Mets fans...question regarding the NL East

InstantClassic

You don't have the pichinhg anymore especially with Smoltz gone - To be honest if Chipper Jones is your main power source I think you might end up in 4th or so -- can't say much more than that I havent been paying much attention to the Braves.

How do you think the Braves stack up this year?

I'm a life-long Braves fan and haven't gotten used to not winning the division each year!

I think they have improved some, but could have done more.

Do you see them finishing behind the Mets and Phils this year?

Just curious.

I think the Phillies will prevail once again :( . The Braves will battle the Mets closely for 2nd in the NL East. The Mets , IMHO, needed to add another right handed stick which they failed to do.

I'm a life-long Braves fan and haven't gotten used to not winning the division each year!

Just curious.

The rotation has the potential to be good. The probem I see is Chipper and Garret Anderson staying on the field enough for you to contend. If you get those two for 150 games and a bounce back year from Francouer, who knows, you could hang around and make things interesting.

I don't think they're going to make a run of any kind this season, but they have some really good players to look out for this season, and next few season.

Tommy Hanson, RHP (Probably see him sometimes this year)

Jason Heyward, OF

Jordan Schafer, OF (Won the CF job this spring)

Freddie Freeman, 1B

Cole Rohrbough, LHP

Just curious.

Braves should be a decent team, but probably not enough to overcome the Mets or Phillies. Since I dont expect the Mets or Phillies to get more than 90 wins they have a chance... as long as their top players stay healthy and perfom to ability.

Why not? I am still waiting for him to turn into a LA Lakers fan, or Cleveland Cavaliers fan, when he realizes Boston isn't winning it all this year.

Have fun rooting for the Magic when they get stomped on by my boys in Green

you're played out JCB24242543434 :rolleyes:

I agree with a lot of the input here.

The Braves needed a power bat in the outfield, like an Adam Dunn and didn't make it happen.

I think they have the pieces to do something, but the lack of power might hurt them.

The rotation looks decent, at best.

I'm not sold on Lowe or Vazquez, but we'll see what happens.

I hope to see Tommy Hanson this season, he's been raved about for what seems like the past two seasons or so.

I'd like to see a solid year from Yunel Escobar, Kelly Johnson and Frenchy. If McCaan and Chipper can stay consistent, I think they can at least be competitive this year.

I think they have the depth of the Pitching Staff to be a factor (Although without Smoltz they lack that true "Ace"), but not the Offense. Their main two Offense weapons are either Injury Prone (Chipper) or a Catcher (McCann), meaning both are a good bet to miss at least 40 games....and there really isn't much else that's far better then average to compliment them.

Archived