Would you make this trade if you were Mike Tannenbaum?

Do you make this deal?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you make this deal?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that was the context, with some sarcasm sprinkled in. This board is awesome for Jets knowledge, not too good at sarcasm. I forget how black and white it is.

No Devito is not better than Ellis.......but i like what i see. And, oh, I also feel that acquiring Cutler is an absolute MUST! It is the most important move for this team in a long time.

LOL. I just don't get where Ellis and Devito even entered the equation? I mentioned packaging Ellis and/or TJ and/or Leon and the 1st in another thread (or was it this one???) but called it a bit of a pipe dream. Ellis I think makes a little sense for them in that they'd be getting a guy who can play well in the 3-4 as a DE to help them get their system off the ground, he'd obviously have to be willing to restructure his deal. He would have been nothing more than a throw in though to tip the scales, within the main part of the deal being the 17spot for Cutler.

(FWIW I still think giving up the 17th is a bit too much, but it seems to be the general consensus as the baseline to get this guy)

Bingo. I also think we value Cutler much differently too.

On Cutler we're probably closer than you think. I'm worried he's a little crazy myself, but I'm not sure how bad he is. I leave it up to the coaches and Mike T to make sure that they can work with the guy. They have been pretty good with that kind of thing so far. I honestly doubt he'd be any more divisive than Favre was.

Other teams have starting caliber QB's to offer, the Jets don't. If they're serious about making the trade, they're going to have to offer up something of value. Otherwise, they'll miss out. They have to decide what it's worth to them. A starting safety for a starting QB, that's gotta be worth it.

That's only true of the Bills, reportedly.

No other team who's been in the Cutler trade rumors are offering a starter. None.

Let me ask you, though. If you're willing to trade Rhodes, who are you going to use to now fix this crappy secondary? You just turned a defensive strength into a weakness.

Again, no other team linked to the Cutler trade rumors are making the team worse at one position in order to get Cutler. Think about that.

That's only true of the Bills, reportedly.

No other team who's been in the Cutler trade rumors are offering a starter. None.

Let me ask you, though. If you're willing to trade Rhodes, who are you going to use to now fix this crappy secondary? You just turned a defensive strength into a weakness.

Again, no other team linked to the Cutler trade rumors are making the team worse at one position in order to get Cutler. Think about that.

other teams may be offering starting QB's

that said why would denver or cleve want rhodes, he is so overrated

denver would ask for revis 1st

I'll give up the first this year, a third next year and Rhodes to see Cutler as a Jet this year. I LOVE Rhodes, but I think Rex can replace him. Cutler will make everyone better. He's a great competitor and not a baby like they are saying.

Archived