Man Charged with Drunk Driving on Bar Stool

JohnnyHector

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29971638/?GT1=43001

Cops: 28-year-old wrecked stool powered by a deconstructed lawn mower

NEWARK, Ohio - A 28-year-old man has been charged with drunken driving after crashing his motorized bar stool, Ohio authorities said.

Police in Newark, 30 miles east of Columbus, say when they responded to a report of a crash with injuries on March 4, they found a man who had wrecked a bar stool powered by a deconstructed lawn mower.

Police released the 911 tapes, revealing the calm exchange between the driver's friend and the dispatcher.

"I got a friend who wrecked a bar stool," the caller said.

When asked by the dispatcher whether he hit his head inside the bar, the friend replied, "Um, no, he was riding the bar stool ... a motorized bar stool."

Kile Wygle, the bar-stool rider, was hospitalized for minor injuries.

During an interview after his crash, Wygle told the reporter, "I drank quite a bit after I wrecked."

Police say he was charged with operating a vehicle while intoxicated after he told an officer at the hospital that he had consumed 15 beers.

Wygle told police his motorized bar stool can go up to 38 mph.

Wygle has pleaded not guilty and has requested a jury trial.

090331-bar-stool-dui-hmed-tease.300w.jpg

I remember a case a few years ago about a guy being arrested for drunk driving on his lawnmower. So I googled it and found a lot more than one guy. Didn't know it was a redneck trend.

Then since I live near a golf course and see guys whizzing by the house on their golf carts, probably crocked, I looked that up on google. Did you know Bill Murray got arrested for drunk driving on a golf cart in Sweden?

http://www.cinemablend.com/celebrity/Bill-Murray-Arrested-For-Drunk-Golf-Cart-Driving-5957.html

lol, my redneck poconos uncle made one of these with his friends a few years ago, it is cool but not as cool as their motorized picnic table.

Seriously? Driving while drinking and eating? :biggrin: Anything like this?

hotrod_picnictable2.jpg

Check this out. The *** redneck living room on wheels.

"Hey, Bubba, get yur lazy azz off the couch and go to the store and buy me some smokes."

"Na, mom, I'll just take the couch."

Gravelrama%2B37%2B003.jpg

Seriously? Driving while drinking and eating? :biggrin: Anything like this?

hotrod_picnictable2.jpg

Check this out. The *** redneck living room on wheels.

"Hey, Bubba, get yur lazy azz off the couch and go to the store and buy me some smokes."

"Na, mom, I'll just take the couch."

Gravelrama%2B37%2B003.jpg

Yeah, their picnic table looks a lot like that, except has a huge engine. Also, they have one friend who is a paraplegic (from him driving drunk and getting in an accident). Well, they built him a sidecar for a harley by bolting a lazyboy onto a frame with wheels. Funny as hell, especially when they all got drunk again and took it for a spin and realized that maybe it would have been a good idea to put a seatbelt in it as the paraplegic guy got tossed when they ran off the road. This is just poconos shananigans, lol. It is crazy how many people drive drunk out in the country like that.

no, i think you can get a dui on a bicycle. A guy got arrested on one of those electric cooler scooters too.

No way. I know you can get a a BUI.

I ride my bike to the bar all the time on Sunday Funday when I'm not surfing, fishing or golfing. Always have to fear the ride back home because I know guys that have a BUI.

I ride my bike to the bar all the time on Sunday Funday when I'm not surfing, fishing or golfing. Always have to fear the ride back home because I know guys that have a BUI.

Didn't Jack Tripper get pinched riding his bike home drunk from the Regal Beagle?

ive heard of people that have gotten a DUI while sitting in their wheelchair.. anything with wheels is illegal to operate while intoxicated

Archived