Jeff Garcia possible to Raiders

faba

Yes.

NBC Bay Area has confirmed Garcia is negotiating a deal with the Oakland Raiders. The contract could be finalized as early as Sunday.

A source close to the negotiations tells NBC Bay Area Sports Director Raj Mathai a deal is "close. It will probably get done."

The 39 year-old quarterback will have the opportunity to compete for the starting position with JaMarcus Russell, though Garcia will likely serve as a backup.

This will be a homecoming for Garcia, who grew up in Gilroy and graduated from San Jose State University. Garcia was also a 3-time Pro Bowler with the 49ers earlier this decade. He spent the last two seasons with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

I've been wanting this guy for the past 3 seasons. I'm not so sure now though. Oakland has a great chance to get a lot better this coming season.

I have to believe that either we are drafting a qb or rex and tanny really are secure in what we have at the qb spot. I still think we should add a vet though.

If the Jets are going to be defense and run oriented, how is bringing in Garcia a bad thing? worse case scenario proven back up? Many have said all the Jets need is a game manager, which is exactly what Garcia is.

If the Jets are going to be defense and run oriented, how is bringing in Garcia a bad thing? worse case scenario proven back up? Many have said all the Jets need is a game manager, which is exactly what Garcia is.

At some point they either need to see what the young guys have or move on and get rid of them. If they constantly bring in a stopgap QB then either their confidence will be crushed or perhaps they are just not good enough, in which case they need to go.

Oakland is really the city to go to if you want your career to die.

I heard they are interested in trading for OchoCinco.

It's silly a team that has its QB already heading into 2009, just signed a pretty good backup Qb in Jeff garcia. Yet were bashing them with our current Qb crop. Unbelievable. Only reason Jets didn't bring in Jeff garcia because Garcia easily beating any of the young Qb 's on the Jets roster.

Everyone needs to face reality now.

It's silly a team that has its QB already heading into 2009, just signed a pretty good backup Qb in Jeff garcia. Yet were bashing them with our current Qb crop. Unbelievable. Only reason Jets didn't bring in Jeff garcia because Garcia easily beating any of the young Qb 's on the Jets roster.

Everyone needs to face reality now.

Who is bashing them the Raiders? Thats not even necessary. I am bashing Jeff Garcia for going to Oakland where players go to die.

Garcia is now the worst QB ever.

It's S T U P I D that Jets didn't bring in an experienced QB like Jeff Garcia to compete with all the young Qbs . Whats the harm . IF these young kids are talented as they want us to believe, they should be able to beat out a 39 year old Qb. What happens if none of the youngsters are ready. Now what fallback option are you left with. Signing Vinny Testaverde. This Jets offense could be the worst offense in football next year.

http://www.nfl.com/players/jeffgarcia/profile?id=GAR101861

Archived