2010 AFC East Free Agents

Here's an early look at our 2010 Free Agent class.

QB Kellen Clemens

RB Leon Washington

WR Brad Smith

TE James Dearth

PK Jay Feely

OL Robert Turner

DL Mike DeVito

DL Howard Green

DL Jason Trusnik

CB Drew Coleman

FS Eric Smith

Clearly we should be trying to give Leon a four, five year extension this offseason. I would also extend Clemens' contract by one year if he wins the job in Training Camp.

I also checked out the Ravens' FA's (because you know we will be looking at them) and from the UFA class the most intriguing name has to be Justin Bannan who recorded 11 sacks last season as a 34 DE. If they don't re-up him, I'd expect the Jets to pursue him hard next year. The Patriots also have Jarvis Green and Richard Seymour up for new deals.

Buffalo

WR Lee Evans

WR Terrell Owens

WR Peerless Price

WR Josh Reed

OL Brad Butler

DL Ryan Denney

DL Kyle Williams

CB Terrence McGee

CB Ashton Youboty

FS Ko Simpson

New England

RB Kevin Faulk

WR Sam Aiken

WR Joey Galloway

TE Brad Listorti

TE David Thomas

TE Benjamin Watson

PK Stephen Gostkowski

OG Russ Hochstein

OG Logan Mankins

OG Stephen Neal

OT Nick Kaczur

OT Ryan O'Callaghan

DL Jarvis Green

DL Richard Seymour

DL Le Kevin Smith

DL Vince Wilfork

LB Tully Banta-Cain

CB Leigh Bodden

CB Ellis Hobbs

Miami

QB Chad Pennington

RB Ricky Williams

RB Ronnie Brown

TE Anthony Fasano

TE David Martin

DL Rodrique Wright

LB Matt Roth

CB Will Allen

Going to be a fun offseason next year.

Wow the Bills have some work to do getting deals done for their WR's...

How about New England? Both their starting Guards, 3 of their 4 top Defensive Lineman, their two starting Corners, every single TE not named Chris Baker and their scatback who has a great rapport with Tom Brady.

How about New England? Both their starting Guards, 3 of their 4 top Defensive Lineman, their two starting Corners, every single TE not named Chris Baker and their scatback who has a great rapport with Tom Brady.

When Brady sucks this season and BB retires they will be a mess... good stuff... ;)

Here's an early look at our 2010 Free Agent class.

Clearly we should be trying to give Leon a four, five year extension this offseason. I would also extend Clemens' contract by one year if he wins the job in Training Camp.

I also checked out the Ravens' FA's (because you know we will be looking at them) and from the UFA class the most intriguing name has to be Justin Bannan who recorded 11 sacks last season as a 34 DE. If they don't re-up him, I'd expect the Jets to pursue him hard next year. The Patriots also have Jarvis Green and Richard Seymour up for new deals.

If there is no labor agreement than those players might not be Unrestricted freeagents. With labor agreement a player can filer= for freeagency after four years. Without a labor agreement it is 6 years before a player can file.

O H M Y G A W D!! The Pats are doomed! I mean, they have never, ever had issues like this looming and O H M Y G A W D there is nothing in their past that would lead me to beleive they will possibly deal with it well! Oh no!!! What is my team going to do?!!!

BTW - Seymour will be a gonner. I'm not so sure Bodden is the starter, time will tell. All three of the tight ends listed aren't worth the effort you put into typing their names, Wilfork, Mankins and Neal are necessary signings.

O H M Y G A W D!! The Pats are doomed! I mean, they have never, ever had issues like this looming and O H M Y G A W D there is nothing in their past that would lead me to beleive they will possibly deal with it well! Oh no!!! What is my team going to do?!!!

BTW - Seymour will be a gonner. I'm not so sure Bodden is the starter, time will tell. All three of the tight ends listed aren't worth the effort you put into typing their names, Wilfork, Mankins and Neal are necessary signings.

Well considering they were a losing franchise for almost 40 years before they could finally get the job done... I would be careful before your confident they have it all figured out...

If there is no labor agreement than those players might not be Unrestricted freeagents. With labor agreement a player can filer= for freeagency after four years. Without a labor agreement it is 6 years before a player can file.

Yep, the uncapped year screws up eligibility so Leon & Clemens won't be FA.

And, 124, if Clemens wins the starting job there is NO CHANCE he signs only a 1 year extension. He'll want a multi-year deal. Bank on it.

The only way Clemens will take a 1 year extension is if he's the backup. If he's a starter, forget about it.

Well considering they were a losing franchise for almost 40 years before they could finally get the job done... I would be careful before your confident they have it all figured out...

You have a point, but until Bill Belichick is no longer the HC of the NEP, I'll remain somewhat confident. I'm pretty sure that is the sentiment of every Patriots fan.

Wilfork is huge signing, unless BB can draft what he believes is a replacement. There are some good NT prospects in the 1st 3 rounds.

It will be interesting how that plays out. If the Pats get Peppers (highly doubt it), I think Wilfork is a definite goner. So the Pats will have to draft a NT.

Just for fun, after SB 3, when did the Jets next play in the SB?

You have a point, but until Bill Belichick is no longer the HC of the NEP, I'll remain somewhat confident. I'm pretty sure that is the sentiment of every Patriots fan.

How much longer will he stay if Brady does not come back into his old form?

Why have we not locked Leon up long term?

That would be a priority for me. The last thing we need is him to have a HUGE year and demand an even higher price.

Because Leon just hired a new agent and, according to reports, the dialogue had to start all over again between agent & the team.

Rhodes was not extended last year until around the preseason if I remember correctly. So it's definately still early.

Plus, Leon has attended all the voluntary workouts so it's obvious the relationship is not acrimonious and Leon is not angling for a new deal. He knows he'll get it.

Because Leon just hired a new agent and, according to reports, the dialogue had to start all over again between agent & the team.

Rhodes was not extended last year until around the preseason if I remember correctly. So it's definately still early.

Plus, Leon has attended all the voluntary workouts so it's obvious the relationship is not acrimonious and Leon is not angling for a new deal. He knows he'll get it.

Didnt know that. Thanks.

It better happen!

Why have we not locked Leon up long term?

That would be a priority for me. The last thing we need is him to have a HUGE year and demand an even higher price.

Agreed. No use wasting $2-3 million this season on Samari Rolle to be the third Cornerback when 90% of you were praising Dwight Lowery as a number two last year, you're telling me he can't be an effective number three?

Lets re-up Washington, other than the draft, that is the most important thing left to do this offsesaon.

I was thinking the same thing. They MAY be in a "win now" mode. That would explain the signing of TO.

I don't they are at all, their defense is not that good. I honestly don't think Owens is going to play that great, he'll play like a #1 wideout but not the same old Owens.

It's nice to see both Seymour and Wilfork are free agents. The Pats also got some key offensive lineman that will be hitting the market as well.

Agreed. No use wasting $2-3 million this season on Samari Rolle to be the third Cornerback when 90% of you were praising Dwight Lowery as a number two last year, you're telling me he can't be an effective number three?

Lets re-up Washington, other than the draft, that is the most important thing left to do this offsesaon.

If worst comes to worst, we'll franchise his ass. It's not that expensive for a RB.

I was thinking the same thing. They MAY be in a "win now" mode. That would explain the signing of TO.

dude-wait-what.jpg

Dude, you live up there. Have you seen their defense? Its like swiss f'ing cheese. They have Lee Evans, 35 year old Terrell Owens and Roscoe Parrish (over-rated a as a Receiver) along with Marshawn Lynch who hasn't lived up to 1st round expectations at all. They have a LT, but thats it. Their entire Offensive Line other than Peters, who played poorly last year, is in shambles and their Quarterback is below average.

What exactly are the Bills aiming to win for? They've been 7-9 the past three seasons, the addition of T.O. might just get them to 8-8. The Patriots, Jets & Dolphins are all improving far more than a 35 year old wideout.

Yes, as long as a proven cheater is leading the Patriots, you will always have a chance.

BZ

Archived