JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me, it's the exact same likelihood of the scum NKing tonight as it is that the cult will convert successfully - or already has. It is a definite that there is only 1 scum left, while it is not clear whether the cult has 2 members or will grow to 2 tonight. Same difference as the scum NKing. Unless you can somehow guarantee that the cult has a restriction and can't convert and has only one member right now.

What I meant by saying I'd prefer scum to win over cult was that we've been operating under the mindset that both scum and town have been cooperating to eliminate cult. Vito for example made very good points about both you and Tony, and at the time he was putting in a lot of effort with me to figure out who was cult. Same with Ace (and Tony somewhat later on), legitimately listening to both sides of my debate with Fredo. So I feel the town has gotten more help overall from the scum this game than the cult.

As I said, unless you can explain to me how the cult has only one member and can't convert more, I see it as exactly the same probability either way - if not worse letting cult survive because there's a chance there's already 2 of you. You coming after me so hard and Fredo counterclaiming me are actions that made the town's job much harder, whereas the scum trying to find cult members killing cult at night made our job much easier.

As for my comment about your attitude, I understand it's a game and we don't have to be loveydovey all the time. Jabs here and there are understood, I just felt you were going a bit overboard. I appreciate being able to debate with people, like Fredo, in a respectful manner. It's fine if you enjoy insulting people in a not entirely serious way. All I'm saying is it's silly to expect me to side with you over Ace - when I see it as the same likelihood either of you will win - if I personally find it tiring to debate with one of you but have had no issues with the other.

And considering my initial request to be culted was fake, I don't think my reveal was against the spirit of the game. It's the same as the scum/cult lying to the town, I don't see the problem with the town lying to the scum/cult. Doggin can correct me if I'm wrong though, maybe I'm missing a way of looking at it.

To me, it's the exact same likelihood of the scum NKing tonight as it is that the cult will convert successfully - or already has. It is a definite that there is only 1 scum left, while it is not clear whether the cult has 2 members or will grow to 2 tonight. Same difference as the scum NKing. Unless you can somehow guarantee that the cult has a restriction and can't convert and has only one member right now.

What I meant by saying I'd prefer scum to win over cult was that we've been operating under the mindset that both scum and town have been cooperating to eliminate cult. Vito for example made very good points about both you and Tony, and at the time he was putting in a lot of effort with me to figure out who was cult. Same with Ace (and Tony somewhat later on), legitimately listening to both sides of my debate with Fredo. So I feel the town has gotten more help overall from the scum this game than the cult.

As I said, unless you can explain to me how the cult has only one member and can't convert more, I see it as exactly the same probability either way - if not worse letting cult survive because there's a chance there's already 2 of you. You coming after me so hard and Fredo counterclaiming me are actions that made the town's job much harder, whereas the scum trying to find cult members killing cult at night made our job much easier.

As for my comment about your attitude, I understand it's a game and we don't have to be loveydovey all the time. Jabs here and there are understood, I just felt you were going a bit overboard. I appreciate being able to debate with people, like Fredo, in a respectful manner. It's fine if you enjoy insulting people in a not entirely serious way. All I'm saying is it's silly to expect me to side with you over Ace - when I see it as the same likelihood either of you will win - if I personally find it tiring to debate with one of you but have had no issues with the other.

And considering my initial request to be culted was fake, I don't think my reveal was against the spirit of the game. It's the same as the scum/cult lying to the town, I don't see the problem with the town lying to the scum/cult. Doggin can correct me if I'm wrong though, maybe I'm missing a way of looking at it.

Dude, no hard feelings, I just think it was a sleazy thing not in the spirit of the game and it persists. No biggie brother, its all good.

And for the record, you are wrong. If the cult = the town and mafia combined, the cult wins. Therefore, there is no other set up possible other then CL, Mafia, 2 townies. That said, you will lose if you dont kill mafia today. Plain and simple I dont get how you are not following this set up.

For the last time, if mafia lives today, a successful NK is game over. If the cult lives today, you still have a chance of lynching him tomorrow. It is entirely reasonable to suspect that a few of the players are not convertible and its the very reason why all of us are alive right now still playing this game and the CL is operating alone. Brother Virgil, its simple. You are making the wrong choice, but you wont listen and you will lose consequently.

I promise I wont tell you I told you so.

Dude, no hard feelings, I just think it was a sleazy thing not in the spirit of the game and it persists. No biggie brother, its all good.

And for the record, you are wrong. If the cult = the town and mafia combined, the cult wins. Therefore, there is no other set up possible other then CL, Mafia, 2 townies. That said, you will lose if you dont kill mafia today. Plain and simple I dont get how you are not following this set up.

For the last time, if mafia lives today, a successful NK is game over. If the cult lives today, you still have a chance of lynching him tomorrow. It is entirely reasonable to suspect that a few of the players are not convertible and its the very reason why all of us are alive right now still playing this game and the CL is operating alone. Brother Virgil, its simple. You are making the wrong choice, but you wont listen and you will lose consequently.

Can I have that same guarantee?

Can I have that same guarantee?

Tony, its really simple my man. You lynch me the mafia will win.

I cant explain it any better. Look at the math, look at the make up and look at the actions. We should be scum hunting. The town will lose if we dont lynch Ace today. Its not that hard to figure out.

Do what you want my man, its only a game, I wont say I told you so but when Ace wins, I will post a big smiley face and you all will know why. And no offense to over sensative Virgil, but he is a moron for following Ace, and I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Doggin: Can you clarify whether the cult wins if they equal the number of town + scum? Earlier you said they must outnumber us to win, but what happens if they equal us?

It seems like you're trying to tell us you're the only one left and can't convert anyone else, but if that's the case I don't understand why you're fighting so hard not to get lynched if you see yourself losing no matter what.

My feeling is there's still a chance for you to win if we keep you alive, possibly because there's 2 of you and possibly because you know you can try converting someone tonight. Which again, is the same scenario with me trying to guess who you'll try to convert versus trying to guess who the scum will shoot. Unless you can elaborate on the conversion restrictions you're facing. Were you explicitly told certain players weren't convertible? Have you tried converting Tony before?

Doggin: Can you clarify whether the cult wins if they equal the number of town + scum? Earlier you said they must outnumber us to win, but what happens if they equal us?

It seems like you're trying to tell us you're the only one left and can't convert anyone else, but if that's the case I don't understand why you're fighting so hard not to get lynched if you see yourself losing no matter what.

My feeling is there's still a chance for you to win if we keep you alive, possibly because there's 2 of you and possibly because you know you can try converting someone tonight. Which again, is the same scenario with me trying to guess who you'll try to convert versus trying to guess who the scum will shoot. Unless you can elaborate on the conversion restrictions you're facing. Were you explicitly told certain players weren't convertible? Have you tried converting Tony before?

Whoah, whoah, whoah Turkish....I'm devoutly straight and not nearly heavy enough!

The cult wins on any game day on which, when they day opens, they equal or outnumber the scum + town

Okay then, unvote Jimmy until he explains his conversion restrictions and can explain how we know he won't convert someone tonight.

Alright, you got me Virgil, ya son of a bitch. I am the CL. I have tried to recruit every single one of you and I am not allowed. I have failed to recruit every single night since night 2.

If you recall Doggin's write up, he said "kind of cult like". I have no "cult" left and I can no longer build it. I want to take down scum and at least let the town win because I have nothing left to play for. What you guys need to do is lynch Ace so he doenst have a chance to NK one of us. I will be unsuccessful in my recruitment of one of you. And you lynch me tomorrow. Town wins. Thats why I have been so adamant about killing Ace. I just didnt want to reveal becaus I thought I could spin this on Tony S and realize you have defeated me. Nice work.

Doggin kind of ****ed me. I am the most powerless CL in the world, I guess thats why its "kind of cult like". And it makes sense because I recruited my lover Crusher night 1....lol...and my nemesis CTM on night 2. All down hill since then, I think I got lucky finding them right away. Problem is, it made me play aggressive thinking that I was going to get more recruits. So I was trying to form distance and then recruit that particular player. Thats what I did with Frank/CTM and it back fired when that ****face spoke too much. And then everyone else I attempted failed.

I cant remember night by night, but I think it went like this...Fredo, Frank, Joe, Virgil, Tony S., Marcellus, and last night Ace. Its kind of bull **** and I am a little pissed, so lets just defeat the mafia and thats all I have left. There is no way I could side with Ace after pushing him this hard. So I want you and Tony to win.

Vote Ace, kill the final scum. I will unsuccessfully try to recruit one of you guys tonight and lynch me tomorrow. Its that easy the town wins. I wasnt lying when I was trying to make that happen, I just wanted it to be a little interesting when it happened. I'm over it now.

Sorry Doggin, I was trying to wait as long as I could to make my next bad decision.

Vote - JiF Conway

Dude, are you dense? Wow. I just laid it all out for you and you are still voting me.

I have nothing else to say. Vote me and you lose. Holy ****, this is hilarious.

Sorry Doggin, I was trying to wait as long as I could to make my next bad decision.

Vote - JiF Conway

Wait, wait, are you the final mafia member? I seriously doubted it with the whole Vito fiasco, but that is the only way this makes any sense. I just told you I cant recruit you or Virgil or Ace. This is literally a no brainer.

You are either the final mafia member, or dont take this the wrong way....a moron. I am handing you the game cat butt.

I know, why would you possibly lie in this game?

I am not lying. I have no reason to lie this way. If I was going to lie, I wouldnt have revealed my role. I would have kept trying to spin it back on you.

Ask me questions, dont assume I am lying. Its over. I have been defeated. I cant recruit anymore. The only chance I had left was to make it to the end of the game...which obviouisly isnt going to happen...so I revealed to take down Ace...there is no way I could try to take the side of the mafia after pushing him, so I am trying to help you out.

Take it or leave it...but I am not lying.

I wish my lover was alive to defend me, but he knows that I am not lying. I talked to him about everyone one of my recruits and we failed on them all.

I wont show my PM's to Doggin, but I have tried to recruit everyone left in this game, and I am not allowed.

I wish my lover was alive to defend me, but he knows that I am not lying. I talked to him about everyone one of my recruits and we failed on them all.

I wont show my PM's to Doggin, but I have tried to recruit everyone left in this game, and I am not allowed.

When your conversions fail, are you told simply that it failed, or are you told that the player is unable to be converted?

I'm wondering if Vito blocked you when you tried converting Tony before. (Sorry, don't have time to double check whether Vito was still alive when you say that happened.)

Interesting that Tony is voting you now when he wasn't ready to vote you before. I'm also not feeling 100% on Ace as scum, but Tony did start the train on Vito when he was about to be lynched himself. Don't see why he would bother at that point.

I'll be back tonight to vote. Sorry to everyone the game is dragging on, it's a very busy week for me.

Looking at your list again, I believe Vito was indeed alive and may have blocked you. Meaning there's still a chance you could convert Tony successfully tonight.

I'm not feeling very strongly either way, seems like it'll come down to luck this night phase. I'm leaning towards lynching Ace since there's a smaller chance of you converting successfully than there is of him shooting someone.

Think about it, Tony, and if you don't want to change your vote I should be back by 9:30 at the latest, and I'll vote Jimmy if needed.

Wait, wait, are you the final mafia member? I seriously doubted it with the whole Vito fiasco, but that is the only way this makes any sense. I just told you I cant recruit you or Virgil or Ace. This is literally a no brainer.

You are either the final mafia member, or dont take this the wrong way....a moron. I am handing you the game cat butt.

I prefer the term Mongoloid-American, thank you very much. :confused:

Looking at your list again, I believe Vito was indeed alive and may have blocked you. Meaning there's still a chance you could convert Tony successfully tonight.

I'm not feeling very strongly either way, seems like it'll come down to luck this night phase. I'm leaning towards lynching Ace since there's a smaller chance of you converting successfully than there is of him shooting someone.

Think about it, Tony, and if you don't want to change your vote I should be back by 9:30 at the latest, and I'll vote Jimmy if needed.

I don't know, I'm a roleless townie, why would he not be able to convert me? Vito, the scum role-blocker, sure.

When your conversions fail, are you told simply that it failed, or are you told that the player is unable to be converted?

I'm wondering if Vito blocked you when you tried converting Tony before. (Sorry, don't have time to double check whether Vito was still alive when you say that happened.)

Interesting that Tony is voting you now when he wasn't ready to vote you before. I'm also not feeling 100% on Ace as scum, but Tony did start the train on Vito when he was about to be lynched himself. Don't see why he would bother at that point.

I'll be back tonight to vote. Sorry to everyone the game is dragging on, it's a very busy week for me.

When my conversions failed, Doggin tells me...

You are not allowed to convert that player, conversion failed.

Its really throwing me off that Tony read my post and was so willing to vote me immediately.

I am literally handing you guys the game.

Give me a sec to look back, I am going to be somewhat busy this afternoon...which is a good thing...but I think I tried Tony S. the night after Vito died...I cant remember exactly. I will check my PM's and see the chronology.

I prefer the term Mongoloid-American, thank you very much. :confused:

I'm not trying to be a dick cat butt, but how on earth do you read that post and immediately vote me? I am handing you and Virgil the game...assuming you are a townie like you claim, which I am questioning at this point because this move literally makes zero sense.

Read my reveal and everything I have posted since. There are no holes, this is 100% the truth and if you follow my lead, you guys will win. Its that simple. Notice how Ace isnt touching this.

And once again, even if you think I am lying, which for some crazy reason you do, the chances are better for you to prevent against a convert then it is to protect vs. a NK.

Brother, this is really simple, I dont know what else to tell you. Seriously think about this because its literally going to cost you the game. You obviously arent taking this in through the right hole. Regurgitate and reprocess and get back to me, because you are not thinking correctly.

When my conversions failed, Doggin tells me...

You are not allowed to convert that player, conversion failed.

Its really throwing me off that Tony read my post and was so willing to vote me immediately.

I am literally handing you guys the game.

Give me a sec to look back, I am going to be somewhat busy this afternoon...which is a good thing...but I think I tried Tony S. the night after Vito died...I cant remember exactly. I will check my PM's and see the chronology.

I'm not trying to be a dick cat butt, but how on earth do you read that post and immediately vote me? I am handing you and Virgil the game...assuming you are a townie like you claim, which I am questioning at this point because this move literally makes zero sense.

Read my reveal and everything I have posted since. There are no holes, this is 100% the truth and if you follow my lead, you guys will win. Its that simple. Notice how Ace isnt touching this.

And once again, even if you think I am lying, which for some crazy reason you do, the chances are better for you to prevent against a convert then it is to protect vs. a NK.

Brother, this is really simple, I dont know what else to tell you. Seriously think about this because its literally going to cost you the game. throYou obviously arent taking this in through the right hole. Regurgitate and reprocess and get back to me, because you are not thinking correctly.

That's what he said.

You are extremely fun to play this game with, Jiffy Conway. :P

OK, I'll re-think, re-read, etc. Sorry Doggin the Bataan Death March or Mafia game modding is not yet over. :bag:

That's what he said.

You are extremely fun to play this game with, Jiffy Conway. :P

OK, I'll re-think, re-read, etc. Sorry Doggin the Bataan Death March or Mafia game modding is not yet over. :bag:

I try to make it interesting! No joke, look it over my man. I am not leading you down the wrong path here. I got nothing left. I am shell of my Cult Leader self and I am literally handing you victory.

FWIW, any jabs or insults I make are all in good spirit. I just like to have fun. I love you all, but dont think that any of you will ever each Crusher level feelings. He makes the hair on my ass stick straight out! I am sure you can dig it cat butt.

Well Virgil, if you think Ace is the place, I might along. I can only assume that you really are the healer and are town. Ace, I'd hope, would be mopre helpful at this stage if he was town. I really made a mess of things by pushing for the wang-sniffers.

And if there were 2 cult left there, it would already be over, so Virgil must be ok, right? Ace has just done such a masterful job of stayting under the radar I don't know what to think.

Gonna think on it a bit longer.

I try to make it interesting! No joke, look it over my man. I am not leading you down the wrong path here. I got nothing left. I am shell of my Cult Leader self and I am literally handing you victory.

FWIW, any jabs or insults I make are all in good spirit. I just like to have fun. I love you all, but dont think that any of you will ever each Crusher level feelings. He makes the hair on my ass stick straight out! I am sure you can dig it cat butt.

Horrible, horrible visual. :confused:

Man, a neutered, pro-town Cult Leader at end game. What a lucky, lucky thing for us!

Ok guys I feel it is necessary to be honest with you guys: I am the final member of the JI team. And for several days now (even before Vito was taken out) our main priority has been to take out cult. Clearly we haven't done a good enough job because Jimmy is still here and despite his posts conceding defeat he's still as dangerous to the town as I am. Just because his team has a different name doesn't mean he is somehow less "scum" than I am.

Tony, Virgil ask yourselves this: Why would I take out Fredo last night? Wouldn't the uncertainy surrounding 2 people claiming doc be to my advantage on the last day? Wouldn't this day go by a lot easier for me since instead of me vs JiFfy Conway it was Fredo vs Virgil? The reason I bring this up is because Jimmy calling himself the "most powerless CL in the world" is laughable at best considering he couldn't be NKed. I know because I attempted to do so just last night. You really think that was the last trick up his sleeve? Notice in his original "reveal" post how he kept saying he'd have an unsuccessful conversion attempt rather than no conversion attempt? If you're gonna make such a big deal about conceding defeat to the town why tell them they can't be converted, yet also tell them you're still gonna try? Do you actually believe he'll submit a night conversion with the intention that it will fail?

Here's the deal. I'm not gonna lie to you guys and say lynching Jimmy guarantees win for you cause it won't. But neither will lynching me, despite what he says. He'll still have an opportunity to convert one of you during the night if I'm lynched, and I'll still have an opportunity to NK one of you if he's lynched.

What's the difference in lynching one of us than? From your standpoint in terms of winning the game, there isn't a difference. But Jimmy has spent the last several days trying to get everyone else to kill Virgil. And Tony over the past few days with the exception of one or two posts Jimmy has tied himself to you so much that not only have I voted for you twice thinking you 2 were the cult partners but I also actually thought for a period there that both claiming docs were town and you and Jimmy were cult.

Jimmy and I have said our pieces and we've both gone all in, but whereas Jimmy is guaranteeing you a win if you vote for me, all I can guarantee you is that Jimmy is still bluffing when he guarantees you a win. Oddly enough voting to let the mafia member live will actually be most in the spirit of honest sportsmanship. I'm challenging Virgil to an legitimate WIFOM showdown. All you and Tony have to do is vote Conway.

Virgil I tried to NK him and Fredo ended up sleeping with the fishes. You really think thats all he's got up his sleeve? You think he's gonna just limp into the night phase, not do anything, and come back during the day tomorrow with "Congratulations guys! Go ahead and kill me now!"?

Archived