TV Land Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

What's up with Doggin voting? Someone said he might have the ability to put the final vote on someone, but why didn't he do it on Day 1 when JVOR had 8 votes and needed only 1 more?

I'm looking into it. Right now it looks like a mafia guy would do it, knowing that final vote will take down an innocent. Without any hard evidence against CTM other than suspicion, there's no reason for a townie to rush the lynch.

According to wikipedia:

"For instance, the "Mayor" or "Sheriff" can be elected each morning, and gain two lynching votes. Some players have 2 votes (Doublevoter); some players can only "hammer" vote, or vote the final vote to kill a player (Actor); cannot place the final vote (Priest); cannot vote to lynch (Voteless Innocent)[47]; or require one fewer vote to lynch (Hated Innocent). "

Maybe the mafia has someone with two lynching votes? I sure as hell know that I wasn't electing any mayor. The bolded are a few other potential ones. I think we have an Actor among us, though.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm looking into it. Right now it looks like a mafia guy would do it, knowing that final vote will take down an innocent. Without any hard evidence against CTM other than suspicion, there's no reason for a townie to rush the lynch.

According to wikipedia:

"For instance, the "Mayor" or "Sheriff" can be elected each morning, and gain two lynching votes. Some players have 2 votes (Doublevoter); some players can only "hammer" vote, or vote the final vote to kill a player (Actor); cannot place the final vote (Priest); cannot vote to lynch (Voteless Innocent)[47]; or require one fewer vote to lynch (Hated Innocent). "

Maybe the mafia has someone with two lynching votes? I sure as hell know that I wasn't electing any mayor. The bolded are a few other potential ones. I think we have an Actor among us, though.

If this is the case, then one of the CTM voters is a doublevoter. It has to be someone who did NOT vote for JVOR. This person would most likely be a townie.

If this is the case, then one of the CTM voters is a doublevoter. It has to be someone who did NOT vote for JVOR. This person would most likely be a townie.

How can you be so certain? Once JVoR had 8 votes, he immediately announced that he was an investigator. If someone was to double-vote right there, that list would be a bulls-eye for potential mafia. They had to back off after that point or it would've been obvious.

Not to mention the mafia would probably have split their votes out between JVoR and Thor (I think it was Thor?) so as not to make it obvious. Seeing as his double-vote wouldn't have helped in nabbing Thor as Thor never got to the final vote, he could very well be a mafia too. I don't know what to make of it, but I don't understand why a townie would be so willing to rush a lynch with a few hours left to analyze posts and everything.

or require one fewer vote to lynch (Hated Innocent). "

I think that's the answer right there. That's why CTM was insisting he was dead before the 8th vote for him. He was the Hated Innocent. He filed the final vote against himself at 7 votes, and he knew it.

Good find War Ensemble. I was badly off on my assessment of CTM. It's very tough not to be suspicious of guys like him and EY who have played this game many times and KNOW exactly how to play it. That being said, I shouldn't have jumped on the bandwagon simply because he had more votes. I'm not doing that anymore.

WP and EY are two guys who get the FOS from me right now.

Good find War Ensemble. I was badly off on my assessment of CTM. It's very tough not to be suspicious of guys like him and EY who have played this game many times and KNOW exactly how to play it. That being said, I shouldn't have jumped on the bandwagon simply because he had more votes. I'm not doing that anymore.

WP and EY are two guys who get the FOS from me right now.

You're not the only one. Vicious is ridiculously pissed at himself for this. Seems CTM and Vicious had each other pegged and were both wrong. Vicious is going to have to go on with the idea of lack of activity. For now FOS will be WP. Epic confusion.

Now that I've resolved it... lets move on...

EY, Rutgers, Jet Things and WP seem the most interesting to me right now...

2) EY: CTM

3) Bleedin Green: Vicious

4) Lil Mick: CTM

5) Irish: CTM

6) Uart: CTM

7) JiF: Vicious

8) War Ensemble: CTM

9) Vicious: CTM

10) Rutgers: DID NOT VOTE

11) WoodyPaige: DID NOT VOTE

12)Thor 99: LilMick

14) Jet Things: DID NOT VOTE

16) Double Down: WP

Why did those three not vote? Why did EY vote for JVoR and then jump onto the CTM bandwagon?

CTM being killed IMO is disastrous for the town. Like him or not he's a very valuable member, especially in this game where he was doing a lot of the towns work and basically dictating the thread and accusations. This gets me very suspicious of those who jumped on the bandwagon LATE knowing this was there chance to get him out of the picture. Getting rid of CTM is very valuable for the Mafia IMO and I'm convinced more than one of them would have voted for him.

You're not the only one. Vicious is ridiculously pissed at himself for this. Seems CTM and Vicious had each other pegged and were both wrong. Vicious is going to have to go on with the idea of lack of activity. For now FOS will be WP. Epic confusion.

Don't think you're off the hook... I don't believe anyone who says anything.

Now that I've resolved it... lets move on...

EY, Rutgers, Jet Things and WP seem the most interesting to me right now...

2) EY: CTM

3) Bleedin Green: Vicious

4) Lil Mick: CTM

5) Irish: CTM

6) Uart: CTM

7) JiF: Vicious

8) War Ensemble: CTM

9) Vicious: CTM

10) Rutgers: DID NOT VOTE

11) WoodyPaige: DID NOT VOTE

12)Thor 99: LilMick

14) Jet Things: DID NOT VOTE

16) Double Down: WP

Why did those three not vote? Why did EY vote for JVoR and then jump onto the CTM bandwagon?

Dammit i knew i should Kept my vote on Vis.. but what hell is up with the guy that dont vote thats pretty ghey how they can just disappear... maybe like out of site out of mind tactics?? i wish i had some sort of power in this game im basically a wafer... BIG FOS on WP,JT,Rutgers and Vicious

CTM being killed IMO is disastrous for the town. Like him or not he's a very valuable member, especially in this game where he was doing a lot of the towns work and basically dictating the thread and accusations. This gets me very suspicious of those who jumped on the bandwagon LATE knowing this was there chance to get him out of the picture. Getting rid of CTM is very valuable for the Mafia IMO and I'm convinced more than one of them would have voted for him.

He's a roleless innocent. He's a smart player, but it's bound to happen.

No reason to harp on it. It will be interesting to see who's around in the morning.

And for the record, it does not do the town any good to talk about who you think should be killed next during the night phase.

EY explained exactly why he 'jumped on the bandwagon'. He didn't want to leave it to chance, and no one seemed ready to follow him to JiF or WP, at least not enough to vote, so he had a choice between 2 player, or let a random die. He made his choice, and it was wrong. He also thinks now that all 3 choices would have been the wrong one.

Oh, and you've been driving the CTM bandwagon from day one, don't you have something to answer for?

EY explained exactly why he 'jumped on the bandwagon'. He didn't want to leave it to chance, and no one seemed ready to follow him to JiF or WP, at least not enough to vote, so he had a choice between 2 player, or let a random die. He made his choice, and it was wrong. He also thinks now that all 3 choices would have been the wrong one.

Oh, and you've been driving the CTM bandwagon from day one, don't you have something to answer for?

What's with this post, did you catch the Vicious disease? You need to be more careful who you share your bed with.

Dammit i knew i should Kept my vote on Vis.. but what hell is up with the guy that dont vote thats pretty ghey how they can just disappear... maybe like out of site out of mind tactics?? i wish i had some sort of power in this game im basically a wafer... BIG FOS on WP,JT,Rutgers and Vicious

How many friggin times do I have to tell everyone that I'm on the road a lot for work and don't always have access to a computer?

How can you be so certain? Once JVoR had 8 votes, he immediately announced that he was an investigator. If someone was to double-vote right there, that list would be a bulls-eye for potential mafia. They had to back off after that point or it would've been obvious.

That's exactly the point.

If we assume that one of CTM's voters has a double vote, then you can reasonably conclude that this same double voter was not a part of the vote for JVOR. If the double voter had voted for JVOR, then Doggin would have put his killing vote in when 8 votes were reached.

So my belief right now is that we have a double voter who voted for CTM, but did not vote for JVOR. Here is the breakdown of the vote:

JVoR (8) - Rutgers, Thor, JiF, BG, LilMick, CTM, War Ensemble, EY

CTM (8) - Uart, Vicious, Irish, War Ensemble, LilMick, EY, CTM, Doggin

Potential double voters: Uart, Vicious, Irish

Just to add to my previous post, being a double voter does not necessarily mean you are mafia or innocent.

Also, there may not be a double voter although that's the way it is pointing right now. Maybe Doggin can put the final nail in the coffin of someone who votes for himself?

That's exactly the point.

If we assume that one of CTM's voters has a double vote, then you can reasonably conclude that this same double voter was not a part of the vote for JVOR. If the double voter had voted for JVOR, then Doggin would have put his killing vote in when 8 votes were reached.

So my belief right now is that we have a double voter who voted for CTM, but did not vote for JVOR. Here is the breakdown of the vote:

JVoR (8) - Rutgers, Thor, JiF, BG, LilMick, CTM, War Ensemble, EY

CTM (8) - Uart, Vicious, Irish, War Ensemble, LilMick, EY, CTM, Doggin

Potential double voters: Uart, Vicious, Irish

CTM seemed to be well aware of the fact that he was already dead with only 8 votes on him. He repeatedly made comments in regards to that once he put the 8th vote on himself. My guess is he fell into the category of the "hated townie" and was made aware of that fact, so knew the vote he put in for himself would be the killing vote.

CTM seemed to be well aware of the fact that he was already dead with only 8 votes on him. He repeatedly made comments in regards to that once he put the 8th vote on himself. My guess is he fell into the category of the "hated townie" and was made aware of that fact, so knew the vote he put in for himself would be the killing vote.

He knew it was going to happen because everyone was bandwagoning that way. But that doesn't mean that he knew of a double voter or Doggin being able to vote him off if he voted for himself.

dead dead dead..

kill me kill me kill me

I'm already dead..

I'm dead already.. trust me, and I'm innocent..

check the post above yours..;)

bad vote..

but whaddy ya gonna do

vote:CTM

here's an extra one..

Just to clarify, based on these posts:

CTM was definitely a hated townie, and he knew it. He needed one less vote to get lynched, so once he got 6 votes he put the final nail in the coffin with his self-vote (8-1, 7 is what was needed). After that he was dead and just waiting for Doggin to announce it.

For all we know, there could or could not be a double-voter. So far, however, it doesn't seem likely. If there is, it's not mafia or they would've put the final vote on JVoR after finding out he's an investigator and before giving others time to unvote him. That way they wouldn't be a mafia bullseye and still got the guy they wanted during the day.

What was the point though?

It's not like his death helped... He had nothing to prove...

CTM just quit.

How can you say it's not likely?

Bottom line...only 7 people voted for CTM, and he ended up getting lynched with 8.

I think it's fairly obvious that CTM was a hated townie, and thus needed only 7 votes to get lynched. It's not likely to be a mafia because they would've used it against JVoR. There's no evidence to point towards a townie with two votes, either.

The mod is not in the game, and cannot vote for players. All will be revealed in the wrap-up, but I can tell you that there are enough clues in-thread to figure out what happened

This confirms it. What "clues" could there possibly be for a double voter?

War Ensembles post highlighted it. CTM was dead at 7 votes.

Unreal.

There is no reason not to believe that was a mafia led witch hunt for an strong innocent player.

• Alignment roles - "Miller", "Godfather", "Alpha Wolf", "Master Werewolf", etc.

Some roles can fool investigations to determine their alignments: the Miller is an Innocent who appears guilty (usually because they are an outsider); the Godfather, on the other hand, appears innocent despite being the Mafia leader.[29] The "Alpha Wolf" or "Master Werewolf" have the same role as the Godfather in Werewolf settingsI just wanted to post this because I find it ironic that the Miler and the Godfather are couple together in this wiki description.

Does that mean anything?

Unreal.

There is no reason not to believe that was a mafia led witch hunt for an strong innocent player.

• Alignment roles - "Miller", "Godfather", "Alpha Wolf", "Master Werewolf", etc.

Some roles can fool investigations to determine their alignments: the Miller is an Innocent who appears guilty (usually because they are an outsider); the Godfather, on the other hand, appears innocent despite being the Mafia leader.[29] The "Alpha Wolf" or "Master Werewolf" have the same role as the Godfather in Werewolf settingsI just wanted to post this because I find it ironic that the Miler and the Godfather are couple together in this wiki description.

Does that mean anything?

They're coupled together because they essentially have the same role, although for opposing sides. Investigators see the miller as guilty while he's really innocent, and the godfather is seen as innocent when he's really guilty. I don't think there's anything deeper to it.

Archived