Make Kurt Warner an offer he can't refuse.

neckdemon

young and mobile is great. know where we can get a good young, mobile quarterback? it's easy to say...hey let's get a young mobile quarterback. they don't grow on trees. so tell me where we can get one? or are you in line for the c*ckmeat sandwich also?

This coming from a guy who thinks Kurt Warner the turnover monster is the answer to our problems? Please. He will fail just like Brett failed. It doesnt work, have we learned nothing from this past year? When are we gonna stop with the sloppy seconds?

Kurt Warner won't be a JET and thank God for that. We have two young, marginally mobile QBs on our roster, we should use them.

This coming from a guy who thinks Kurt Warner the turnover monster is the answer to our problems? Please. He will fail just like Brett failed. It doesnt work, have we learned nothing from this past year? When are we gonna stop with the sloppy seconds?

Kurt Warner won't be a JET and thank God for that. We have two young, marginally mobile QBs on our roster, we should use them.

okay so you don't like my plan, so along with the criticsim why don't you tell us all what the jets should do about the fact that we likely don't have a legitimate qb on our roster at all? oic, you want to go into the seaosn with ratliff/clemens and ainge and pray to God one of them doesn't suck too badly? great plan. i can't wait for the season with that one! better start looking at 2010's draft class since we'll be talking about the draft by week 6 with this plan.

It gives us a hof veteran who is obviously still performing at a high level. 2/25....should do it. then we could draft a receiver number 1 and go defense with the rest. ratliff/clemens/ainge can learn under him and if it doesn't look like they are going to cut the mustard, we draft a qb next year or acquire a young guy to learn the ropes for a year under warner. this also appeases the win-now crowd as warner has the ability to take a team to the promised land. if one of our young guys is looking good then we can grab ourselves a rb next year and be set for a while. plus warner is all class and an easy guy to root for.

Put down the Madden controller dude. :rolleyes:

No.

Go after Byron Leftwich in Free Agency or make a deal for Donovan McNabb, Marc Bulger or Derek Anderson.

THAT is the way to go if you say "no" to Clemens or Ratliff.

If Leftwich has his head on right and wants to play then I think he'll be a good fill in until we can get a franchise QB. I'd have to say no on McNabb he'll want as much money as Farve did and will only be here for one year. I wouldn't mind having Bulger or Anderson of course depending on what we'd have to give up to get them. Both would be a good vet and give Rat and KC someone to go against.

And why would Warner come here when he could stay with the Cards?

If Leftwich has his head on right and wants to play then I think he'll be a good fill in until we can get a franchise QB. I'd have to say no on McNabb he'll want as much money as Farve did and will only be here for one year. I wouldn't mind having Bulger or Anderson of course depending on what we'd have to give up to get them. Both would be a good vet and give Rat and KC someone to go against.

And why would Warner come here when he could stay with the Cards?

first of all leftwuch sucks. why would you want to see the jets waste their time with that scrub? bulger would be the best of the 3 you mentioned.....anderson is an enigma, but we already have 3 of those. anyway warner wa sjuts reported yesterday as saying he's open to the jets. he's the best available qb this offseason.......he would make a great win now stop-gap without compromising the future. but whatever.

Well, I'm gonna have to say it's probably best to pass on Kurt. We can't continue to do the same thing over and over and expect different results. I think we should be looking for our franchise QB. I thought we shoulda been doing that all along this idiotic Favre experiment. We need to develop a QB that will be here for 6 to 10 solid years. By this I'm not saying that it would not work for certain with Warner but the odds are really against it.

Archived