Kellen Clemens should start in '09

GangGreen08

Everyone is talking about Kerry Collins and Byron Leftwich coming to the Jets via Free Agency when we have 2 solid QB's on our roster and i think a potential pro bowler (if he gets the chance in Kellen clemens. He has already shown that he can be a playmake with his arm as well as his feet. He threw 5 td's and threw for 1,529 yards playing in 10 games on the '06-'07 season. He has great arm strength to cut throught the swirling winds at the meadowlands. Kerry Collins is a solid starter but we dont need another 1 and done QB. if Rex and Schotty give Kellen a shot i think we can potentially win 10-11 games next year. And if tannenbaum grows a sack and gets a playmaker on offense thenthere is no teling what we could do.

Everyone is talking about Kerry Collins and Byron Leftwich coming to the Jets via Free Agency when we have 2 solid QB's on our roster and i think a potential pro bowler (if he gets the chance in Kellen clemens. He has already shown that he can be a playmake with his arm as well as his feet. He threw 5 td's and threw for 1,529 yards playing in 10 games on the '06-'07 season. He has great arm strength to cut throught the swirling winds at the meadowlands. Kerry Collins is a solid starter but we dont need another 1 and done QB. if Rex and Schotty give Kellen a shot i think we can potentially win 10-11 games next year. And if tannenbaum grows a sack and gets a playmaker on offense thenthere is no teling what we could do.

yeah the guy was great. :rolleyes:. he threw 5 td's to 10 interceptions. an incredible 52% completion percentage. a 6.1 y/a and a stellar 60.9 rating. sadly, brooks bollinger had a better showing than this. and you see a potnetial pro-bowler? all i see are 2 qb's who will likely suck.

The least we can do is give him a shot behind a decent offensive line. Not to mention 10 games under his belt can only help the guy.

Either way, I believe no FA we bring in will win the training camp battle over Clemens/Ratliff/Ainge.

The only way I see a QB beating out those three is if we take a QB in the draft.

I don't disagree that we should not be wasting our time with any of the QB's in free agency this year.......... but wtf are you talking about. 2 Solid QB's on our roster? who are they?......... and a potential Pro Bowler? get off the drugs. We saw Clemens play 10 games behind a **** line that I think would have doomed any young QB. I said all last year I'd rather give him a shot then waist a year and picks on Favre, but as of right now he's more likely going to be a bust then a Pro Bowler. As for Ratliff, call me crazy but I think I'm going to wait to book my trip to Canton till after he takes a snap in an NFL game, despite what I've been reading on these boards.

The least we can do is give him a shot behind a decent offensive line. Not to mention 10 games under his belt can only help the guy.

Either way, I believe no FA we bring in will win the training camp battle over Clemens/Ratliff/Ainge.

The only way I see a QB beating out those three is if we take a QB in the draft.

yeah ur right....no one's got a shot at beating out these studs we have. we should trade one of these guy for a 1st round pick. no point in wasting this much talent on our bench when we could get a high 1st rond pick for one of them and draft a real need.

yeah ur right....no one's got a shot at beating out these studs we have. we should trade one of these guy for a 1st round pick. no point in wasting this much talent on our bench when we could get a high 1st rond pick for one of them and draft a real need.

Who said anything about them being studs? Thank you so much for putting words in my mouth.

But I'm sorry I don't see a Leftwich coming in here and beating out guys who at least know the offense when he couldn't even beat out the guys on his own team.

yeah the guy was great. :rolleyes:. he threw 5 td's to 10 interceptions. an incredible 52% completion percentage. a 6.1 y/a and a stellar 60.9 rating. sadly, brooks bollinger had a better showing than this. and you see a potnetial pro-bowler? all i see are 2 qb's who will likely suck.

Yeah, in his first try as a starter. You could blow a first round pick on a QB and get that same production. It's either that or overspend on a journeyman FA.

Kellen Clemens went 3-5, really 3-4, on a **** team with a patchwork Offensive Line. He was running for his life more than half the times he went back to pass. He had zero running game. Brad Smith was a starting receiver for half of his starts since Laveranues Coles didn't play in or only played in one series in 5 of his games. The same team that went 1-7 with 2x Comeback Player Of The Year Award winner and 1 time MVP runner up behind center.

Yeah, he blows. :rl:

Clemens should be and will be the starter. Only morons believe in Brett f'ing Ratliff. I can't wait until he doesn't even make the 2009 Jets, or if he does, as the #3 QB, BEHIND CLEMENS, once again.

I think our best bet may be Leftwich. With that said, Clemens played behind a **** oline, had no run game, and had coles on the sidelines. Hard to say if he's the goods or not. Put anyone in that situation and they will all suck. I really don't feel like waiting around for one of these guys to wake up a champion one morning. By that time, we'll lose guys to retirement.

No, he shouldn't.

Whoever is determined as the best QB on the roster should start. If that happens to be Kellen Clemens, then great. This whole debate is ****ing stupid to me.

No, Clemens should start becuase that is what 124 wants. I don't know why the coaches would want to have a competition. 124 has already made his decision. And anyone who disagrees is a moron. :rolleyes:

If Clemens was our guy, he would have been anointed the starter a long time ago. The team has no confidence in him!

By that logic Brett Ratliff isn't the guy either. He has been on the team only one fewer season than Clemens.

Archived