The NBA Finals Thread

ECURB

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kobe was absolutely terrible down the stretch in that game.

Unfortunately for Orlando, I doubt that happens again. He won't miss free throws like that again.

The 6th Man is FIERCE in Orlando. The building came off the roof on more than one occasion.

Home cookin' will do this team good..but the Magic need to play way better defensively.

GO MAGIC!!

The 6th Man is FIERCE in Orlando. The building came off the roof on more than one occasion.

Home cookin' will do this team good..but the Magic need to play way better defensively.

GO MAGIC!!

Great win for Orlando, but I just want to let you know that Orlando will not shoot the way they shot on Thursday.

I don't think Alston will play the same way either.

Great win for Orlando, but I just want to let you know that Orlando will not shoot the way they shot on Thursday.

I don't think Alston will play the same way either.

Thanks Ghostie..Skip has played lightyears better at home all playoffs.

He was the key, as well as Air France stepping up last night.

The 6th Man is FIERCE in Orlando.

Is that a joke? Orlando has been notoriously one of the tamest arenas in basketball since the franchise came into existence and it's well known that they blare plenty of that "fierce" noise through the PA system.

Here's an excerpt from this past November where a Yahoo writer described an Orlando experience.

"I've covered several games in Orlando during the early part of the season, and there are always plenty of good seats to be had. What surprises me more than anything, though, is the general lack of enthusiasm from some of the crowds. For the most part, the crowds I've seen at Magic games are flatter than a pancake. Sure, there are some exciting moments, and, if asked, the fans are usually willing to get out of their seats and cheer. But, if it wasn't for the noise blaring from the speaker system, you would be able to hear Stan Van Gundy barking out orders on almost every possession."

The 2009 Orlando Magic: Our crowds are flatter than a pancake. Should Disney World premiere its Orlando Magic Bandwagon Ride during the Finals or just wait until this summer?

I honestly never thought I'd encounter a fanbase with as much instant revisionism of their loyalty as Net fans, but Magic fans are really making a name for themselves.

Is that a joke? Orlando has been notoriously one of the tamest arenas in basketball since the franchise came into existence and it's well known that they blare plenty of that "fierce" noise through the PA system.

Here's an excerpt from this past November where a Yahoo writer described an Orlando experience.

The 2009 Orlando Magic: Our crowds are flatter than a pancake. Should Disney World premiere its Orlando Magic Bandwagon Ride during the Finals or just wait until this summer?

I honestly never thought I'd encounter a fanbase with as much instant revisionism of their loyalty as Net fans, but Magic fans are really making a name for themselves.

Heat games are pretty bad too....

I'm sorry...how many Magic games have you attended?

I'm sorry...how many Magic games have you attended?

I'm going to guess not many, because the way I see it there is only one crowd that I think gets louder then the Magic fans do. That's probably the Raptors fans, even when their team isn't that good, I remember that playoff series with them last year, they put Howard through hell both games in Toronto.

I'm going to guess not many

You'd be guessing incorrectly.

because the way I see it there is only one crowd that I think gets louder then the Magic fans do. That's probably the Raptors fans, even when their team isn't that good, I remember that playoff series with them last year, they put Howard through hell both games in Toronto.

Toronto is certainly up there, but in terms of noise, it's a battle between Utah and Golden State for the top spot. Utah almost gave me a concussion from the noise alone. Boston's still one of the best, but IMO they were louder at the original Garden. Sacramento is pretty ridiculous when they're good as well. Even Portland and Atlanta are pretty awesome crowds historically and still are.

I'm sorry but any objective NBA fan who's seen their share of home crowds wouldn't even dream of putting Orlando in the same league as any of them. They've never been a feared base, and their regular season crowds are a flat-out joke. There's a reason why national writers like the one I posted above write that stuff. It's just the way it is.

You'd be guessing incorrectly.

Toronto is certainly up there, but in terms of noise, it's a battle between Utah and Golden State for the top spot. Utah almost gave me a concussion from the noise alone. Boston's still one of the best, but IMO they were louder at the original Garden. Sacramento is pretty ridiculous when they're good as well. Even Portland and Atlanta are pretty awesome crowds historically and still are.

I'm sorry but any objective NBA fan who's seen their share of home crowds wouldn't even dream of putting Orlando in the same league as any of them. They've never been a feared base, and their regular season crowds are a flat-out joke. There's a reason why national writers like the one I posted above write that stuff. It's just the way it is.

Those Celtics fans were awfully quiet during the Magic series, and they were once up 3-2, and I couldn't believe how quiet they were for game 7. Magic fans are far louder then the Celtics fans.

Archived