The NBA Finals Thread

ECURB

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope so RJF. He went into his back with both fists.

They have to dude, there's no way he plays in Game 5 once they go to the tape. No way in hell will the league allow that BS.

By the way, that game was as massive a choke job by Orlando as it gets. 19 turnovers at home? Ridiculous. Van Gundy blows, all they had to do was play some basic fundamental basketball and they'd have tied it up.

Pietrus gets a 1-game suspension for Game 5, which means Kobe goes off, and LA seals it up on Sunday in Florida. Series is over.

(On a side note, I was pulling for Howard to get a 10th block. A dude almost getting a triple-double off blocks in the f-cking Finals is flat-out ridiculous).

They have to dude, there's no way he plays in Game 5 once they go to the tape. No way in hell will the league allow that BS.

By the way, that game was as massive a choke job by Orlando as it gets. 19 turnovers at home? Ridiculous. Van Gundy blows, all they had to do was play some basic fundamental basketball and they'd have tied it up.

Pietrus gets a 1-game suspension for Game 5, which means Kobe goes off, and LA seals it up on Sunday in Florida. Series is over.

(On a side note, I was pulling for Howard to get a 10th block. A dude almost getting a triple-double off blocks in the f-cking Finals is flat-out ridiculous).

Thanks RJF , I hope so. BTW I bet Orlando was pulling for Howard to make a friggin foul shot. :biggrin:

Thanks RJF , I hope so. BTW I bet Orlando was pulling for Howard to make a friggin foul shot. :biggrin:

That was a hard foul by Kobe (borderline flagrant, but Kobe's always gonna get that call in that situation), but brilliantly done. It's weird to say, but that foul might have just sealed up his 4th ring. Great heads up play by him IMO.

POS Especially with the Lakers up by 5 at that point.

Huh?

It's classy for Gasol to dunk the ball up 5 with 3.4 seconds remaining?

Come on Pete..Gasol is lucky he didn't get undercut by Pietrus.

Pietrus was wrong for what he did, but was undoubtedly baited when Gasol tried to run the score.

Huh?

It's classy for Gasol to dunk the ball up 5 with 3.4 seconds remaining?

Come on Pete..Gasol is lucky he didn't get undercut by Pietrus.

Pietrus was wrong for what he did, but was undoubtedly baited when Gasol tried to run the score.

You're missing the point. Good players let him dunk the ball and take the loss. They don't put themselves in a position to be suspended for an elimination game when you're their 2nd best defender. Pietrus is an idiot. It's exactly why they lost this game, the whole team had no poise tonight and choked massively.

You're missing the point. Good players let him dunk the ball and take the loss. They don't put themselves in a position to be suspended for an elimination game when you're their 2nd best defender. Pietrus is an idiot. It's exactly why they lost this game, the whole team had no poise tonight and choked massively.

That makes zero sense.

The Magic lost because they missed free throws..nothing more, nothing less.

That makes zero sense.

The Magic lost because they missed free throws..nothing more, nothing less.

That's f-cking absurd. Last time I checked, they turned the ball over 19 times. At HOME. Missed free throws and turnovers? Yeah, that's a matter of poise and not being ready. As I said earlier, all Orlando had to do was play some solid fundamental ball, and the series is tied. Couldn't do it. What, did they have swine flu or something?

That's f-cking absurd. Last time I checked, they turned the ball over 19 times. At HOME. Missed free throws and turnovers? Yeah, that's a matter of poise and not being ready. As I said earlier, all Orlando had to do was play some solid fundamental ball, and the series is tied. Couldn't do it. What, did they have swine flu or something?

I agree, however, if Howard would have made 1/2 FTs then we would be talking about another story.

D12 makes 2 FT's with 11 seconds left and the game is over..so you can throw 19 turnovers out the window.

Stats don't tell the story, the play of the game does. That's fundamental error, missing free throws.

I still want to know what SVG was doing by leaving Jameer Nelson in the game late there. Why was Skip on the bench? After that kind of move, I still believe he's a better coach then Doc, or that idiot from Cleveland, but I heard we're probably giving him an extension, I don't know if I want him back after his contract ends after a move like that. Skip wasn't even playing that bad today either.

For this loss I blame Hedo for missing 3 of 4 free throws in the fourth quarter, more then I blame Dwight missing those 2 very late in the fourth quarter to put the game away, and I also blame SVG for his idiotic-ness of leaving Jameer Nelson in the game late 4th, and the entire OT.

D12 makes 2 FT's with 11 seconds left and the game is over..so you can throw 19 turnovers out the window.

Stats don't tell the story, the play of the game does. That's fundamental error, missing free throws.

You're basically agreeing with me. It's funny that you fail to see this.

I agree, however, if Howard would have made 1/2 FTs then we would be talking about another story.

Meh, turn the ball over half as much, and you don't have to worry about putting your sub 60% free throw shooter in a position to win the game for you on free throws. It works both ways.

I still want to know what SVG was doing by....

<snip>

Because he's not a great coach. He's slightly above-average. It's really that simple. Pat Riley realized this fairly quickly, and it's why Miami has a ring now and why Orlando won't this year, even though they should be in contention right now to get one.

<snip>

Because he's not a great coach. He's slightly above-average. It's really that simple. Pat Riley realized this fairly quickly, and it's why Miami has a ring now and why Orlando won't this year, even though they should be in contention right now to get one.

You're right, he's not a great coach, he's just a good one with a hell of a lot of potential. The stuff he has done for this team in just 2 years is amazing. It's looking really, really bleak right now, and we probably wont win this series, but you cannot tell me that Billy Donovan would have done what Stan Van Gundy has done for us. He has turned around this organization very quickly, and he's probably one of the best coaches we've ever had here in Orlando. Far better then Brian Hill was.

Archived