bonds downplays steroids then says how bad they are

Blackout

Bonds sounds off on cheating, parenting, exploitation

By Pedro Gomez, Special to ESPN.com

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- There are times Barry Bonds, without provocation, opens the window to his soul and allows a visitor a rare glimpse into what makes baseball's most dangerous player tick.

For whatever reason, Bonds was in one of those moods Thursday at Scottsdale Stadium, the spring training home of his club of 13 years, the San Francisco Giants.

The only bigger black eye on the face of MLB than steroids is the annual Yankee payroll.

Legitimate steroid testing + a salary cap = the only solution for restoring some credibility

this coming from a fan of the team with the 130 million dollar payroll? :lol:

what do you want the cap to be set at? 130? :lol:

If I can't go out there and somebody pays $60 for a ticket, and I'm not in the lineup, who's getting cheated? Not me. There are far worse things like cocaine, heroin and those types of things.

Really, Barry?

Does that explain why you decided to take a day off whenever I went to see your despicable ass play the Blue Jays last June?

Practice what you preach, moron.

this coming from a fan of the team with the 130 million dollar payroll? :lol:

what do you want the cap to be set at? 130? :lol:

Actually, the lack of a salary cap has helped the average Yankee hater. If not for george's unrelenting appetite to buy up the stars of everyone elses teams...he might still have the core of the winning Yankee teams in pinstripes instead of the likes of A-hole, Juicin' Jason, Cancer Sheffield, and Missina. None of whom has won anything as a Yankee.

Still, a salary cap would be beneficial to every team not named the Yankees and the Red Sox. I guess you can thrown the Met-a-mucils in there too, though once again they are a distant afterthought

Actually, the lack of a salary cap has helped the average Yankee hater. If not for george's unrelenting appetite to buy up the stars of everyone elses teams...he might still have the core of the winning Yankee teams in pinstripes instead of the likes of A-hole, Juicin' Jason, Cancer Sheffield, and Missina. None of whom has won anything as a Yankee.

Still, a salary cap would be beneficial to every team not named the Yankees and the Red Sox. I guess you can thrown the Met-a-mucils in there too, though once again they are a distant afterthought

Your team is just as guilty of ridiculous spending as the Yankees. Regardless of the separation of payroll between the two of them.

Your team is just as guilty of ridiculous spending as the Yankees. Regardless of the separation of payroll between the two of them.[/quote

I'd hate to put words into your mouth because I think at a much higher level...

but how exactly is the Sox annual payroll as bad as the Yanks? One if less than $130 million and the other is upwards of $200 million. Thats a $70 million dollar difference. And thats just last year...every year for the past decade, the Yanks have been high atop the mountain of gratuitous spending and everyone else has been far behind.

Plus, we have to spend like this because we are in the Yanks division. Put us in the AL central and we'll win by 20 games and spend a fraction of what we spend now.

You have no leg to stand on...NONE whatsoever!

LOL the red sox payroll is twice of Oaklands, and your saying they should be excused just because someone else has a higher one?

thats like saying you shouldn't be tried for murdering 3 people because your friend murdered 4 people and wasn't arrested yet :roll:

bottom line, you have no reason to cry about the payroll situation unless you would prefer to see Manny, Schilling and Ortiz all cut.

Actually, I would prefer to see 100% comptetitive balance, believe that or not. Anyone who remembers my posts from that old board can attest to the fact that I never shut up about it. Even if the Sox lose several players...the Yanks would lose more than a few. Face it dude, the BoSox are guilty of spending too much, but the Yanks are far and away worse!

Your analogy sucks. To be more accurate, the Sox would have committed some crime like insider trading (not triple murder) and the Yanks would be guilty of a Saddam-like war crime where 5000 people died if youre trying to relate the modern baseball scene to criminal activities.

I'm sick of pretending to care which team, Boston or New York signs which high priced stud...leaving scraps for everyone else. Its getting old very fast.

I wasn't comparing the difference in payroll between Yanks and Red Sox, but compare the Red Sox payroll with the rest of the league. Regardless of the Yanks payroll, the Sox have a payroll of nearly 130 million dollars, now compare that with the rest of the league and there is still a huge disparity. There is still a nearly 100 million dollar difference between the Sox and the 3 lowest payrolls in the Majors. The Sox free spend just as much as the Yanks do and most offseasons have basically come down to whos going to the Yanks and who's going to the Sox. They throw money around and everyone else either doesn't even bother or fights for the scraps on the table.

Boston bought their championship. The Yankees earned theirs with homegrown talent.

Break into small discussion groups and talk this over amongst yourselves.

Sorry Max, But the Yankmees have been buying the trophy for the last 20 years. They just don't always get paid.

Leave it to BoTox to hijax a legit thread.

Barry still claims that steroids don't help his hand-to-eye coordination. Does anyone doubt that having the ability to bring the bat through the strike zone faster just might enhance the chance of meeting the ball there?

Sorry Max, But the Yankmees have been buying the trophy for the last 20 years. They just don't always get paid.

Barry still claims that steroids don't help his hand-to-eye coordination. Does anyone doubt that having the ability to bring the bat through the strike zone faster just might enhance the chance of meeting the ball there?

TMAC:

I was joking with my original line. But the Yankees have only gotten worse once they tried to start buying it. (A point Bosox has already made). IN 1996 the payroll was close. As it was semi close the next few seasons. Then George went mad and the Yankees won squat!

Oh and Bonds is definitely a JUICER!

we already knew Barry had good handeye coordination throughout his career, he just didnt have the power to hit the ball out of the park every at-bat

suddenly, he got that power in the 99 offseason while he also put on 20 pounds of pure muscle

what a coincidence :lol:

quote]

The Yankees are guilty of crimes that reach far deeper than anything Barry Bonds has done to the game. If not for the limitless contracts they are allowed to offer to the elite free agents, juicing would not be nearly as prevalent in MLB. Other teams offer big bucks, yes...but nobody is a worse offender than fat george as we know. He is the worst cancer ever to infect the game. He ruined baseball in every city except for NYC and Boston, he lied under oath, and paid off some degenerate thugs to find dirt on Winfield, and scalps his own fans with his egregious YES Network.

He should be barred from baseball, never to return. All poor Pete Rose did was gamble on his team to win...and look at him.

Anyway, fat george also took steroid provisions out of Jucin' Jason's contract (and Sheff's too no doubt)because he knew he was a dope fiend. For that he should be locked up in the slam.

All Bonds did was cheat to reach break a homerun record. Who the hell really cares about individual records in baseball? He will probably pay with his life, which will end about 30 years before it should have...same with Juicin' Jason, Cancer Sheffield, and Jose Canseco

Archived