JETS want to make another splash

jales22

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/real_scouts/

Jets want to make another splash

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Posted By Albert Breer 11:11 PM

Multiple sources are indicating that the New York Jets plan on aggressively hitting the market at midnight tonight.

Ravens safety Jim Leonhard and Steelers guard Chris Kemoeatu are expected to be among their targets.

After a slew of cuts, highlighted by the whacking of receiver Laveranues Coles, have left New York close to $40 million under the salary cap. One player cut today was starting guard Brandon Moore, who could be replaced by Kemoeatu.

Leonhard, of course, has history with Rex Ryan from Baltimore, and Leonhard is expendable in Baltimore, with the expected return from injury of Dawan Landry. Two other members of Ryan's Ravens defense -- Bart Scott and Ray Lewis -- will also be on the market if Baltimore can't work out deals with those players.

The Jets spent big to bring in a haul highlighted by Brett Favre, Calvin Pace, Alan Faneca, Damien Woody and Kris Jenkins last offseason. It's worth noting, too, that they've got an awful lot of premium seating to fill in their new stadium, which is set to open in 2010.

Thank you mike, may you're offseason be as successful as it was last year

hey even though Brett Favre wasn't good enough last year to get us a playoff spot I still loved the move-up until Thanksgiving...At least the Jets were part of the discussion of elite teams before the season started-for a change. I hope we start either Clemens or (my choice) Ratliff instead of signing another 35 year old QB for another stop gap move, which will impede our progress as a team at that position. Not even Kurt Warner...so yea, Joe I too like what Mike T has been doing .

I really hope the Jets don't get Lewis, I have a feeling Scott will resign IMO.

I'm kind of torn on Ray Lewis Rill. One one hand we all know he's almost done and it kind of smack of At water to me but OTOH he knows Ryan's defense and he could be almost like having a coach on the field and free Harris from having to call the signals to a new scheme. I too feel that Bart Scott gets re-signed by Baltimore even though he is my #1 FA hoped for player

I'm kind of torn on Ray Lewis Rill. One one hand we all know he's almost done and it kind of smack of At water to me but OTOH he knows Ryan's defense and he could be almost like having a coach on the field and free Harris from having to call the signals to a new scheme. I too feel that Bart Scott gets re-signed by Baltimore even though he is my #1 FA hoped for player

All these last minute cuts has me really worried the Jets are gonna break the bank for Lewis, I can't question his production on the field, the guy is the real deal and has been for years. I just think he's way too old for the money. I would root for him of course, but I would not agree with the signing.

All these last minute cuts has me really worried the Jets are gonna break the bank for Lewis, I can't question his production on the field, the guy is the real deal and has been for years. I just think he's way too old for the money. I would root for him of course, but I would not agree with the signing.

It's tough. However, if it were to happen, three years is a realistic amount of time. I would prefer Scott, but it would be a pleasure watching Lewis fire the team up before the game and see him lay the wood on the opposing running back 10+ times a game.

He may not be the player he was in '01, but it'd be nice to have someone who scares the other team.

Archived