Ivy Signs with the Browns

BroadwayJoe12

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=265

Browns agreed to terms with CB Corey Ivy on a one-year contract.

Ivy, 32, has some starting experience but is too small to be an every-down outside corner. He'll push fellow journeyman Hank Poteat to play the nickel.

Source: Profootballtalk.com

Anyone think there's a chance we go after Rolle now that Ivy is gone?? Or do we stick with Lowery in the slot and draft a second day corner? I for one would not be opposed to sticking with the group we have now going into the draft, and grab someone there.

possible Jets trade back in 1st and draft Alphonso Smith from Wake.

then take a wideout in second or trade back in to get one.

Tanny is a draft day mover, if he likes someone he gets em

If we do not go offense in round 1, we're morons.

If we do not go offense in round 1, we're morons.

Agreed.

What is the infatuation with the Jets fans and Cornerbacks? Lito Sheppard was a Pro Bowl Corner in 2005 & 2007 and was benched in 2008 not because of poor play but because he opened up his mouth too much about wanting a new deal and the organization grew sick of it. He is a very good Corner to have as our #2. After him, what happened to all of the love for Dwight Lowery? Are we now saying he can't even be a #3 Corner?

The biggest thing this signing means is that the Jets MIGHT show some interest in Samari Rolle. Otherwise you've got to believe the Jets are very happy with their 1-3 Corner situation. Drew Coleman and Ahmad Caroll as the 4 & 5 isn't the worst thing in the world, we could pick up a Corner on Day 2 to compete with them, but zero reason to go Corner on Day 1.

Ivy, 32, has some starting experience but is too small to be an every-down outside corner. He'll push fellow journeyman Hank Poteat to play the nickel.

Anyone think there's a chance we go after Rolle now that Ivy is gone?? Or do we stick with Lowery in the slot and draft a second day corner? I for one would not be opposed to sticking with the group we have now going into the draft, and grab someone there.

I don't see what the big thing with Ivy was anyways, I've never even heard of the guy.

I don't see what the big thing with Ivy was anyways, I've never even heard of the guy.

It was more along the lines of getting a quality 3rd CB or 4th if Lowery beats him out, mainly because it could make our nickel and dime packages more impressive...I don't like drew coleman one bit and an upgrade who knows the system always helps.

I also don't mind the idea of providing Lito with competition, so as keeping him under his 80% of whatever the percent stipulation was.

It was more along the lines of getting a quality 3rd CB or 4th if Lowery beats him out, mainly because it could make our nickel and dime packages more impressive...I don't like drew coleman one bit and an upgrade who knows the system always helps.

I also don't mind the idea of providing Lito with competition, so as keeping him under his 80% of whatever the percent stipulation was.

If Ivy provides Lito with 'competition', then Lito was a waste.

Ivy sucks anyway.

The one season he saw significant playing time (2007) was the only period this millennium that the Ravens pass defense was horrible. I find it impossible to believe that is pure coincidence.

He also started a third of the season for the Rams two years earlier. They had a lousy pass defense anyway but they were extra-lousy that year.

We really didn't miss out on anything other than we would have been able to draft one less backup CB this year.

I'd still like us to land another veteran CB. Rolle ? Why not ? ::GoJets:

Agreed.

What is the infatuation with the Jets fans and Cornerbacks? Lito Sheppard was a Pro Bowl Corner in 2005 & 2007 and was benched in 2008 not because of poor play but because he opened up his mouth too much about wanting a new deal and the organization grew sick of it. He is a very good Corner to have as our #2. After him, what happened to all of the love for Dwight Lowery? Are we now saying he can't even be a #3 Corner?

The biggest thing this signing means is that the Jets MIGHT show some interest in Samari Rolle. Otherwise you've got to believe the Jets are very happy with their 1-3 Corner situation. Drew Coleman and Ahmad Caroll as the 4 & 5 isn't the worst thing in the world, we could pick up a Corner on Day 2 to compete with them, but zero reason to go Corner on Day 1.

Caroll has earned the nick name "Toast" . I want us to get another veteran CB. I would have kept Poteat over Coleman or Caroll.

Caroll has earned the nick name "Toast" . I want us to get another veteran CB. I would have kept Poteat over Coleman or Caroll.

Ahmad Carroll is fine as a Special Teams player and the 5th Corner, especially in a Rex Ryan type scheme where as long as we are getting the expected constant pressure, Drew Coleman and Ahmad Carroll can fit in just fine as the 4th and 5th Corners. I think we should draft another Corner in Round 4 or 6 to compete with those two for the final two roster spots, but there is no reason to waste a Day 1 pick or spend $2, 3 million a year on Samari Rolle.

How about lets use that $ we have right now to re-up Washington who has one year remaining on his rookie deal?

Ahmad Carroll is fine as a Special Teams player and the 5th Corner, especially in a Rex Ryan type scheme where as long as we are getting the expected constant pressure, Drew Coleman and Ahmad Carroll can fit in just fine as the 4th and 5th Corners. I think we should draft another Corner in Round 4 or 6 to compete with those two for the final two roster spots, but there is no reason to waste a Day 1 pick or spend $2, 3 million a year on Samari Rolle.

How about lets use that $ we have right now to re-up Washington who has one year remaining on his rookie deal?

I remember Carroll being a total bust at CB with GB. Beaten like an old drum constantly. I agree that I do NOT want to waste a first day pick at CB. We need to address the O on day 1. ::GoJets::pats:

Archived