New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

I don't know how you could have any read on sharrow. he's got like 50 posts out of 2000. I don't really have one, but my 2 other favorites (besides you) are slats (whose been confirmed innocent by our cop) or AVM (who has a roleclaim I'm buying). He's better then a random lynch imo..

And I am not advocating a rapid lynch, I will surely unvote if we haven't heard from him later this afternoon and he's at L-2...

Yes, he has like 50 posts - but they've typically (or, at least enough to make an impression) been high game content posts with analysis that makes some sense to me, and I've just been getting a very innocent vibe from him throughout.

You meant he one you helped prod along?

If scum manipulated it they left evidence of their manipulation, that was kind of the point. Letting everyone hang out with 2 votes until Bleedin deadlines us would've given us no info and potentially killed our doc and cop.

Don't act like this is is a course of action I'd recommend if we weren't facing an imminent deadline..

Yes, that one. And I know I helped prod it along, and that you wouldn't do this (scum or otherwise) other than at deadline. That's not why I'm suspicious of you.

It just strikes me that given how manipulable this is, the odds that one of our top two-four is actually scum is small. Of the folks outside that range, you and norway are (and have been) the guys who I've been most worried about.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was thinking about this today as well.

You know who talks to the media a lot? Mr. Laverneus Coles.

You know who would make the perfect serial killer? Mr. Laverneus Coles.

I agree 1000x...

here's my problem. I can't see Bleedin gimping scum or a 1 man team (Sk) by giving them a post restriction. I know I'm playing setup, but that's what my gut is telling me..

I'm also aware that AVM could be lying about the whole thing, but he was fairly consistent with his self-aggrandizement..

No.

Jokes aside Sharrow your vote is a mistake. Why did you spend a paragraph on how shady AVM's reveal is and vote for me? That being said, vote your conscious...

Cause before his reveal, I didn't think AVM was scum. It just puts him higher on my list, it doesn't put him at the top yet.

I never said Vic was scum? I voted him to see how he'd react..

I've backed off you, I still hold out hope for Slats, and I'm neutral on AVM..

Theories evolve, what can I say. They were day 1 theories that turned into day 2 debates, some of which went nowhere or stalled. Doggin is my current favorite, this time tomorrow it could be someone else as new info comes in. All of this is part of the process. I wouldn't be trying to find scum if I didn't pressure people.

God you newbies drive me nuts sometimes, someone pokes around a bit and you react as if your manhood was questioned ;)

Haha, chill out. :D All I was saying to Pac was, you've been wrong several times before, so why would I just take your word for it when you say you feel like he's innocent, as Pac was suggesting we should do. I know people make mistakes, but there's no denying you should be looked into if Pac flips scum. I'm not accusing you of continuing to claim that I (DanXAVMSlats ;)) am scum.

SMC (6) CTM, Doggin, Dan X, Jets Things, Vicious, EY

Pac (5) Dan X, AVM, Woody, Doggin, EY

AVM (5) Pac, Jets Things, Woody, Norway, EY

Sharrow (5) CTM, Dan X, Pac, Woody, Norway

Doggin (3) CTM, SMC, Pac

CTM (2) SMC, Jets Things

Norway (2) AVM, Doggin

EY (1) SMC

Jets Things (1) Norway

My votes are confirmed.

Yes, he has like 50 posts - but they've typically (or, at least enough to make an impression) been high game content posts with analysis that makes some sense to me, and I've just been getting a very innocent vibe from him throughout.

I really don't have any vibe and don't anticipate he'll be the lynch today. It's a pet peeve of mine when scum stake by on minimal activity and don't make waves (one of the reasons I always want to vote jets Things, as he does a great job as scum), so I figure if anything, the message will be received that we're willing to lynch you if don't participate..

Yes, that one. And I know I helped prod it along, and that you wouldn't do this (scum or otherwise) other than at deadline. That's not why I'm suspicious of you.

It just strikes me that given how manipulable this is, the odds that one of our top two-four is actually scum is small. Of the folks outside that range, you and norway are (and have been) the guys who I've been most worried about.

I don't disagree, but as I said, I think they had to extend themselves a bit more given how quickly we asked it of them. They didn't get a bunch of time to scheme as to who they should put their votes on strategically, nor were they given a chance to be extra careful not to give anything away.. Might not yield anything, but it's better then going to random with nothing to look at..

Haha, chill out. :D All I was saying to Pac was, you've been wrong several times before, so why would I just take your word for it when you say you feel like he's innocent, as Pac was suggesting we should do. I know people make mistakes, but there's no denying you should be looked into if Pac flips scum. I'm not accusing you of continuing to claim that I (DanXAVMSlats ;)) am scum.

I think Pac is saying that since we have a history of getting each other lynched, the fact I'm not taking this opportunity to get rid of the annoying little twit should be a good vouch for him..

And as I said, and now you and Sharrow have echoed, what he's also saying is that we could be teammates. Which is why I wasn't a fan of that post and said it would haunt me if he flips scum... ;)

Theories evolve, what can I say. They were day 1 theories that turned into day 2 debates, some of which went nowhere or stalled. Doggin is my current favorite, this time tomorrow it could be someone else as new info comes in. All of this is part of the process. I wouldn't be trying to find scum if I didn't pressure people.

God you newbies drive me nuts sometimes, someone pokes around a bit and you react as if your manhood was questioned ;)

Wow, that's a pretty defensive reply to a "CTM's been wrong before" post

Do you guys think JVOR would have voted JB right after Pac if they were scum teammates? I remember last game, we made an effort not to vote right after each other. Or was that just EY's strategy based on the circumstances of him being out in the open?

Wow, that's a pretty defensive reply to a "CTM's been wrong before" post

Meh.. What started it was him saying I was wrong about Vic, which wasn't true, then it occured to me that I wasn't even proven wrong about Slats or AVM yet, which needed to be addressed cause we can't let the perception take hold that these guys are now 100% confirmed..

Do you guys think JVOR would have voted JB right after Pac if they were scum teammates? I remember last game, we made an effort not to vote right after each other. Or was that just EY's strategy based on the circumstances of him being out in the open?

it can happen if the scum are newbies or aren't communicating...

usually you take great pains to spread the vote out, and preferable keep a few of your guys on different wagons.. Anything to distance. unless of course, you are trying to create a wifom, which isn't the case here I don't think..

Good catch, it's unlikely but not impossible that would've happened

how can I say this without BG 86ing me...

I am not who DanxAVMSlatsSharrow think I am.. In fact I know who our Bones is.

Unvote: Pac

He just claimed a role. Either he's claiming he's the doc or another finder. We need an explanation here.

He just claimed a role. Either he's claiming he's the doc or another finder. We need an explanation here.

Given the last 3 doozies we've had, with all the power roles and what not, I find it hard to believe Bleedin has a vanilla game here..

I expect a lot more "reveals" like these..

I'm all excited about my grand role reveal this game. There's no doubt that I'll be coming out of the blocks differently than I did these first two game. Live and learn.

Cause before his reveal, I didn't think AVM was scum. It just puts him higher on my list, it doesn't put him at the top yet.

I agree 100%. I really had very little on AVM before that. The one poster with a post requirement, but no role attached. It's extremely fishy.

how can I say this without BG 86ing me...

I am not who DanxAVMSlatsSharrow think I am.. In fact I know who our Bones is.

Well, I think you have to spill now. BG said no names, no direct quotes, but role reveals are allowed.

I can't say with hundred percent certainty that this is accurate but I'm pretty sure it is.

Given the last 3 doozies we've had, with all the power roles and what not, I find it hard to believe Bleedin has a vanilla game here..

I expect a lot more "reveals" like these..

SORRY, I'M AN IDIOT

Vote: Sharrow

I didn't vote Pac before so I can't unvote him. Have no idea why I thought I did. My bad. I have voted Sharrow so I'll keep my vote there.

I'd rather be lynched than mod killed.

You can describe your role dimwit, you just can't say the player name.

Vicious revealed himself to be the finder as the NFL Player rep. He didn't tell us the player's name.

You can describe your role dimwit, you just can't say the player name.

Vicious revealed himself to be the finder as the NFL Player rep. He didn't tell us the player's name.

ah so you got a copy of my role description as well?

MOD RULING:

Sorry for not getting back to this sooner, but it kind of got lost in the shuffle for me. However, it hasn't come up yet, so its not much of an issue to start enforcing this now. Due to some rather compelling arguments given to me, I am going to ban the reveal of player names in this game. You are still free to reveal your alignment, summary of your role, etc. However, it was pointed out to me a way the name reveals could be used in a way not necessarily in the spirit of the game and create an unfair advantage for one side over the other.

If anyone has any questions or concerns about this, you can feel free to contact me via PM.

Pac - spill!

I'd rather be lynched than mod killed.

Vic claimed his role. You are allowed to claim your role..

Look at what Vic said and he wasn't mod killed

Meh, I do think this is the best way. I'm more valuable alive to this town then dead. Plus I got some suspicions on people based on today's discussions

Clearly I'm the finder or in this case of this game I'm not going to name what player I am but I'm the Jets NFLPA Rep. I investigated Slats. He flipped innocent, which is why I've been saying "Leave him be" but at the same time could be a godfather.

You got 2 choices here IMO, if we don't trust me or slats chose one of us to kill. If I die I'm exonerated in death, if Slats dies and is innocent, I'm still exonerated. If he dies and flips scum or even better, godfather... well I might not be "proven" but feasibly I could be because he flipped innocent to me.

Also if there is a counter claimant I'd urge you guys to lynch them (obviously) but if you feel the need go ahead and kill me.

Fine if it gets me killed so be it.. I'm a scout and can find player attributes ie role.

I found out who someone was last night.

No player names, so you are fine...

You are a rolefinder then..

Can be good or evil frankly, but worth keeping you alive..

crap..

Fine if it gets me killed so be it.. I'm a scout and can find player attributes ie role.

I found out who someone was last night.

Is a scout different than an investigator?

Like, Vic would get 'guilty or innocent' and you'd get 'doctor' and 'finder' and 'serial killer'?

If you've found a role that's good for the town, you should probably not reveal it.

This sounds very similar to Vicious' role. Is this a counter claim?

His claim confused me but I didn't think it odd that there could potentially be more than 1. I'm not counterclaiming anything but I've been watching him closely to say the least. Why do you think I sarcastically was referring to him as our "hero".

Archived