Selena Roberts

ChadLover

But we do know that this information was under seal and not supposed to be released to anyone. That said judge was displeased that other than the specific 10 BALCO-involved players(Bonds, Giambi et al who were called before the grand jury), he didn't think it appropriate that any other inofmration was released to the US attorney and said so on the record. He's not going to be any happier that now someone has released that data to a reporter so she can promote her crappy book. Whether someone in the union or MLB or the US Attorney's office is irrelevant; someone released sealed information against his order.

That is the responsibility of the leaking party.

Not the party that receives said information.

That is the crux.

In his 2008 book, "Vindicated: Big Names, Big Liars, and The Battle to Save Baseball," Jose Canseco claimed he introduced Rodriguez to a steroids dealer. Canseco, who has admitted using steroids, subsequently said he had no knowledge of any drug use by Rodriguez.

"They are looking in the wrong places," Canseco said in a text message to The Associated Press. "This is a 25-year cover-up. The true criminals are Gene Orza, [union head] Donald Fehr and [commissioner] Bud [selig]. Investigate them, and you will have all the answers."

this

I have no problem with Roberts report on ARod. She received information about a positive test and she had it verified by four different sources. I'm sure that she had to run the report by not only her editors at Sports Illustrated but by the magazines lawyers as well.

Baseball cannot be trusted to police themselves and they would have hidden this information forever if they had their druthers. Now MLB has to step up and release the 103 other names on the list. They are all eventually going to come out. MLB should release them all in one fell swoop and get it all over with.

ARod only has himself to blame for the mess he is in right now. He did steroids. Case closed. We shouldn't be killing the messenger.

:sign0098: Nice post

Selena Roberts committed no crime. She was doing a story or writing a book on A-Roid. She came across information about his use of PEDs. She made sure it was accurate. She reported the story. She did what every other sports reporter would do. Instead of vilifying her like some here has, why not go after the cheaters who go caught. If you have an issue with confidentiality, it has nothing to do with Roberts, it has everything to do with the union or maybe it was leaked through the feds.

The law is not always perfect. If someone is guilty of something does it really matter how they were proven to be guilty? You are what you inject, and apparently A-rod doesn't know what that is.

A-rod was wrong. His rep is destroyed forever.And may be that's as it should be.

But as to the fairness of all this, Roberts is a typical whiny media douchebag. In a fair world and if she were a man(and she's certainly manly, if DNA says otherwise), Rodriguez would have been allowed to slug her in the face when she came to his gym last Thursday.

Ms. Roberst already deserves a cold place in hHell for what she and the Times tried to do to those Duke lax players.

When you guys wonder why I hate the media so much, look no further than this parasite. She takes confidentail information that should never have been released and uses it as a marketing tool for her book. Just freaking grand!

She released subpeonaed sealed materials that a federal judge in the Bonds case said before all this these items should not have been given to the Feds in the first place. Reporters, like Roberts's former colleague at the Times Judith Miller, have gone to jail for refusing to reveal their sources in exactly that situation. It will be XXL jumpsuit for this POS.

The Times is owned by the same parent company as the Boston Red Sox, and the own a book publishing firm. Take a wild guess who Ms. Roberts' publisher is.

Last I saw this woman she was mewling on Bob Costas' HBO dog&pony show(she qualifiies as both) that Lebron James would not give her an interview. WGAF? Like a. Lebron James has any clue who she is, and b. why does she think the golfers who read SI give a flying Boris about Lebron James.

Bugg, the Coupons were right about not signing Mr. 24+1 after all eh??

PS. I am just kidding, please don't go Ponzi scheme on me again.

I don't understand where the confusion is coming from...

If this information is part of the Balco case and the fed judge ordered it sealed as part of the case and someone leaked the info, she may be called before a grand jury to name her sources, if she doesn't she goes to jail, if she does, the leaker goes to jail for tampering.

I wonder if this helps Bonds. Either his lawyers now have the list and, if due to this recent leak of info, can have the list removed as evidence....well..back to square one.

Archived