any teachers out there?

haggis

I know greengal is one and I'm sure there are others. Anyone got any words of wisdom for your Scottish buddy? I start next Tuesday as a science and gym teacher at St Johns Baptist here in Ludlow, MA. It should be a challenge. I have all the teacher's books and I guess I should prep a little.

i am soooo happy for you, SJ!!! we really need some more wonderful teachers!!! I am sure you will be fine..in fact i suspect before the end of the week... you will be one of the most popular teachers!

Just have fun! dont hesitate to pm me if you ever need something or to just b!tch ;)

what level are you teaching?

I know greengal is one and I'm sure there are others. Anyone got any words of wisdom for your Scottish buddy? I start next Tuesday as a science and gym teacher at St Johns Baptist here in Ludlow, MA. It should be a challenge. I have all the teacher's books and I guess I should prep a little.

I'm a past tense teacher, if that counts. My advice is simple: remember that the kids are the reason why you are there, have fun but be firm and consistent at all times, and don't be afraid to laugh at yourself. Good luck!

Different league, but I teach computer software courses to adults. Not basics, complicated stuff.

SJ, there is no substitute for preperation. Any time I get a little arrogant, think I know the subject thoroughy and try to wing it, it bites me in the a$$.

Teaching can be very rewarding. It can also be other things.

:wink:

Best of luck.

d

So it's go-time tomorrow. First has to be the hardest. Right? It won;t be a killer day, more a 'getting to know you' type of day. But I'm sweating it a little. The whole Catholic angle freaks me a little. I'm not religious at all and I will have to lead prayers.

But I'm ready for tomorrow. I prepped. I have my outline, review and backup plan in place.

Time to chill on the deck, enjoy a nice Octoberfest, glass of whisky and a cigar. My last bit of freedom! 8)

So it's go-time tomorrow. First has to be the hardest. Right? It won;t be a killer day, more a 'getting to know you' type of day. But I'm sweating it a little. The whole Catholic angle freaks me a little. I'm not religious at all and I will have to lead prayers.

But I'm ready for tomorrow. I prepped. I have my outline, review and backup plan in place.

Time to chill on the deck, enjoy a nice Octoberfest, glass of whisky and a cigar. My last bit of freedom! 8)

I've heard it said that the first 5 minutes are the toughest. Have those 5 minutes down, deep breaths before hand and go get 'em. The rest is downhill....

Sorta.

:)

d

Archived