Mangini, Jets brass hug it out

Sperm Edwards

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-6-94/Mangini--Jets-hug-it-out.ht

Mangini, Jets brass hug it out

March 22, 2009 6:43 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

DANA POINT, Calif. -- The rotunda off the lobby of the opulent St. Regis Hotel was a veritable Who's Who of NFL cognoscenti Sunday afternoon. The decision-makers were arriving for the annual owners' meeting, which begin Monday and run through Wednesday.

A great scene just transpired. Former New York Jets coach Eric Mangini and his wife checked in while owner Woody Johnson, general manager Mike Tannenbaum and new head coach Rex Ryan were in the lobby.

There seemed to be nary a shred of tension. Julie Mangini broke the ice by giving Tannenbaum a big hug. Soon, everybody was laughing like old pals.

I had a chance to speak with Buffalo Bills chief operating officer Russ Brandon, who told me a statement is forthcoming in response to Saturday's blog about Toronto organizers hinting at a second regular-season game being exported to the Rogers Centre.

Brandon will be representing the Bills because owner Ralph Wilson will not be attending. Wilson reportedly suffered a shoulder injury recently and didn't want to make the cross-continental trip.

I also have seen Patriots owner Robert Kraft. His coach, Bill Belichick, will not be in attendance.

I haven't seen anybody from the Miami Dolphins yet, but new owner Stephen Ross, GM Jeff Ireland and head coach Tony Sparano all are expected.

I try to find the line between posting too much information and not sharing any inside information at all. It is hard to find the appropriate level.

But I must say that Julie Mangini is a very good hugger.

I try to find the line between posting too much information and not sharing any inside information at all. It is hard to find the appropriate level.

But I must say that Julie Mangini is a very good hugger.

:shock: Damn, I KNEW you were holding out Max.

Dude, that is what I call sportsmanship. I try so hard to not only preach, and teach it. But, to also do it myself when I compete. Belicheat could take some lessons in this department.

And of course BeliPRICK WON'T be there to learn anything. It figures.

In the NFL it doesn't make sense to burn your bridges..It is not in your personal interest professionally or regarding your current team. Mangini is smart and he know's this, as does Tannenbaum and Rex. You never know when your path's may cross again..

"Its not personal, it's just business"

In the NFL it doesn't make sense to burn your bridges..It is not in your personal interest professionally or regarding your current team. Mangini is smart and he know's this

It's even funnier because he's apparently totally serious.

It's even funnier because he's apparently totally serious.

He had to post that because he dreams to hug one or both of Mangini's nuts and he also had a chance to tell everyone how smart Eric is ... again .... yet .... still

Archived