David Wright in Over-rated.

T0mShane

There, I admit it. After staunchly defending your Dave for four years, it is time to admit that Dave is much like alot of pseudo-stars in that he'll stuff a stat sheet, but will never win dick because he poops himself in the clutch. Watching him try to bat late in a tight game is painful, and I hate him now.

It feels good to get this off my chest.

Thank you.

There, I admit it. After staunchly defending your Dave for four years, it is time to admit that Dave is much like alot of pseudo-stars in that he'll stuff a stat sheet, but will never win dick because he poops himself in the clutch. Watching him try to bat late in a tight game is painful, and I hate him now.

It feels good to get this off my chest.

Thank you.

How dare you attack a fan favorite!

Babe Ruth himself could not live up to the hype that Wright generates.

But that comes from playing in the largest media market, being white and affable.

He is a very good hitter who is best served as being a gap hitter with 30+ homer power. He places too much pressure on himself, but he is still relatively young.

Is he mythical? No. Is he very good good? Yes. And he does have the chance to be the greatest position player the Mets have ever developed. Tells you a little bit there.

he needs to do better than .216 in the post season and help his team from choking in Sept.

until then....

His Post season .333 in one series and .160 in the 2nd is too small a sample size to label him by. He also has a career average of over .325 with a OPS of over 950 in Aug-Sept.....ya know when the Mets were collapsing.

His Post season .333 in one series and .160 in the 2nd is too small a sample size to label him by. He also has a career average of over .325 with a OPS of over 950 in Aug-Sept.....ya know when the Mets were collapsing.

Sorry. Im bitter. He was a big part of the team the last 3 years that performed below their ability. I expect more out of my superstars.

Sad thing is I love him. But he's reeks of the mets failure stink.

Sorry. Im bitter. He was a big part of the team the last 3 years that performed below their ability. I expect more out of my superstars.

Sad thing is I love him. But he's reeks of the mets failure stink.

I hear ya and am right there with you. He had one huge AB in which he failed magnified last year. Francesa decided to make it a feature story that he was not clutch to take focus off of the Yanks missing the post season.

David Wright needs to get some XBH's for my effing fantasy team

there used to be Met fans on here who said Wright was better than Arod...EXCEPT THEY ALL SHUT UP AFTER 2007 :D

There were many Yankee fans as well if you recall. Maybe Wright needs a visit to cousin Vinny.

Yankee fans are the worst when it comes to ARod.

Arod* is the best talent in baseball over the past 13 years

now, he used steroids during 3 of them. but Bonds* used roids too, same with Sosa* Mcgwire* and several other stars.

the Steroid thing stung for awhile but after awhile you get over it...it's 2009 now.

How are you sure it was only for 3 years?

because that's what A-rod's public-image advisors told him to say?

quite frankly I don't care anymoe, it's 2009. Just throw asterisks on anyone who's guilty and apply them to future stories. Let's worry about 2009--A-rod's still the best player and the league will be alot happier when he's out.

How are you sure it was only for 3 years?

We will never know with any of the players from about 1997 through 2003. And even after that for those who still used HGH.

So, we can either lump all the players together, or just take everyone at face value based on what we know through admissions, reports, testimony to Congress (i.e.; McGuire), etc.

Babe Ruth himself could not live up to the hype that Wright generates.

But that comes from playing in the largest media market, being white and affable.

He is a very good hitter who is best served as being a gap hitter with 30+ homer power. He places too much pressure on himself, but he is still relatively young.

Is he mythical? No. Is he very good good? Yes. And he does have the chance to be the greatest position player the Mets have ever developed. Tells you a little bit there.

Except for Jeter, MO, and Namath, I don't think there is a player who played for a NY profession sports team that did not equal the hype about him

Except for Jeter, MO, and Namath, I don't think there is a player who played for a NY profession sports team that did not equal the hype about him

As a Met fan, I find it a little difficult to swallow, honestly.

It comes with the territory, and I am not asking the Mets to trade him, and he simply a pawn in much of this.

I don't believe that Wright looks to put himself out there too much. He had a problem with that a couple of off seasons ago, but I believe he curtailed it.

All and all though, he is a media darling, and that is tough to take even on your own team. Win a championship and it is more palpable

We will never know with any of the players from about 1997 through 2003. And even after that for those who still used HGH.

So, we can either lump all the players together, or just take everyone at face value based on what we know through admissions, reports, testimony to Congress (i.e.; McGuire), etc.

They need to do something.

Bud should just make a proclamation that from 1990ish until 2005ish will forever be known as the Steroid ERA. It will go along with the Dead Ball ERA, the Pre-Integration ERA and the Pre- Free Agency ERA. The game is different during these ERAs. The records are what they are and that it is time to move on.

Archived