Ravens offer Lewis $24 over 3 years

BroadwayJoe12

The Ravens have reportedly offered free agent Ray Lewis a three-year, $24 million contract with $17 million guaranteed.

It's a plenty fair offer for the 34-year-old, but Lewis still thinks he's worth more. He wants $10 million a year. Meanwhile, Baltimore has reportedly proposed to give Bart Scott $7 million annually. With the free agency period just minutes away, it appears both are poised to enter the market. Feb. 26 - 11:54 pm et

Source: Profootballtalk.com

Free agency just started, so it seems as though both he and bart scott will entertain offers from other teams.

Edit: I understand Lewis means everything to that team, but I'm surprised that Scott was only getting $7 million a year when lewis was getting offered $8. I know Scott's contract will be a larger overall contract, but it's still interesting. I wouldn't mind a 7.5-8 mill a year for scott.

I hope Lewis does accept this. That'll pretty much mean Scott will be ours.

that IS good news Ghost and I totally agree-if they re-sign Ray then Scott is ours. Hey Tampa Bay is 61 million under the cap-they can sign whoever they want-we have 40 million which is pretty damn good considering where we were a month ago

that IS good news Ghost and I totally agree-if they re-sign Ray then Scott is ours. Hey Tampa Bay is 61 million under the cap-they can sign whoever they want-we have 40 million which is pretty damn good considering where we were a month ago

It is quite the mind***** that we were a $7 or so million over the cap a month ago and now, with the release of some decent players, we have the ability to make instant upgrades.

It's always nice when you can cut the fat and add players who are all upgrades over the players that were released, while being in the same, if not better, cap space that we were a month ago.

It is quite the mind***** that we were a $7 or so million over the cap a month ago and now, with the release of some decent players, we have the ability to make instant upgrades.

It's always nice when you can cut the fat and add players who are all upgrades over the players that were released, while being in the same, if not better, cap space that we were a month ago.

the thing is we never really know if the new guys will be an upgrade or not-but it does make the off-season a lot more interesting for us fans. Hey at least the Jets UNDER Mike T are in the mix for the last few years. Remember all those springs and summers when we would sit at ot our keyboards bitching and moaning about our lack of aggressiveness when it came to available FA's?

Pass on Ray!

That Nnamdi deal has everyone talking crazy money.

CB's are the big money FA's DH...to sign an elite guy like the Raiders kid or an Assante Samuel always costs WAY too much-never let #24 hit the open market or he'll be a 15 million a year man too

You don't want a proven LB in his prime? Very comfortable with our system? And a very good run stopper?

He would be the highest paid defender on the team most likley... or tied with pace and Revis... only second to Faneca...

He would be the highest paid defender on the team most likley... or tied with pace and Revis... only second to Faneca...

That's just the nature of the evolving NFL. A few years ago dwight freeney was the highest paid player ever, than a couple years later Jared Allen was etc. As the cap goes up every year so will the contracts for above average players.

For someone who is familiar with our system, in his prime and excels at our deficiencies, i'd say he's worth the money.

You think Bart Scott should be one of if not the highest paid defenders on this team?

Jenkins will be asking for a new deal the minute Scott signs.

You can't operate a team like that. You can't not sign a player in FA because you're afraid that someone currently on your team is going to be upset. Jenkins got a fair contract and I'm fairly certain he knows the team isn't going to restructure him after only 1 year.

You think Bart Scott should be one of if not the highest paid defenders on this team?

Jenkins will be asking for a new deal the minute Scott signs.

He'll be the most imporant player to our team after Jenkins and Revis (:biggrin:) because the experience and how familiar he is with the defense.

He'll be the most imporant player to our team after Jenkins and Revis (:biggrin:) because the experience and how familiar he is with the defense.

agreed and whoever or WHICHever Ravens LBer we get will free up David Harris to not have to think too much thus making more plays by calling the defensive signals. That duty would surely go to Scott-or Lewis whichever one we (hopefully) get.

agreed and whoever or WHICHever Ravens LBer we get will free up David Harris to not have to think too much thus making more plays by calling the defensive signals. That duty would surely go to Scott-or Lewis whichever one we (hopefully) get.

Agree. I hope whatever we do will help Harris. I remember him having like back-to-back 20 tackle games. I didn't see him doing anything like that this past season.

Agree. I hope whatever we do will help Harris. I remember him having like back-to-back 20 tackle games. I didn't see him doing anything like that this past season.

yea being hurt also hindered his stats last year-getting Harris healthy and making Bart Scott wealthy would be wise

Archived