TV Land Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
your funny... what makes you so sure im mafia??.. your the one that played this game before so you probably know all the tricks to cover up your evil ways.. im not going to fall for your evil trap you Mafia Scum!!!

LOL. I've never played before either, dude.

I still think CTM is a Mafia though.

The sun rises slowly over the hillside, revealing picture perfect views of the town. And, in its center, Dr. Quincy shakes his head sadly as he draws the sheet over the corpse of Maxwell Smart.

windowslivewriterbusinessideastohelpyourmagazine-b841maxwell-smart2.jpg

"He was a good man. A bit clumsy, but did he deserve this?" He waves his hand vaguely at the body - what's left of it. Smart was beaten savagely, as though the remaining mafioso were taking all of their anger at the loss of one of their own out on the poor "secret" agent. There was scarcely an inch of him not covered in bruises. But that wasn't what made Dr. Quincy thankful that he hadn't thrown up. It was the fact that they'd apparently sliced the top of Max's head off and played with his brains. And that it had clearly been done while he was alive.

NIGHT 1 is over. JVoR is dead. With 14 players alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.

1) JVoR - beaten and scalped, night 1

2) EY

3) Bleedin Green

4) Lil Mick

5) Irish

6) Uart

7) JiF

8) War Ensemble

9) Vicious

10) Rutgers

11) WoodyPaige

12)Thor 99

13) CTM

14) Jet Things

15) Norway - random lynched Day 1

16) Double Down

Probably protecting themselves. If that's the case then it's likely that Thor and RJF were doctors after all.

I don't know at that, but I'm more inclined to believe that Thor is a/the doctor because he had a bunch of lynch votes against him - more likely to protect himself, whereas RJF didn't have any votes - would have thought he was safe if he was the doctor and protected JVoR. We're still looking good considering we know one scum is dead. Let's all thank Mrs. Doggin for picking #15.

Seriously, that is a very strange vote for many reason

Why on earth did our Doctors or power roles that have the ability to save a player not save him with after his reveal. I mean, I was feeling like JVoR was scummy until he revealed. But we had no a random vote which means most everyone doesnt know what the F is going on, anyone that was claiming role especially pro-town should have been saved.

And why did the mafia vote him? It was risky because he was most likely to be saved. And it was stupid because he was the obvious next in line. The mafia could have easily jumped on the JVoR bandwagon and got him lynched.

Vicious, what happened to Thor???

Why CTM all of a sudden?

Who wants to look back through who voted for JVOF? That could provide signs of potential mafia...

JVoR (8) - Rutgers, Thor, JiF, BG, LilMick, CTM, War Ensemble, EY

Last list before he revealed.

For the record, and Im not saying this to save myself because I have nothing to be worreid about, but that is pretty ****ty logic because obviously none of us have a clue what is going on.

Thanks to Doggin's wife, we got a lucky random lynching for day one and the mafia killed a detective with the first NK...which was risky pick for the reason I stated before.

For the record, and Im not saying this to save myself because I have nothing to be worreid about, but that is pretty ****ty logic because obviously none of us have a clue what is going on.

Thanks to Doggin's wife, we got a lucky random lynching for day one and the mafia killed a detective with the first NK...which was risky pick for the reason I stated before.

I'm not using that logic. Just helping out.

There is so many strange things going on here I honestly don't know where to begin. For starters, we suspected to have as many as two doctor's and yet the guy who should've been the most logical choice for them to protect gets killed? If there really were two, don't you think at least ONE of them would've protected JVoR? That just seems so strange to me.

The second thing that seems strange is the fact that the mafia still went after JVoR knowing he was likely to be protected. More often than not, the mafia will try to go with a sure thing for their nightkill. Granted killing an investigator is better than killing a regular townie, but the odds of getting some regular nobody were a hell of a lot better. So the question is, what made the mafia so confident they could get to JVoR? Do they have info we don't have regarding doctors? Or maybe RJF or Thor did try to protect JVoR but it turns out there's a mafia role blocker in the game who blocked the protection?

Another item is in the death scene, there was a reference to Dr. Quincy. Now is this a character that one of us actually is in the game? If so, we know there is NO chance of there actually being 3 doctors in this game which brings the other players into question.

Also, anyone feel like providing some insight onto their early day votes on CTM? I'm not saying I necessarily disagree with it, but I'm curious as to what people's reasoning for it is. I feel like I need to go back and do some reviewing before settling on a vote so any insight others have I think would be great for all of us.

There is so many strange things going on here I honestly don't know where to begin. For starters, we suspected to have as many as two doctor's and yet the guy who should've been the most logical choice for them to protect gets killed? If there really were two, don't you think at least ONE of them would've protected JVoR? That just seems so strange to me.

The second thing that seems strange is the fact that the mafia still went after JVoR knowing he was likely to be protected. More often than not, the mafia will try to go with a sure thing for their nightkill. Granted killing an investigator is better than killing a regular townie, but the odds of getting some regular nobody were a hell of a lot better. So the question is, what made the mafia so confident they could get to JVoR? Do they have info we don't have regarding doctors? Or maybe RJF or Thor did try to protect JVoR but it turns out there's a mafia role blocker in the game who blocked the protection?

Another item is in the death scene, there was a reference to Dr. Quincy. Now is this a character that one of us actually is in the game? If so, we know there is NO chance of there actually being 3 doctors in this game which brings the other players into question.

Also, anyone feel like providing some insight onto their early day votes on CTM? I'm not saying I necessarily disagree with it, but I'm curious as to what people's reasoning for it is. I feel like I need to go back and do some reviewing before settling on a vote so any insight others have I think would be great for all of us.

Trying to gauge other people's feelings on the state of things. One of the people who went after JVoR the hardest was CTM. Then he dropped off after the n00b factor. Hard to tell and Vicious isn't sure as to what the rest of the town is feeling.

I suppose so. I don't know what else to go on though.

Looking at who voted for Jvor under the assumption that only scum would vote for the cop makes no sense, nobody, town or scum knew he was the cop until he revealed. If anything the mere fact that he voiced a willingness to self vote chould've indicated that he didn't have a power role..

Much more interesting is the interaction that our confirmed mafia had with other players:

Vicious, WoodyPaige, Norway

all voted for Thor within 4 minutes of one another AND Norway was voting Vicious from teh get go which is typical distancing..

also, Uart was voting Norway for no reason much of the early game while Noway pointed out Uart's lack of activity... could be more distancing .. looking into Uart/Vicious wouldn't be a bad idea..

Now we have vicious and uart both voting me, the same person who rattled both of their cages in the night phase.. If they are mafia, they are making it too easy..

btw, where the fudge was the doctor on that one. If it's anyone other then RJF/Thor they screwed up bad on here..

The people I'd like to see poked and prodded here:

Woody - "only" comment, maybe bandwagon'd with norway

Vicious - bandwagoned with Norway, potential distancing with Norway

Uart - Potential distancing with Norway, admits to scratch and sniff with his own anus

War Ensemble - strange post edit which could've been feigning a day role

And Vicious, I'd love to know why Vicious is voting for me now..

Why do men find it difficult to make eye contact?

Breasts don't have eyes

Looking at who voted for Jvor under the assumption that only scum would vote for the cop makes no sense, nobody, town or scum knew he was the cop until he revealed. If anything the mere fact that he voiced a willingness to self vote chould've indicated that he didn't have a power role..

Much more interesting is the interaction that our confirmed mafia had with other players:

Now we have vicious and uart both voting me, the same person who rattled both of their cages in the night phase.. If they are mafia, they are making it too easy..

btw, where the fudge was the doctor on that one. If it's anyone other then RJF/Thor they screwed up bad on here..

The people I'd like to see poked and prodded here:

Woody - "only" comment, maybe bandwagon'd with norway

Vicious - bandwagoned with Norway, potential distancing with Norway

Uart - Potential distancing with Norway, admits to scratch and sniff with his own anus

War Ensemble - strange post edit which could've been feigning a day role

And Vicious, I'd love to know why Vicious is voting for me now..

Why do men find it difficult to make eye contact?

Breasts don't have eyes

FWIW Vicious distanced himself from JVoR, truly believing he was a n00b quite a while ago.

Vicious is voting for you because no one started and rode the JVoR bandwagon as hard as you did only to jump off at the end. This says to Vicious you probably did think he was innocent only to lynch him in the first night phase after his role reveal.

Also our first lynched person.. who's head did they call for if they were to be lynched? Calling someone out publicly and being RIGHT about it would certainly draw the anger of the Mafia.

Also, Doggin.

I'm wondering about a rule. If there is a serial killer in a game and mafia and serial killer both vote to kill the same person, does that override one doctors protection?

Not in any game I've modded. Doctor's protection saves from all kills unless the killer's role specifies that the kill is unblockable

Who wants to look back through who voted for JVOF? That could provide signs of potential mafia...

Mafia knew that JVOR and Thor were innocent. Unfortunately, that means they can be resting peacefully on either and surely spread themselves out a bit to assuage suspicion.

Mafia knew that JVOR and Thor were innocent. Unfortunately, that means they can be resting peacefully on either and surely spread themselves out a bit to assuage suspicion.

You actually have to assume exactly that, especially considering the fact that both players came within striking distance of lynch but neither hit it. If the entire mafia was willing to pile on one or the other, they surely could've gotten a day one lynch vote. But part of why that never came to fruition is very likely that they wanted to keep themselves spread out in order to keep from being too easily tied together. We're going to have to look deeper than just "who voted for _______" in order to peg down the specifics on who is mafia. The quickly timed pile on that was pointed out earlier is certainly a good example of a place to start.

Yeah, I guess it would be incredibly short-sighted for the mafia to gang up on one person either way. I guess my suggestion wasn't the greatest out there. LOL

You actually have to assume exactly that, especially considering the fact that both players came within striking distance of lynch but neither hit it. If the entire mafia was willing to pile on one or the other, they surely could've gotten a day one lynch vote. But part of why that never came to fruition is very likely that they wanted to keep themselves spread out in order to keep from being too easily tied together. We're going to have to look deeper than just "who voted for _______" in order to peg down the specifics on who is mafia. The quickly timed pile on that was pointed out earlier is certainly a good example of a place to start.

That could be a better thing to look at. The random lynch hurt our chances at finding who the mafia is big time, though. Even if we got a great random lynch. I'm not one to look back over voter tendencies, but I see how bandwagoning could be a mafia thing. That would probably be more accurate than my original strategy, but it shouldn't be the be-all end-all.

JVoR (8) - Rutgers, Thor, JiF, BG, LilMick, CTM, War Ensemble, EY

Last list before he revealed.

thats pretty funny right there..lol

But Wow JVoR was a tonwie he was making his self seem like scum the whole time.. i knew i should of kept my vote for War Ens even tho no one had my back..

Archived