My Cutler Predictions amongst others.

JETSorDIE

My Cutler Predictions amongs others.

No one has talk about this scenario so here we go .

Jat Cutler is in his 3rd year of a 6 year 48 million contract. roughly 8 million a year. While you have Cassel making a cool 14 million on his franchise tender. The main reason teams stayed away from the cutler sweepstakes is not only they had to give up a boatload of picks but now they have to rework his rookie contract....

My predictions..

Next year he will demand a contract in the tume of Peyton Manning 7 yr 99 million. with at least 34 mil

guaranteed. We all know the Bears are cheap so watch the hold out drama that will be in soldier field next year.

We will NOT draft a QB

We will keep our three QB and let them battle it out. If none of them is good we will grab leftwich and either draft one of these 2010 QBs

Sam Bradford, Oklahoma

Height: 6-4. Weight: 214.

Projected 40 Time: 4.70.

Jevan Snead, Ole Miss

Height: 6-3. Weight: 215.

Projected 40 Time: 4.66.

Colt McCoy, Texas

Height: 6-3. Weight: 205.

Projected 40 Time: 4.69.

Thomas Jones will hold out and this will be his last year in Green

We will draft a RB and WR in the 1st and second round.

we will win the division this year..

The Bears made Tommie Harris the (then) highest-paid DT in NFL history (4 years, $40M).

Regarding Cutler, you can't look at the average of his rookie contract. He isn't paid the same amount every year & under his current contract terms he won't even make $8M over the next 2 seasons combined. In salary & roster bonuses, this year he makes $1.03M. Next year it's $5.4M. In 2011 it's $14M. Rotoworld is excellent for this stuff.

So unless it's done right now (when his next 2 years' compensation is so much lower), if Cutler is signed for 7 years $99M the Bears are paying him under the table. Goodell has expressed his (and the owners') interest in expanding the season, and the cap is going up (if there even is a cap starting next year).

My Cutler Predictions amongs others.

No one has talk about this scenario so here we go .

Jat Cutler is in his 3rd year of a 6 year 48 million contract. roughly 8 million a year. While you have Cassel making a cool 14 million on his franchise tender. The main reason teams stayed away from the cutler sweepstakes is not only they had to give up a boatload of picks but now they have to rework his rookie contract....

My predictions..

Next year he will demand a contract in the tume of Peyton Manning 7 yr 99 million. with at least 34 mil

guaranteed. We all know the Bears are cheap so watch the hold out drama that will be in soldier field next year.

We will NOT draft a QB

We will keep our three QB and let them battle it out. If none of them is good we will grab leftwich and either draft one of these 2010 QBs

Sam Bradford, Oklahoma

Height: 6-4. Weight: 214.

Projected 40 Time: 4.70.

Jevan Snead, Ole Miss

Height: 6-3. Weight: 215.

Projected 40 Time: 4.66.

Colt McCoy, Texas

Height: 6-3. Weight: 205.

Projected 40 Time: 4.69.

Thomas Jones will hold out and this will be his last year in Green

We will draft a RB and WR in the 1st and second round.

we will win the division this year..

The Bears been looking for a QB like Cutler for decades. I still can't see why they didn't believe in Orton. I think he's going to be a good player in this league for years to come.

He was great last year, especially at the end of the season.

how much skippy???????????

$100 can you handle it?

what criteria? TD passes? wins?

Orton is already the more proven QB who put an 8 game win streak together.

I am willing to bet that Orton has a better year... the #'s might fall a little short but he will be the better QB.... Cutler has nothing in Chicago... Cutler in 09' will be a lot like Anderson in 09'... IMO... Cutler is very good but the Bears are certainly not.

Orton is already the more proven QB who put an 8 game win streak together.

I am willing to bet that Orton has a better year... the #'s might fall a little short but he will be the better QB.... Cutler has nothing in Chicago... Cutler in 09' will be a lot like Anderson in 09'... IMO... Cutler is very good but the Bears are certainly not.

k $100

keep it simple base it on wins

"Thomas Jones will hold out and this will be his last year in Green

We will draft a RB and WR in the 1st and second round. "

so do we draft a RB because jones is holding out, or does he hold out because we drafted a RB ?

inquiring minds want to know

"Thomas Jones will hold out and this will be his last year in Green

We will draft a RB and WR in the 1st and second round. "

so do we draft a RB because jones is holding out, or does he hold out because we drafted a RB ?

inquiring minds want to know

BAP

That never holds 100% true.

For example is the BAP happened to be an OLB... they are not taking an OLB...

sorry i'm a BAP guy

unless we are talking decimals, i take better player

taking need bites you in the arse 9 out of 10

did u bet or not?

No thank you, if I wanted to (possibly) pay to voice my opinions I would sign up at JI...

yet you are so phucking sure and make comments that you run away

from...

Just like Cutler...you are in favor and then when it doesnt happen you switch

sides....you would make a good frag officer in army

sorry i'm a BAP guy

did u bet or not?

hey we agree on something ! :cheers:

drafting for roster openings leads to picks like roger vick, jeff lageman and mike nugent

hey we agree on something ! :cheers:

drafting for roster openings leads to picks like roger vick, jeff lageman and mike nugent

and Becht and tons of others

drafted by need is quickest way to lose your job

thank gawd ecurb doesn't run a team

injuries happen..need football players

yet you are so phucking sure and make comments that you run away

from...

Just like Cutler...you are in favor and then when it doesnt happen you switch

sides....you would make a good frag officer in army

I wanted Cutler for a 1st a 3rd and Clemens.

I did not change my mind at all, the JETS could not get him for what I thought he was worth.

sorry i'm a BAP guy

did u bet or not?

Gholston was the BAP.

Revis, Brick & Mangold were all to fill holes.

I wanted Cutler for a 1st a 3rd and Clemens.

I did not change my mind at all, the JETS could not get him for what I thought he was worth.

Bull**** read all your posts

you knew it would cost 2 #1's and were in favor

you went from condtional to 2 #1's

Gholston was the BAP.

Ouch.

DRob was also best available player. Sure wish we went with Troy Polamalu, with our original pick, to fill the "need" to replace Sam Garnes, than pissing away our other #1. Hell, we could have used that to fill the "need" to replace Aaron Beasley even though he wasn't the highest-rated overall player at that spot...but he was the highest-rated CB.

To be fair, you can't purely draft need. When you do that you end up with Anthony Schlegel & Victor Hobson as your linebackers & Eric Smith's the safety you're grooming. You end up using 2nd round picks on place kickers who can't reach the endzone and 3rd round picks on 26 year-old, 6th-round talent nose tackles. You draft players like Jason Pociask instead of waiting to sign them as UDFA's. Guys like Reggie Bush get taken ahead of Haloti Ngata (even back then, who would have been more useful to New Orleans?).

Strict BPA means you're not only risking drafting a bust (which exists everywhere in the draft), but you're also risking a high draft pick hardly being used under the early part of his rookie contract when his cap numbers are cheapest.

Joseph Addai was nowhere near the best available player when he was taken. Turns out he was a product of a then-great OL and the threat of a lethal passing attack. There's a reason he was a 3rd round prospect until he ran that 4.40 at the combine. But hey, Indy just let Edgerrin James go so they reached on a RB who everyone overrated.

Gholston was the BAP.

LOL you are something

Like you know Vern was BAP

by whose board yours...teams like Ravens did not even rate him high

You could make the argument that he was a need pick.

LOL you are something

Like you know Vern was BAP

by whose board yours...teams like Ravens did not even rate him high

You could make the argument that he was a need pick.

Huh? So now your saying there is no such thing as BAP? If it differs team by team than surely things like needs and players ages influence it making it not strictly BAP...

Vernon was who the JETS thought was the BAP... that makes him a BAP decision rather than a NEED decision...

I pointed out 3 1st rounders the JETS drafted based on NEED and they worked out fantastic... hell they even traded up for one of them...

Ouch.

DRob was also best available player. Sure wish we went with Troy Polamalu, with our original pick, to fill the "need" to replace Sam Garnes, than pissing away our other #1. Hell, we could have used that to fill the "need" to replace Aaron Beasley even though he wasn't the highest-rated overall player at that spot...but he was the highest-rated CB.

To be fair, you can't purely draft need. When you do that you end up with Anthony Schlegel & Victor Hobson as your linebackers & Eric Smith's the safety you're grooming. You end up using 2nd round picks on place kickers who can't reach the endzone and 3rd round picks on 26 year-old, 6th-round talent nose tackles. You draft players like Jason Pociask instead of waiting to sign them as UDFA's. Guys like Reggie Bush get taken ahead of Haloti Ngata (even back then, who would have been more useful to New Orleans?).

Strict BPA means you're not only risking drafting a bust (which exists everywhere in the draft), but you're also risking a high draft pick hardly being used under the early part of his rookie contract when his cap numbers are cheapest.

Joseph Addai was nowhere near the best available player when he was taken. Turns out he was a product of a then-great OL and the threat of a lethal passing attack. There's a reason he was a 3rd round prospect until he ran that 4.40 at the combine. But hey, Indy just let Edgerrin James go so they reached on a RB who everyone overrated.

Thank you... It is actually quite obvious that drafting purely BAP is a bad idea... there are too many variables... you draft the player that makes your team better...

For example... if Sanchez falls to the Pats at 23... he is the BAP... no doubt from anyone... should they take him? Of course not... he is not their BAP based on their needs... drafting purely BAP is stupid...

Huh? So now your saying there is no such thing as BAP? If it differs team by team than surely things like needs and players ages influence it making it not strictly BAP...

Vernon was who the JETS thought was the BAP... that makes him a BAP decision rather than a NEED decision...

I pointed out 3 1st rounders the JETS drafted based on NEED and they worked out fantastic... hell they even traded up for one of them...

ecurb in warroom who knew:confused0058:

ecurb in warroom who knew:confused0058:

I pointed out facts against your side... what have you done... ???

Nothing.

Tell me when the JETS took BAP and it worked, please.

Revis, Brick, Mangold were all need.

While your at it tell me if the Pats would take Sanchez at 23.

I pointed out facts against your side... what have you done... ???

Nothing.

Tell me when the JETS took BAP and it worked, please.

Revis, Brick, Mangold were all need.

While your at it tell me if the Pats would take Sanchez at 23.

Qb's are exempt from equation

DBrick wasn't worth 4th pick, so drafting by need did not work there

you have no f'n clue where jets had revis or mangold rated on draftboard

Brick was a need and has worked out well... Most people had Vernon Davis ranked higher... would prefer him?

Revis and Mangold were both NEEDS... they traded up for Revis... which is not taking the BAP... thats trading up to get your guy... and Mangold was a HUGE need after letting Mawae go... if the JETS kept Mawae they do nto take Mangold...

Please give us some examples of drafting the BAP and when ti worked... Sperm and myself gave you examples of when ti did not work...

Your turn.

Brick was a need and has worked out well... Most people had Vernon Davis ranked higher... would prefer him?

Revis and Mangold were both NEEDS... they traded up for Revis... which is not taking the BAP... thats trading up to get your guy... and Mangold was a HUGE need after letting Mawae go... if the JETS kept Mawae they do nto take Mangold...

Please give us some examples of drafting the BAP and when ti worked... Sperm and myself gave you examples of when ti did not work...

Your turn.

You have no clue where the jets had revis on draft board, unless

jets shared the board with you;)

I do not look at Kipers board, there were many redflags on Davis

if the jets could redo that draft they would have taken cutler.

how much skippy???????????

$100 can you handle it?

what criteria? TD passes? wins?

Did I say I'd be willing to bet?

BTW, I don't get into bets over an internet messageboard, especially when the poster is over 3,000 miles away.

I just think that with the weapons he'll have in Denver Orton will put up better overall stats. With that defense he'll not put up the wins Cutler will (I doubt it) but I think he'll play better.

Pretty tough to have good stats when Devin Hester is your #1 WR.

Did I say I'd be willing to bet?

BTW, I don't get into bets over an internet messageboard, especially when the poster is over 3,000 miles away.

I just think that with the weapons he'll have in Denver Orton will put up better overall stats. With that defense he'll not put up the wins Cutler will (I doubt it) but I think he'll play better.

Pretty tough to have good stats when Devin Hester is your #1 WR.

you forget marshall will be suspended 4 to 8 games and is one strike

away from missing whole season

bears are getting holt, whispers are saying he is in chicago now

You are looking at it in hindsight. D'Brick was expected to go top 4 or 5 in every single mock draft. He was one of those guys touted as the best ____ in a decade. I believe his claim by every "expert" was that he was the best LT prospect since Orlando Pace. The 2006 draft was thought to have a ton of OT prospects, with many who would project to LT. D'Brick was the best prospect of them & was an example of a BPA selection.

Pittsburgh will not draft a RB in round 1 this year no matter who is on the board. Neither will Minnesota...

Giants will not draft a DE or an OLman in round 1 this year no matter who is on the board. Neither will the Jets...

New Orleans will not draft a TE in round 1 this year no matter who is on the board. Neither will San Fran or Tampa or Miami or Chicago...

No sensible team drafts BPA no matter what, even at positions other than QB.

You are looking at it in hindsight. D'Brick was expected to go top 4 or 5 in every single mock draft. He was one of those guys touted as the best ____ in a decade. I believe his claim by every "expert" was that he was the best LT prospect since Orlando Pace. The 2006 draft was thought to have a ton of OT prospects, with many who would project to LT. D'Brick was the best prospect of them & was an example of a BPA selection.

i have no idea where jets had him on board, i would assume he was BAP

ecurb stated need

I'm happy with D'Brick. He was one of the best LT's in the league last season.

Ouch.

to be fair, drafting for position also gets you kyle brady over warren sapp

we could go back and forth for weeks with examples on both sides, but I say if you are building a franchise, it's better to err on the side of taking the best player, because you can't predict the future of any position with any franchise ( cutler, burress, coles, stallworth, vick, etc etc etc)

Archived