New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

It makes sense to me that the mafia would target someone from Vicious's list. All four of you are experienced players. The scum know which of you are innocent, and I could see them taking one of you out, with the added bonus that it'll be the one Vicious investigated. I don't think it's a guarantee that the scum will kill Slats tonight.

I also agree this shouldn't be the sole basis of voting, which it isn't for me. Pac seems scummy to me, and I'd prefer to push him right now than to lynch SMC under these circumstances. I would rather deal with SMC tomorrow ... and make sure Vicious doesn't give away again who he might be investigating! :P

But doggins point is 100% related to the known scum desire to kill confirmed innocents. Slats is the 1 confirmed innocent. If they want to whack me, him , ey or SMC, they're doing it for other reasons, not because they think they are going to out guess the completely unpredictable vicious..

Heck, the dude could investigate himself tonight and I wouldn't be surprised frankly.. ;)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also agree this shouldn't be the sole basis of voting, which it isn't for me. Pac seems scummy to me, and I'd prefer to push him right now than to lynch SMC under these circumstances. I would rather deal with SMC tomorrow ... and make sure Vicious doesn't give away again who he might be investigating! :P

That';s fine then. I'm more interested in doggin explaining his thinking here that you acting on it,..

You look scummy to me? :P Can you explain how you feel about Doggin and EY? Does really no one besides AVM & Vicious look scummy to you?

Thank you? :D

Hard for me to dedicate much time to posting during the day but I'll answer this around lunch time.

Yes, doggin doesn't want to lynch SMC cause it will raise the odds from 25% to 33% that the scum will kill an investigation target, yet, he's completely ignoring that Slats is hanging out as a confirmed innocent and is an easy surefire kill tonight...

Yeah, that too . . . though if I'm scum, I prefer to keep ahead of the finder, not behind.

Yeah, that too . . . though if I'm scum, I prefer to keep ahead of the finder, not behind.

hogwash..

There's no way you try your luck guessing against Vicious when you can get the sure kill of another. If the most likely thing happens and you miss, now you have 2 confirmed innocent running around and are way behind..

You look scummy to me? :P Can you explain how you feel about Doggin and EY? Does really no one besides AVM & Vicious look scummy to you?

Thank you? :D

The short answer though is I don't trust Doggin one iota. He's who I've been referencing as far as the David Koresh type poster who will try and build a cult following only to lead them to their demise.

I have no doubt he's capable of systematically destroying the town from his blackberry.

Unvote

Vote: Doggin

I don't like his whole thinking on the mafia's NK, if he thinks SMC is guilty, why should he worry about a minimal increase in the odds of an investigation target being NK'd? His explanation that he'd prefer to stay ahead of the mafia doesn't make sense to me either, even if the mafia guesses right and NK's vic's investigation target, they are still left with 1 confirmed innocent. The most likely scenario of course is that they guess wrong and wind up with 2 confirmed innocents + vic, in what will potentially be a 10 person game this time tomorrw. No good for them.

In short, unless he's wrapped up in this some way, I'm having a hard time understanding why an innocent, analytical player would make that move.

I also don't believe him that if he was scum with Vic he wouldn't want a counter claimant, if I was scum with Vic, I'd want a counter claimant. I'd be very easy to keep the town churning, afraid to take a 50/50 shot on lynching a cop, but in the meantime the cop has been exposed. It's just too early in the game to give up the cop for scum. If it was day 5 and our cop had 3 confirmed innocents that he would also release, then I see the value. Not now.

On JI while playing in my mafia game?!?

You're lucky I don't modkill you for that. :biggrin:

Great catch.

must be nice to be JT-- spend your days dicking around Jet websites and managing your fantasy team. :)

These windows are ALWAYS open on my computer, chuckleheads. Along with about 6 others under the Firefox window at the bottom (my work server doesn't work on Google Chrome). So :box:

Vote Count:

SMC (4) - EY, Vicious89x, slats, Norway'sWaddlingMarmaloof

AVM (3) - Pac2566, WoodyPaige, Jets Things

Norway'sWaddlingMarmaloof (2) - Doggin94it, Sharrow

Pac2566 (2) - AVM, Dan X

CTM (1) - SMC

Doggin94it (1) - CTM

With 13 players remaining, it takes 7 votes to cut.

These windows are ALWAYS open on my computer, chuckleheads. Along with about 6 others under the Firefox window at the bottom (my work server doesn't work on Google Chrome). So :box:

You know, calling the mod a chucklehead isn't exactly the best way to talk yourself out of a modkill.

^^^ Unofficial

Well we seem deadlocked...

Excellent deduction there considering there are 13 players in the game and 13 votes cast.

I'm tied in most votes with AVM. While people have made a case against AVM, none have actually made a case against me. None have attempted a logical justification for their vote.

I still believe that at least 1 of the Axis of Evil is scum. It's interesting to me that Doggin & EY (who were both scum last game), have flipped on their tactics from last game. In last game it was Doggin you justified his vote against me based on his absurd Peter Petrelli fetish, while EY pushed for no vote against me. This time, it's Doggin who says we shouldn't vote for me, but EY who has the absurd justification for the vote. Does it mean anything? I don't know. Ironic? Yes.

FYI, I believe Vicious said that his closing on the new house is Tomorrow, so I believe he'll be out of the mix for most of that day. If Vicious has anything to prep today for the closing, he may be on a tight schedule today as well.

My point is, that if we want anything from Vicious, it may be until Friday until we get anything back from him.

Excellent deduction there considering there are 13 players in the game and 13 votes cast.

I'm tied in most votes with AVM. While people have made a case against AVM, none have actually made a case against me. None have attempted a logical justification for their vote.

I still believe that at least 1 of the Axis of Evil is scum. It's interesting to me that Doggin & EY (who were both scum last game), have flipped on their tactics from last game. In last game it was Doggin you justified his vote against me based on his absurd Peter Petrelli fetish, while EY pushed for no vote against me. This time, it's Doggin who says we shouldn't vote for me, but EY who has the absurd justification for the vote. Does it mean anything? I don't know. Ironic? Yes.

FYI, I believe Vicious said that his closing on the new house is Tomorrow, so I believe he'll be out of the mix for most of that day. If Vicious has anything to prep today for the closing, he may be on a tight schedule today as well.

My point is, that if we want anything from Vicious, it may be until Friday until we get anything back from him.

Until vicious has information that we don't I don't know why anyone would follow him anywhere...

and fu on the first part ;)

Until vicious has information that we don't I don't know why anyone would follow him anywhere...

and fu on the first part ;)

I agree on the first part. Just an FYI. I'm not waiting on anything from Vicious, but I distinctly remember him mentioning the closing (a real-world thing).

Anyway, since my previous post I saw you switched your vote off of AVM onto Doggin. Interesting theory. As I said, at least 1 of the Axis of Evil is scum. It could be Doggin, it could be you, it could be EY.

hogwash..

There's no way you try your luck guessing against Vicious when you can get the sure kill of another. If the most likely thing happens and you miss, now you have 2 confirmed innocent running around and are way behind..

No, not when Slats is already garnering "maybe he's the godfather" suspicion which will only build if he survives the night. I take out one of the 3 of us. Besides, mafia needs to take out the doc, and slats isn't giving off that vibe.

But that's just me.

These are the 3 main votes against me. Note that all are harping on "Robocop" although it was an EY creation. Further, EY is known as an analytical player, but this is the basis of his vote.

Vote SMC.

This is the biggest load of **** I've ever read in a mafia game.

Slats, like EY and other, could be very valuable to the town. I'm telling I really think we're wasting our time with slats. I'm open to being voted on if that's the way the town feels but all I can say is you're wasting your time there as well. IMO we gain just as much from lynching SMC as we do myself. He's experienced, intelligent and the robocop role comment seems suspicious. Also cast the hammer on JB after staying away from it the entire time.

It makes me look bad, it makes me look terrible, but

Vote: SMC

I'm gonna

vote: SMC

The robocop thing was funny, but I didn't get the persistence on the subject after it was laughed at. Otherwise, he's been pretty low key. Not sure what to think about his lack of Jet Babe vote. He asked how long should we give her at 8:51 PM on 4/16...

Then didn't come back with this until 1:48 PM on 4/17...

Suspicious, at least. The robocop thing could be a deflection of a SK role. The JB thing could be scum looking to not end up in the final vote tally on a clean player.

Plus the early train on AVM reads like a who's who of players I'm suspicious of, so I'd rather jump aboard the SMC train and see where it heads.

Norway doesn't rely on Robocop. Instead, his reason is as follows:

No worries, my bus leaves at 6:10 and gets me home at 6:40. Took a poop, talked about settlement issues with the fiance, and here I am.

Vote SMC

Mostly for him trying to increase the heat and lead a push against Vic after the votes started to pile up on him (being SMC). It seemed that there was a consenus to let Vic's role claim layout for a bit, so why stir the pot? It seems to distract from his own worsening situation, to me.

The interesting part of this is that Norway claims that the votes "started to pile on" but I only had 3 votes at the time he voted. In fact, those votes had been cast days ago.

Further, I really don't see how I had "lead a push" against Vic after the votes started to pile on me considering I voted for Vicious BEFORE anyone voted for me.

No, not when Slats is already garnering "maybe he's the godfather" suspicion which will only build if he survives the night. I take out one of the 3 of us. Besides, mafia needs to take out the doc, and slats isn't giving off that vibe.

But that's just me.

Don't agree. Nobody is going to lynch Slats anytime soon seeing as how he's confirmed outside of a 5% chance that he's the godfather and Vic just happened to investigate him first. Even I, who think it's quite possible he is the godfather, wouldn't recommend killing him until we see what else turns up dead over the next few days..

Further, whacking slats tonight and him popping innocent will only raise the burgeoning suspicion of me. It's almost a twofer.

Now the doctor point on it's own is a fair, but in order for that to be a valid in this context, you'd have to be suggesting that me, you or EY IS giving off doctor vibes since you argument for not voting smc was solely due to the increased chance of mafia killing whomever Vic investigates tonight. If scum are doc hunting as a top priority, I don't think they're going to restrict themselves to the 3 of us..

Don't agree. Nobody is going to lynch Slats anytime soon seeing as how he's confirmed outside of a 5% chance that he's the godfather and Vic just happened to investigate him first. Even I, who think it's quite possible he is the godfather, wouldn't recommend killing him until we see what else turns up dead over the next few days..

Further, whacking slats tonight and him popping innocent will only raise the burgeoning suspicion of me. It's almost a twofer.

Now the doctor point on it's own is a fair, but in order for that to be a valid in this context, you'd have to be suggesting that me, you or EY IS giving off doctor vibes since you argument for not voting smc was solely due to the increased chance of mafia killing whomever Vic investigates tonight. If scum are doc hunting as a top priority, I don't think they're going to restrict themselves to the 3 of us..

tomato, tomahto.

Hey, mods of the world, at some point I'd like to be on a mafia team with CTM so we can have this strategic battle royale on PM, rather than on-thread :biggrin:

I should clarify this for all. I'll be active today but once I get home tonight the schedule will follow:

More packing tonight

Signing tomorrow/More packing

Friday painting all day

Saturday moving

Sunday cleaning up old apt/furniture delivered/putting together furniture

I'll be on but it may be more "WP" style of 2-3 quick posts and then I'm gone.

I should clarify this for all. I'll be active today but once I get home tonight the schedule will follow:

More packing tonight

Signing tomorrow/More packing

Friday painting all day

Saturday moving

Sunday cleaning up old apt/furniture delivered/putting together furniture

I'll be on but it may be more "WP" style of 2-3 quick posts and then I'm gone.

kaiser+soze.jpg

I have to agree with SMC that the case against him is pretty slim.

Unvote

I also feel that it's a good time for me to choose a side in the CTM v. Doggin situation. My worst fear, of course, is that they're both scum and are staging this strategy argument. It seems like a a lot of work for some distancing, but very doable.

I don't fully understand all of the strategic nuances they've been talking about, but Doggin's play has been scummier anyway. I guess this is gonna seem like I retaliation vote, b/c he voted for me, but I'm not that worried about it. I don't see much a case against me at all, although I know Doggin can lead a succesful voting rush against me with little problem. He has alot of influence (Bill Parcells?).

So I'm gonna go wth CTM and hope he's more Weeb Ewbank than Charley Winner.

Vote - Doggin

Vote Count:

SMC (3) - EY, Vicious89x, slats

Pac2566 (2) - AVM, Dan X

Doggin94it (2) - CTM, Norway'sWaddlingMarmaloof

CTM (1) - SMC

I have to agree with SMC that the case against him is pretty slim.

Unvote

I also feel that it's a good time for me to choose a side in the CTM v. Doggin situation. My worst fear, of course, is that they're both scum and are staging this strategy argument. It seems like a a lot of work for some distancing, but very doable.

I don't fully understand all of the strategic nuances they've been talking about, but Doggin's play has been scummier anyway. I guess this is gonna seem like I retaliation vote, b/c he voted for me, but I'm not that worried about it. I don't see much a case against me at all, although I know Doggin can lead a succesful voting rush against me with little problem. He has alot of influence (Bill Parcells?).

So I'm gonna go wth CTM and hope he's more Weeb Ewbank than Charley Winner.

Vote - Doggin

Interesting. Care to elaborate on the underlined part?

Because the reason I'm voting for you right now is that your contributions to the game thus far have been: (1) Jokes; (2) long disappearances followed by "I'm catching up and will say something once I do" - but never following through; and (3) votes without much in the way of explanation.

The above is a perfect example of this. You're voting for me, you say my play has been "scummier" - but convieniently fail to identify any particular aspects of my play that you find scummy.

All of which, IMO, adds up to scum trying to give the appearance of participation without actually saying anything that could trip alarms down the road.

Vote Count:

SMC (4) - EY, Vicious89x, slats, Norway'sWaddlingMarmaloof

Pac2566 (2) - AVM, Dan X

CTM (1) - SMC

Doggin94it (1) - CTM

Spread out even more--wow, we're lost as all get out.

I still think there are scum on me, as I think they THINK I'm a Vig, so killing me would win trust.

After SMC's axis of evil rant...it makes me more inclined to believe he just goes on rants about way out there ideas (explaining robocop?). Plus he was a bit wild and crazy last game too.

Norway and Doggin' have essentially been opposite in terms of activity this game. Norway very active early (though it's been noted he was more of a jokester, as was I), and disappearing as of late, and I'm aware he's posted to explain that--but just stating. Doggin' on the other hand was gone early, and back to his usual self recently. He posted, jokingly, "could I have created this whole Passover thing up?" Distancing tactic? Hmmm ;)

Vic claimed Cop, so he has to survive the day regardless. Also claims slats is innocent, so that buys him AT LEAST a day.

Woody and Jets Thing have played the same all game, very quiet. According to everyone here, thats how they always play, so it's difficult to pick up anything on it. Worth watching later. Feel decent about Woody, little more concerned about JT, though he'd be way, way down on the list, and only as a future precaution.

Sharrow has also been very quiet all game, but has posts with value everytime he does post. One of the few I get a pretty good innocent vibe from.

EY has played solid all game and hasn't done anything extremely scummy. After being so upfront last game as scum, IF he were scum, I think he'd go in the opposite direction as to not draw attention to himself. However, I don't get a truely scummy feeling from him either. As I've stated though, it's the guys like EY you need to worry about when they gain your trust.

Dan got some slack early on, as did myself and slats, but has remained consistent with the difference in play. It's easy to harp on drastic change in play (and usually should be), but 2nd time players I can speak from experience are learning the game a little better, learning the players, and are naturally going to change some, unless they are just the quieter type overall. Pretty sold on Dan at this point.

CTM and Pac I group together only because they've been the highest two on the suspicion list for me all day long. CTM switching to Doggin' just as I tied up with SMC is a bit perplexing to me, and could show either distancing short term, or innocence in that he's doing what he's been talking about all along--is more suspicious of Doggin so he's switching over to him. Pac stretched it with both me and Vic early in the day (long before the role-reveal), and our battle has been well documented anyways.

Crusher and JiF are not in the game, but are apparently having great bonding time :P

I think I got everyone--those are my thoughts, just so they're all out there

Archived