad Stormshadow

I was off ten pounds.. just makes him look better, right? :lol:

Anyway, the reason I bring him up, he played damn good for the Lions, he'll come cheap, and he's a big body who'd fit nicely into a rotation. He'd be a great change of pace. And, he's a big body.

It's actually a great idea

Bernard makes no earthly sense ... we already signed an undersized DT {Legree} ... to sign another one would be overkill

What we need now is a MOUNTAIN MAN for the rotation ... a man we can use on running downs

What we need now is a MOUNTAIN MAN for the rotation ... a man we can use on running downs

we already have 1 you want 2 bro

Bell probably can command more bank cause of his size - a 69 in scouts INC is better than a 64 (Legree) even tho Lance has similar production -

the JETS don't want to pay a ton but they want good rotational guys - they have Drob it's not like the cupboard is bare

you want a super unit and that's maybe askin too much

they could get that through the draft if they take DT early but it won't be as relevant for 05 -

we already have 1 you want 2 bro

Bell probably can command more bank cause of his size - a 69 in scouts INC is better than a 64 (Legree) even tho Lance has similar production -

the JETS don't want to pay a ton but they want good rotational guys - they have Drob it's not like the cupboard is bare

you want a super unit and that's maybe askin too much

they could get that through the draft if they take DT early but it won't be as relevant for 05 -

Bit, Robertson is not a part of any rotation ... he's an every down guy at one DT spot

But having lost out on the BIG DAWGS {Williams, fergy, Payne} for the OTHER DT SPOT, we now need a rotation for THAT SPOT ... and we need one of each ... a quicker/undersized guy {Legree}, and a MOUNTAIN MAN for short yardage and Goal-Line {Bell}

To sign Bernard and Legree makes no sense ... once you signed one of these guys, Bell is the BETTER FIT as the second guy in the rotation

Don't you agree?

Bit, Robertson is not a part of any rotation ... he's an every down guy at one DT spot

But having lost out on the BIG DAWGS {Williams, fergy, Payne} for the OTHER DT SPOT, we now need a rotation for THAT SPOT ... and we need one of each ... a quicker/undersized guy {Legree}, and a MOUNTAIN MAN for short yardage and Goal-Line {Bell}

To sign Bernard and Legree makes no sense ... once you signed one of these guys, Bell is the BETTER FIT as the second guy in the rotation

Don't you agree?

I know I do... but then again, I'm the one who's pimping Marcus Bell. He's not a bad player. And he played real well in the rotation with Shaun Rogers and Dan Wilkinson. He's not a DRob or a Shaun Rogers, but he'll plug holes.

i definately agree that bigger is better - what i am saying is the JETS run a rotation and DRob is part of that rotation - no one watches this guy more than me and he needs to get breaks to be as effective as possible - games they leave him in the whole time he wears down and i don't know that it will ever change - Fergie was in the rotation as well - harper and Reed saw real snaps especially down the stretch -

they run a 4 man rotation - if they can sign 2 undersized guys with upside for the price of 1 Bell maybe that's a better move - look for DT bulk in the draft

I am not an expert on the NFL but who is this guy because I have certainly never heard of him- I hope he is paying for his flight and not us GJ & Ham

:lol: Pay for his own flight.

Hey, anyone want to take a flyer on Trevor Pryce for a third round pick?

:lol: Pay for his own flight.

Hey, anyone want to take a flyer on Trevor Pryce for a third round pick?

I do he would be an awsome addition! Very big and athletic defensive lineman. Played OLB in college actually next to levon kirkland for a year or two i think. Converted to defensive end and then tackle. He is a beast in the middle. Great idea!

I do he would be an awsome addition! Very big and athletic defensive lineman. Played OLB in college actually next to levon kirkland for a year or two i think. Converted to defensive end and then tackle. He is a beast in the middle. Great idea!

That said, it'll never happen. :lol:

trevor pryce would be the next chester mc-snore-ton

he's washed up - done

---

DT is probably the toughest position to fill well - there's alot of TRASH out there...

I don't think that is really fair. I mean Mc-snor-ton had a reputation for being lazy. I've never heard that about pryce. From everything I've heard he is a hard worker. McGlockton was notoriously lazy everywhere he went. Pryce could also play 3-4 DE very well imo if the Jets wanted to play more multiple fronts next year.

Archived