TV Land Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

People need to start voting.

For the new guys, lots of innocents die in this game. It's the nature of the beast. The town is a team, and if one is left, and wins, then the town wins.

It's good to be cautious and analyze, but there's 9 hours left, and we're not even close.

Decisions must be made, and you cant be paralized by fear of being voted for later if you vote for the wrong person. It's part of the game.

A random lynch was fine for day 1 (we were very fortunate) but we can't let it happen like that again.

yea if we kept letting random lynches to happen most likely the mafia will win...

people need to get off their butts and vote!!!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what happened to all you guys voting Woody Paige in the night session and now he has 0 votes?

Did something change?

and woody I'm not coloring them I'm copy pasting..

A neutron goes into a bar and asks the bartender, "How much for a beer?"

The bartender replies, "For you, no charge."

what happened to all you guys voting Woody Paige in the night session and now he has 0 votes?

Did something change?

and woody I'm not coloring them I'm copy pasting..

A neutron goes into a bar and asks the bartender, "How much for a beer?"

The bartender replies, "For you, no charge."

I'm still suspicious of him. Just slightly more suspicious of you.

Also one of the main reasons I waited was to see who was close to being lynched and who we could really apply pressure on. I don't see the opportunity to do that WP but to an extent I do with you. I unvoted for that reason, my suspicions aren't gone though.

Is there really much point in voting for a guy with 0 votes though? As EY and JiF have pointed out we don't exactly have all the time in the world to be analyzing. I could see this turning out to be another random lynch. At this rate at least.

Agreed. It's clear that Vicious and CTM are in the lead here and Vicious would encourage the town to vote either for Vicious or CTM. CTM thinks Vicious is guilty because of the "timing of my vote" and Vicious believes CTM to be guilty for his accusations of JVoR, subsequent backing off only for JVoR to be killed in night #1. This was after JVoR had called out CTM publically. Both cases have their merit, pick your poison.

My suspiscion still remains on WP. As it does on JiF.

But for now, unless some other people are willing to join in on voting those two, then perhaps it is between CTM and Viscious.

I am willing to return my vote to WP or JiF if others seem willing to go in that direction.

For now, unvote: JiF.

I will be back at 4ish to make my final vote. I will not be around between 6 and the deadline, so if anyone has anything incredibly compelling to say, please do so before 6.

My suspiscion still remains on WP. As it does on JiF.

But for now, unless some other people are willing to join in on voting those two, then perhaps it is between CTM and Viscious.

I am willing to return my vote to WP or JiF if others seem willing to go in that direction.

For now, unvote: JiF.

I will be back at 4ish to make my final vote. I will not be around between 6 and the deadline, so if anyone has anything incredibly compelling to say, please do so before 6.

I too will switch my vote to WP if he recieves enough votes. I'm convinced that either he or CTM (Not both) is mafia.

I feel like, as many have said, in order to keep from a random lynch a decision between CTM or Vicious needs to be made. My own dilemma is really that I'm kind of lukewarm on both. Vicious I was actually much more suspicious of early on due to his early FOS / Voting pattern. He just seemed to be acting way too opportunistic and trying to push along which potential bandwagons he could find. However, as time has gone on and I've seen more from him, I've actually felt less strongly about this. CTM on the other hand, is a guy I am certainly leery of, but to this point, hasn't done a whole lot that really jumps out to me just yet.

Part of the problem is with how day one turned out I feel its hard to come to any conclusions. Its tough to blame anyone for voting JVoR when we all did it without the knowledge of his role, so it makes it difficult to differentiate townie from mafia there. While getting Norway was great, he was pretty much off the map at that point so we don't get a lot of help in trying to link anything to him at all. And with JVoR getting the axe, outside of some incompetence from our doctor(s), it didn't tell us a whole lot more than the info we already had aside from confirming his reveal.

While I'm certainly compelled to go back and take a closer look at CTM due to how many people seem so sold on him, at this point I haven't seen enough myself to be convinced of him being mafia. While I'm not 100% on Vicious, I feel like the best shot now is to go with my initial gut on him, which was definitely a strong feeling of scum, and combine that with the observation made by others earlier about the potential distancing tactic between him and Norway (I'm willing to bet during day one at least one mafia was voting for another for this exact purpose). Unless I see anything that changes my mind on CTM when I go back and look or somebody sells me on their case, I feel like that's the way to go for now.

Vote: Vicious

I feel like, as many have said, in order to keep from a random lynch a decision between CTM or Vicious needs to be made. My own dilemma is really that I'm kind of lukewarm on both. Vicious I was actually much more suspicious of early on due to his early FOS / Voting pattern. He just seemed to be acting way too opportunistic and trying to push along which potential bandwagons he could find. However, as time has gone on and I've seen more from him, I've actually felt less strongly about this. CTM on the other hand, is a guy I am certainly leery of, but to this point, hasn't done a whole lot that really jumps out to me just yet.

Part of the problem is with how day one turned out I feel its hard to come to any conclusions. Its tough to blame anyone for voting JVoR when we all did it without the knowledge of his role, so it makes it difficult to differentiate townie from mafia there. While getting Norway was great, he was pretty much off the map at that point so we don't get a lot of help in trying to link anything to him at all. And with JVoR getting the axe, outside of some incompetence from our doctor(s), it didn't tell us a whole lot more than the info we already had aside from confirming his reveal.

While I'm certainly compelled to go back and take a closer look at CTM due to how many people seem so sold on him, at this point I haven't seen enough myself to be convinced of him being mafia. While I'm not 100% on Vicious, I feel like the best shot now is to go with my initial gut on him, which was definitely a strong feeling of scum, and combine that with the observation made by others earlier about the potential distancing tactic between him and Norway (I'm willing to bet during day one at least one mafia was voting for another for this exact purpose). Unless I see anything that changes my mind on CTM when I go back and look or somebody sells me on their case, I feel like that's the way to go for now.

Vote: Vicious

BG- Vicious respects your choice but would only like to remind you of your logic and once Vicious is lynched to see that the two innocents that CTM pursued the hardest. Many voted for JVoR but there was one person truly leading the charge, and the same stands true with Vicious at this current moment.

All Vicious can ask for is the same JVoR did, take a look at what is going on RIGHT NOW, who is persecuting, and put some things together. It should be clearer at that point that CTM is Mafia. It seems Vicious fate hangs on something silly like time of Vicious's post, a point that has been focused on and hammered to death by CTM.

If Vicious is close to being lynched he will follow in the footsteps of JVoR and reveal his role and cast the final vote.

BG- Vicious respects your choice but would only like to remind you of your logic and once Vicious is lynched to see that the two innocents that CTM pursued the hardest. Many voted for JVoR but there was one person truly leading the charge, and the same stands true with Vicious at this current moment.

All Vicious can ask for is the same JVoR did, take a look at what is going on RIGHT NOW, who is persecuting, and put some things together. It should be clearer at that point that CTM is Mafia. It seems Vicious fate hangs on something silly like time of Vicious's post, a point that has been focused on and hammered to death by CTM.

If Vicious is close to being lynched he will follow in the footsteps of JVoR and reveal his role and cast the final vote.

I hear what you're saying, but at this point its kind of tough due to us being handcuffed by limited info based on how day one turned out. Honestly, we need to go through with some sort of town-determined lynch to get some info to work with. However, in response to your last comment, if you have a pro-town role worth revealing, there's absolutely no reason to kill yourself. Instead, you should not only let us know, but do so while giving us ample opportunity to go with another lynch option (i.e., CTM). Granted, after what happened to JVOR there's no assurance you will be Doc protected from a night kill, but at the very least it would be forcing the hand of the mafia to kill you themselves rather than having us do it for them.

I hear what you're saying, but at this point its kind of tough due to us being handcuffed by limited info based on how day one turned out. Honestly, we need to go through with some sort of town-determined lynch to get some info to work with. However, in response to your last comment, if you have a pro-town role worth revealing, there's absolutely no reason to kill yourself. Instead, you should not only let us know, but do so while giving us ample opportunity to go with another lynch option (i.e., CTM). Granted, after what happened to JVOR there's no assurance you will be Doc protected from a night kill, but at the very least it would be forcing the hand of the mafia to kill you themselves rather than having us do it for them.

Vicious understands, and would like to say his role is very restricted. Once the role is revealed Vicious will not be much of a help to the town. Although if you think this can sway the town towards a CTM vote Vicious will reveal his role.

Townies- If you are truly a townie, and have a townie role, do you want to know what Vicious's role is? Vicious will reveal it realizing the consequences but is curious if this will be enough to convince you guys to vote CTM.

Again, I am not pushing for anyone hard.. jeez what a bunch of girls... lol..

My sole theory is that we know Norway was evil and out side of that we have 0 leads. Norway and Vicious may have block voted and Norway was voting Vicious early on day 1 which mafia members sometime like to do in order to distance from one another.

That is the only reason I am voting vicious and the only real lead I have, which isn't even strong. I have not encouraged anyone else to vote vicious (or jvor for that matter) like you see Uart and now Vicious doing to me...

(doggin I'm splitting this posts only for readibility)

With no cop left (thanks doc) and theoretically little for the town lose I propose a mass role claim. This would work by having everyone announce your role(vanilla townie, doctor, mason, whatever) and we lynch down the line of vanilla townies until we find scum. The actual mafia will be cornered into the vanilla townie role which will increase their odds of being day lynched or risk fake claiming a role that will be held to scrutiny by the town..

If a few people agree I say we get started..

Did you hear about the red ship and the blue ship that collided?

Both crews were marooned

lets everybody claim!!!

It'll at least make the game interesting..

Did you hear about the new "Divorce Barbie"?

It comes with all of Ken's stuff

yea i agree with EY on this one if everyone annouces there roles the mafia is just going to start picking people off that the town needs in the game that a bad idea.. make it interesting yes but only if you wanna witness a mafia blood bath...

UNVOTE: vicious

VOTE:CTM

CTM, You trying to get people to revel there role is probably your poor plot to get info so you know who to kill tonight.. im on to you now

Vote Count

CTM (5) - Uart, Vicious, Irish, War Ensemble, LilMick

Vicious (3) - CTM, JiF, BG

LilMick (1) - Thor

Woody (1) - Double Down

With 14 players alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch

Day 2 Will End Wed. Night at 9pm

will we finally get to see someone actually lynched?? 4 people still havent even voted.. because we cant let another random lynching happen.. we arnt going to get lucky like we did last time.. how many mafia members are usually in these games??

With the absence of a cop to confirm, all you're doing is setting up a prioritized kill list.

No your not, you still have a doctor who should protect themselves or the best remaining power role. With a cop being missing there aren't likely to be many worthwhile power roles anyway

What you gain however is a lot of info, and the ability to lynch from your vanillas where all the mafia is likely to be herded too....

"Doctor! Doctor! I feel like a pack of cards!"

"Sit down and I'll deal with you later."

No your not, you still have a doctor who should protect themselves or the best remaining power role. With a cop being missing there aren't likely to be many worthwhile power roles..

What you gain however is a lot of info, and the ability to lynch from your vanillas where all the mafia is likely to be herded too....

"Doctor! Doctor! I feel like a pack of cards!"

"Sit down and I'll deal with you later."

Yeah, so the Dr. can choose to protect himself or the most powerful role, and it's 50/50 he gets killed that night. All the while, everyone else gets picked off one by one.

It's 4:00 PM and as promised, I'm going to have to vote.

Vote: CTM

Not happy about this, but for me, it's the best option right now.

With no cop left (thanks doc) and theoretically little for the town lose I propose a mass role claim. This would work by having everyone announce your role(vanilla townie, doctor, mason, whatever) and we lynch down the line of vanilla townies until we find scum. The actual mafia will be cornered into the vanilla townie role which will increase their odds of being day lynched or risk fake claiming a role that will be held to scrutiny by the town..

If a few people agree I say we get started..

I find this very suspicious. Mass role revealing only works in the mafia's favor. Assuming every one with power roles tells the truth, the mafia has their biggest targets outlined from the beginning. Then other mafia can just make up power roles of their own that blends in with the current ones.

All this does is reveal everyone's role and provide a prioritized hit list for the mafia to go by. And because the mafia will obviously not tell townies their real roles, we're still stuck at the beginning.

As a wise man once said:

itsatrap.jpg

yea i agree with EY on this one if everyone annouces there roles the mafia is just going to start picking people off that the town needs in the game that a bad idea.. make it interesting yes but only if you wanna witness a mafia blood bath...

UNVOTE: vicious

VOTE:CTM

CTM, You trying to get people to revel there role is probably your poor plot to get info so you know who to kill tonight.. im on to you now

wrong... yes, you trade visible power roles for improved scum hunting + increased information (something we are lacking) and an increased chance of a blocked NK since the doc will protect themselves or another power role

My assertion is that with no cop left and only a single NK last night, it's very likely our remaining power roles aren't that strong anyway so no reason to worry about losing them..

Further, mass claims force interactions and intel gathering and increases the likelihood of a mafia mistep..

"Doctor! Doctor! I feel like a bridge!"

"What's come over you?"

Yeah, so the Dr. can choose to protect himself or the most powerful role, and it's 50/50 he gets killed that night. All the while, everyone else gets picked off one by one.

It's 4:00 PM and as promised, I'm going to have to vote.

Vote: CTM

Not happy about this, but for me, it's the best option right now.

bad vote..

but whaddy ya gonna do

vote:CTM

here's an extra one..

"Doctor! Doctor! I feel like a bridge!"

"What's come over you?"

Archived