Make Kurt Warner an offer he can't refuse.

neckdemon

It gives us a hof veteran who is obviously still performing at a high level. 2/25....should do it. then we could draft a receiver number 1 and go defense with the rest. ratliff/clemens/ainge can learn under him and if it doesn't look like they are going to cut the mustard, we draft a qb next year or acquire a young guy to learn the ropes for a year under warner. this also appeases the win-now crowd as warner has the ability to take a team to the promised land. if one of our young guys is looking good then we can grab ourselves a rb next year and be set for a while. plus warner is all class and an easy guy to root for.

It gives us a hof veteran who is obviously still performing at a high level. 2/25....should do it. then we could draft a receiver number 1 and go defense with the rest. ratliff/clemens/ainge can learn under him and if it doesn't look like they are going to cut the mustard, we draft a qb next year or acquire a young guy to learn the ropes for a year under warner. this also appeases the win-now crowd as warner has the ability to take a team to the promised land. if one of our young guys is looking good then we can grab ourselves a rb next year and be set for a while. plus warner is all class and an easy guy to root for.

dump

oh ok.....here's the better idea right? let's go into the seaosn with 3 likely career back-ups and let them fight it out for who will suck least when the games start? another miserable jets season....i can't wait.

It's not that, Kurt Warner won't play half as good as he played last year. Don't forget who Warner was throwing too.

I love Kurt Warner but NO. The Cards #3 and #4 wideouts are better than our #1 and #2.

btw...under this scenario we acquire a #1 receiver. and, btw our running game is head and shoulders above the cards. warner did all that with teams knowing he was throwing. our o-line will give him the time and getting a #1 receiver here will give warner all the weapons we need.

btw...under this scenario we acquire a #1 receiver. and, btw our running game is head and shoulders above the cards. warner did all that with teams knowing he was throwing. our o-line will give him the time and getting a #1 receiver here will give warner all the weapons we need.

I don't know but Coles and Cotchery are not teams defenseive players fear.

It's not that, Kurt Warner won't play half as good as he played last year. Don't forget who Warner was throwing too.

we could get warner and a guy like antonio bryant and with our running game and leon....warner would be just fine. actually he'd be great. and our defense should be much improved......there's no way in hell i want to see this team go into the season with ratliff/clemens/ainge battling it out for the qb position. it pretty much guarantees the jets finishing last in the afc east with no viable qb option for the next year either.

If arizona started me at qb I'd be able to

throw for at least 10 tds during the year,

just because I would know the general

area Larry Fitz is in.

If the Jets started me at qb I'd throw for

2. Both against the Pats because Cotch

would come up with an amazing play.

Thats a true story btw.

we could get warner and a guy like antonio bryant and with our running game and leon....warner would be just fine. actually he'd be great. and our defense should be much improved......there's no way in hell i want to see this team go into the season with ratliff/clemens/ainge battling it out for the qb position. it pretty much guarantees the jets finishing last in the afc east with no viable qb option for the next year either.

I agree with you man, Erik Ainge? Seriously? Haha I feel you but I rather draft a QB like Sanchez and a wideout. On the otherside, I rather just get a good CB and maybe a Bart Scott. We'll pay Warner an absolute ton.

we saw Kurt Warner in NY once and it wasn't pretty

Warner for the record has said he wants to finish his career in AZ... and i think that's probably best for everyone...

ok.....but money changes everything. you could make him the offer at least. we saw clemens in ny briefly too......not pretty. our other 2 choices aren't looking too great either. but i forgot, people are lining up for ratliff's c*ckmeat sandwich cause he made few completions to a wide open receiver in preseason.

The Jets don't have the cap space to pull this off. Warner would cost a fortune for 1 year, and to bring in a #1 reciever (Boldin being the only viable option) would cost too much money, not to mention losing draft picks. To get Boldin you'll have to give up a 1st and maybe even your 2nd, leaving the Jets with no picks in the first 3 rounds. They can't do that.

The Jets should've stuck with Chad, they'd be in better shape right now.

The Jets don't have the cap space to pull this off. Warner would cost a fortune for 1 year, and to bring in a #1 reciever (Boldin being the only viable option) would cost too much money, not to mention losing draft picks. To get Boldin you'll have to give up a 1st and maybe even your 2nd, leaving the Jets with no picks in the first 3 rounds. They can't do that.

I agree.

This is not a bad idea. Warner is still a great passer. I would not be excited about bringing in any other available vet (Garcia, etc). The problem is, I can't see him not returning to the Cardinals.

Maybe we can get GOD to put in a good word for the Jets.

antonio bryant is a #1 type and would come cheaper. btw, until we know the jets exact cap number you don't know how much they'll have to spend. chad guarantees that your team will not get to a superbowl ever. only perfect circumstances and an insanely dominany defense will get penny to the big dance......best thing favre did was get chad and fat boy out of ny.

Nah. With the defense that we should have with Ryan, I'd rather Chad stay with the Phins and resume the Jets winning streak against them. Nothing like have two guaranteed wins in your division.

The difference between Favre and Chad.

Even when Favre sucked, I always thought we had a chance.

Even when Chad was great, I always thought we would lose.

The difference between Favre and Chad.

Even when Favre sucked, I always thought we had a chance.

Even when Chad was great, I always thought we would lose.

the fins fans will learn this soon enough. God i hope this doen't turn into another chad thread. the fu*king guy is like that damn cat .......always coming the freak back.

How the H would you know about our cap space ? Trolls :roll:

No more old QB's dammit. We never win with them. Think young and mobile.

Lest we forget, regardless of the Superbowl appearance, Warner is a turnover machine.

young and mobile is great. know where we can get a good young, mobile quarterback? it's easy to say...hey let's get a young mobile quarterback. they don't grow on trees. so tell me where we can get one? or are you in line for the c*ckmeat sandwich also?

Archived