Would you make this trade if you were Mike Tannenbaum?

Do you make this deal?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you make this deal?

Nobody is going to play the Ed Reed role unless his name is Ed Reed or Ronnie Lott pumps his body full of HGH. That being said, this trade is beyond ridiculous. Cutler isn't worth that much. I could see a 1st. round pick but one of the better Safeties in the league on top of that? :rl:

if we get cutler we are going to have a nice bet...

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say I'm very surprised by the voting so far... more than 2/3rds have voted "No". Wow. So people are we really saying that Kerry Rhodes is so unreplacable that we are going to pass up the chance on a young, strong armed Franchise Quarterback for him?

Interesting.

I must say I'm very surprised by the voting so far... more than 2/3rds have voted "No". Wow. So people are we really saying that Kerry Rhodes is so unreplacable that we are going to pass up the chance on a young, strong armed Franchise Quarterback for him?

Interesting.

Is Brandon Marshall included in this trade? Because he's going to look like Ryan Leaf with the cast of receivers the Jets have right now.

Not a ****ing chance I do this trade, Cutler isn't even worth just our first rounder. I don't understand all the love for Cutler, he has a big arm but otherwise he hasn't done **** in the NFL. He has a losing record overall and don't blame that soley on the team because Jake Plummer who was nowhere near as good had the Broncos in the AFC Championship before Cutler took over. Getting Cutler would be the exact same type of move that getting Favre was last year, a sexy move that won't get us anywhere.

Also Cutler would be eaten alive by the NY media and fans, he's having this much of a hissy fit over almost being traded in Denver, are you kidding me? The NFL is a business, **** happens, suck it up and play. He's a bigger primma donna than Matt Leinert and when he talks to the media he sounds stuck up. He would fail miserably here.

Rhodes is definitely overrated on this board. I don't know about the rest of the league.

He is overrated on this board but what board doesn't overrate their own players? That being said, he is still one of the top young safeties in the league.

Let's say Kerry Rhodes' trade value is a 1st and another conditional pick. We would be essentially giving up 3 VERY valuable draft picks (or a

franchise safety and a 1st round pick) for Jay Cutler. I vote no.

Rhodes value is nowhere near 1+

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skCV2L0c6K0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skCV2L0c6K0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It's one thing if you just don't want Cutler. It's something else entirely if you move from yes to no south of this price. You don't have the stomach for this conversation and would do well to get out before names start coming up that aren't a 15M hit away from even being in play. Who should we do next? Nick? Revis? I don't see how you can be serious about this and think anybody is untouchable save for reasons of financial impossibility.

cutler is the very best qb to ever come up on the open market.i mean ever(i might be missing a few trades)3 years in the league.got at least a decade left if healthy.who else is better?

manning?starting his 12th season.maybe 4 or 5 left.probably the best,but age?

brady?who knows how his knee is gonna be.a full year is a long time out of football.

big ben? maybe

brees?already messed up his shoulder once.one more time and done.still a good qb

the only other qb i can think of is the kid from san diego.rivers

rivers and cutler gotta be the best 2 qb options(if you were a franchise trying to acuire a franchise qb)in the league.

if cutler aint worth a mid 1st and overrated hollywood,i dont know what is.

again,he has to be worth 2 1st's and a second

I can't believe this poll is currently 2-1 against. People are clammoring for the Jets to "do what it takes" to get Cutler, but balking at giving up Rhodes? What kind of offer do you expect Denver to accept? You gotta give a little bit if it's your dream to get a young, talented, pro bowl, 4500 yard, 25 TD QB to wear your favorite uniform.

Wake up, man. Either you want him or you don't. If this deal turns your stomach, then you don't. I tend to doubt that this would be enough to get him in the first place.

Rhodes on defense is more important than cutler on offense

No. Just no. Come on, man.

Troy Palomalu is not more important than Ben Roethlisberger. Crap, Ed Reed isn't more important than Joe Flacco!

they also said Darrelle Revis instead of Rhodes, i still said hell no. the Jets are building a killer D.

Cutler turns the ball over too much for Rex's scheme.

I'd even give up Revis, but I'd no longer be willing to give a #1. Maybe a conditional 2010 pick that could become a #1. Revis is legitimately a special player. Rhodes can be very good, but he's not special.

And 18 int's over 600 pass attempts for a second year starter on a team with a poor running game and defense is pretty damn good if you ask me - and likely only to get better. I'm a miser when it comes to trading in general, but you gotta make a serious play for a QB of this caliber. You have to.

No, I wouldn't do it because I seriously doubt Rex Ryan would do it. He's not gutting his defense for Cutler.

Explain to me who the **** is going to play the Ed Reed role in Rex's defense?

"Gutting his defense"....Oh man, get a clue. Stupidity rains.

i was joking about rodney roid

Kerry can be replaced, hollywood's play has slipped

and Cutler makes us a great team not just agood team

who says we even have a "good" team with the offense we have. Our defense would go from "great" to "mediocre" if we lost kerry. Cutler isnt worth it if that would be the case.

redskins are now involved in talks

Makes sense. I read something a couple of months ago that they might be looking to get rid of Jason Campbell and that would be ideal for them to pick up Cutler, I'm just not so sure why Josh McDaniels would want Jason Campbell.

Makes sense. I read something a couple of months ago that they might be looking to get rid of Jason Campbell and that would be ideal for them to pick up Cutler, I'm just not so sure why Josh McDaniels would want Jason Campbell.

cause joshie is an idiot..won't be shocked if bowlen swallows pride and cans

the doosh before they play a game

Archived