JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone else under the impression since we have yet to hear from Ace and Virgil, thats why we havent had a night scene yet?

We know Fredo had to have protected himself and he has been participating since the death scene.

Maybe my instincts are spot on, Ace last remaining scum, Virgil is the CL and havent been around to submitt their night actions...unless of course Virgil hasnt submitted his protection on himself. :rolleyes:

Is anyone else under the impression since we have yet to hear from Ace and Virgil, thats why we havent had a night scene yet?

We know Fredo had to have protected himself and he has been participating since the death scene.

Maybe my instincts are spot on, Ace last remaining scum, Virgil is the CL and havent been around to submitt their night actions...unless of course Virgil hasnt submitted his protection on himself. :rolleyes:

So I take it you decided to wear the shirt I bought you for your birthday with the target on the back. Eh?

So I take it you decided to wear the shirt I bought you for your birthday with the target on the back. Eh?

Yes, and I dont even care at this point. This game keeps dragging on. Not to mention we just killed 2 fags imitating us, little did they know that our love cant be duplicated for entertainment sake...so we are probably ****ed anyway.

Holy **** is this game confusing. So Fredo was the liar all along. I owe you an apology Virgil. I have to believe you were telling the truth because we havent seen a counter to the counter and I dont think I have ever seen a game without a Doc or a Healer. Just wished you wouldnt have F'ed with all our minds and did the strange reveal.

The CL has to be operating alone. If he had a teamate the game would be over because my understanding is that if the cult equals the mafia + the town, the cult would win. Unless of course the cult recruited Fredo last night and the mafia killed him in the same night.

I think I got this figured out....

Virgil = Healer

Tony S. = CL

Ace = Mafia

Jiffy = Townie

So who do we lynch?

We have to take out scum right? And hope that the CL misses on his recruit. Its a role of the dice, but its our only option. We cant have a lynch and a kill or the mafia wins.

Its between Ace and Tony S. at this time. IMO Ace makes more sense. Virgil just has to make the right protection and we win. Tell me if I am missing something...

Holy **** is this game confusing. So Fredo was the liar all along. I owe you an apology Virgil. I have to believe you were telling the truth because we havent seen a counter to the counter and I dont think I have ever seen a game without a Doc or a Healer. Just wished you wouldnt have F'ed with all our minds and did the strange reveal.

The CL has to be operating alone. If he had a teamate the game would be over because my understanding is that if the cult equals the mafia + the town, the cult would win. Unless of course the cult recruited Fredo last night and the mafia killed him in the same night.

Virgil = Healer

Tony S. = CL

Ace = Mafia

Jiffy = Townie

So who do we lynch?

We have to take out scum right? And hope that the CL misses on his recruit. Its a role of the dice, but its our only option. We cant have a lynch and a kill or the mafia wins.

Its between Ace and Tony S. at this time. IMO Ace makes more sense. Virgil just has to make the right protection and we win. Tell me if I am missing something...

Well, as maybe the last roleless townie, I need to figure out who my last teammate is. I've done a horrible just so far, so I don't much confidence. Virgil is vetted, I guess, unless the doc has chosen to stay on the DL, which is not very likely.

Jimmy, you or Ace are the CL, that much is clear.

Well, as maybe the last roleless townie, I need to figure out who my last teammate is. I've done a horrible just so far, so I don't much confidence. Virgil is vetted, I guess, unless the doc has chosen to stay on the DL, which is not very likely.

Jimmy, you or Ace are the CL, that much is clear.

Well, I am, definitely not any of the above. IMO you are probably the CL. However, no offense cat butt, but you havent been playing very well. Obviously you havent been doing a good job of recruiting and you havent do a great job of in game play, so I am willing to put my faith in Virgil that he makes the right protection tonight. Its a role of the dice, but I dont see another option.

Vote Ace

Well, I am, definitely not any of the above. IMO you are probably the CL. However, no offense cat butt, but you havent been playing very well. Obviously you havent been doing a good job of recruiting and you havent do a great job of in game play, so I am willing to put my faith in Virgil that he makes the right protection tonight. Its a role of the dice, but I dont see another option.

Vote Ace

I agree 100%. But that does not change the fact that there's a 50% chance that you're the CL.

Vote Ace

Jimmy you said several times during the Fredo vs Virgil case you were scared of being taken for a ride. Is it easier to say that when you're the one intentionally leading the town down the wrong path? You've had no problem commenting on how my limited activity is a scum tell with me trying to lay low but in my experience with this game more often the scummiest player at the end is the one who's been leading the town and vocally telling everyone what the "right" course of action is. Your play has been scummy for a good while now and hopefully Virgil and Soprano can see that as well as I can

Vote Conway

Jimmy you said several times during the Fredo vs Virgil case you were scared of being taken for a ride. Is it easier to say that when you're the one intentionally leading the town down the wrong path? You've had no problem commenting on how my limited activity is a scum tell with me trying to lay low but in my experience with this game more often the scummiest player at the end is the one who's been leading the town and vocally telling everyone what the "right" course of action is. Your play has been scummy for a good while now and hopefully Virgil and Soprano can see that as well as I can

Vote Conway

Virgil, if I was the CL, why I would I have Fredo counter reveal, push for you this whole time, only to back off right when you reach L-1?

Hopefully, Tony and Virgil dont buy this b.s. Its obviously down to you and I now, thats how this works this late in the game. We need to lynch the last mafia and hope that Virgil protects correctly against the CL at night. We do that we win. The CL obviously hasnt been doing very well so far, so I like our chances. Doggin loves to assign restrictions to players randomly so he doesnt interfere with the game play, its possible I am unconvertible.

We gotcha, look at how defensive you got immediately upon your return. First post since the lynch is to vote me, who's voting you. Especially considering you were voting Tony last round. We cant afford to let you see the night phase or the town will lose. I just hope Tony and Virgil see that.

Vote Conway

For some reason the first part of my post didnt show up...stange.

Anyway, how was a taking the town in the worng direction? I unvoted Virgil at L-1 when the hammer could have been dropped at any time. It made no sense the Fags werent voting together, so I switched. We all were a part of that led my Tony S. I was wrong about Virgil, his reveal stunk and he knows that...we are lucky I unvoted him and unlucky the fags were town.

Anywho, its up to Virgil and Tony to make the right choice. I am going to be out for awhile tonight, dont know when I will be on again. Possibly not till the morning, so hopefully I am not gone by then, if I am, well, they will know whats up when I flip town and we could have taken the last mafia member out in you.

Virgil = Healer

Tony S. = CL

Ace = Mafia

Jiffy = Townie

So who do we lynch?

I am hoping the cult doesn't equal us, although Doggin said they need to outnumber us to win. After overestimating the cult the entire game, though, for now I'm not going to worry too much about whether there's two of you. It doesn't make much of a difference at the moment.

Either way we should still be aiming for cult right now. 1) Because if there are indeed two of them, it's game over if we lynch scum. And 2) Even if there's only one. I feel that we owe the scum a big thank you for shooting Fredo last night. We've been needing their help for most of the game (or at least I believe both teams thought we did), and I personally would prefer that the scum win over the cult.

There is no upside to lynching scum today. We know there can't be more than 1 left, so ideally we'll lynch cult and then leave it up to fate. Will I or won't I guess right and protect the right guy, and will the scum choose correctly or not. Seems to me like a fair enough end.

It doesn't help that you're unnecessarily rude to everyone. Tony has voted pretty consistently with you, has he not? And regardless of how accurately anyone is, I dislike when guys insult those who vote differently than them. No one has mind-reading abilities, and if someone's reasoning seems sound enough, there's no point in acting so arrogant and patronizing towards them. I have more of a problem with people who don't bother trying because why even sign up.

It's unreasonable of you to keep insinuating that anyone has been playing badly - either they're honestly trying to help the town, in which case I think your comments are uncalled for, or they're intentionally trying to throw people off track.

Virgil, if I was the CL, why I would I have Fredo counter reveal, push for you this whole time, only to back off right when you reach L-1?

Hopefully, Tony and Virgil dont buy this b.s. Its obviously down to you and I now, thats how this works this late in the game. We need to lynch the last mafia and hope that Virgil protects correctly against the CL at night. We do that we win. The CL obviously hasnt been doing very well so far, so I like our chances. Doggin loves to assign restrictions to players randomly so he doesnt interfere with the game play, its possible I am unconvertible.

We gotcha, look at how defensive you got immediately upon your return. First post since the lynch is to vote me, who's voting you. Especially considering you were voting Tony last round. We cant afford to let you see the night phase or the town will lose. I just hope Tony and Virgil see that.

You may have backed off because you realized you looked overly eager to get rid of me. Then when I flipped healer, Fredo would most likely have been shot that night by the scum anyway. You already had both cult members on my train, and no one remaining seemed to want to lynch me. Whereas with Tony already voting Carlito, and me saying I'd be willing to, you could easily switch your vote and get Fredo to do the same. More practical. And it was honestly not at all a bad move from the cult's point of view, numbers-wise, to eliminate two townies at once.

You have to admit it doesn't look good for you. You were the most eager to get rid of me, then there's the fact that Fredo started using the same arguments against me that you were making.

Do I feel great about Tony? Of course not. But the fact that you're even arguing for us to lynch scum instead of cult today doesn't make sense, like many of the contradictory arguments you've made these past several days.

Vote: Jimmy Conway

I am hoping the cult doesn't equal us, although Doggin said they need to outnumber us to win. After overestimating the cult the entire game, though, for now I'm not going to worry too much about whether there's two of you. It doesn't make much of a difference at the moment.

Either way we should still be aiming for cult right now. 1) Because if there are indeed two of them, it's game over if we lynch scum. And 2) Even if there's only one. I feel that we owe the scum a big thank you for shooting Fredo last night. We've been needing their help for most of the game (or at least I believe both teams thought we did), and I personally would prefer that the scum win over the cult.

There is no upside to lynching scum today. We know there can't be more than 1 left, so ideally we'll lynch cult and then leave it up to fate. Will I or won't I guess right and protect the right guy, and will the scum choose correctly or not. Seems to me like a fair enough end.

It doesn't help that you're unnecessarily rude to everyone. Tony has voted pretty consistently with you, has he not? And regardless of how accurately anyone is, I dislike when guys insult those who vote differently than them. No one has mind-reading abilities, and if someone's reasoning seems sound enough, there's no point in acting so arrogant and patronizing towards them. I have more of a problem with people who don't bother trying because why even sign up.

It's unreasonable of you to keep insinuating that anyone has been playing badly - either they're honestly trying to help the town, in which case I think your comments are uncalled for, or they're intentionally trying to throw people off track.

You may have backed off because you realized you looked overly eager to get rid of me. Then when I flipped healer, Fredo would most likely have been shot that night by the scum anyway. You already had both cult members on my train, and no one remaining seemed to want to lynch me. Whereas with Tony already voting Carlito, and me saying I'd be willing to, you could easily switch your vote and get Fredo to do the same. More practical. And it was honestly not at all a bad move from the cult's point of view, numbers-wise, to eliminate two townies at once.

You have to admit it doesn't look good for you. You were the most eager to get rid of me, then there's the fact that Fredo started using the same arguments against me that you were making.

Do I feel great about Tony? Of course not. But the fact that you're even arguing for us to lynch scum instead of cult today doesn't make sense, like many of the contradictory arguments you've made these past several days.

Vote: Jimmy Conway

Stop being so sensastive Francis, its just a game and if I cant razz you guys a little bit then what fun is it? Why so serious?

It seems my fate has been decided. You are wrong again Virgil, but nothing new here, its par for the course. ;) The best option is lynching scum. Since you decided to another direction, you just let the mafia make the biggest comeback I have ever seen. Nice job! The town will lose and the blood will be on yours and Tony's hands.

And again, it makes no sense for me to push this hard for you and then switch when I finally had the healer where I wanted him, think about it. Not a smart move, the fags could have been NK'ed or dealt with at a different time. Why would I leave the person that I have been pushing the hardest alive to deal with me the next day? I figured you would have been bright enough to see this, but I get it, it is what is.

Its simple Virgil. Lynch the scum (Ace), protect correctly and we win. Instead, you are handing a victory to the mafia. Game over fellas. Way to go!

FWIW,

Hunting scum is the #1 priority..

There has to be the CL left, and 1 scum (due to the NK) which means if cult is lynched today and the scum gets a succesful NK, they will win.

The cult leader on the other hand, would need to survive two lynches in order to win.

Simple math fellas, but you do what you want to do. Unfortunately it will result in a loss for the town if you lynch me. Even if I am the CL.

2 quick points that I want to make here...

First off, you have totally ruined the spirit of the game IMO. You want the scum to win over cult? What? Whats wrong with you dude, seriously? You F'ed this game. We have been playing for 2 months and you are so hell bent on this that you want to ruin the game for everyone that is trying to win for the town. Thats ****ed up. I almost feel like we should all lynch you for being such a boob.

Secondly, my feelings are contradictory of how I have been playing before because the entire set up has changed. We cant go with the same philosophy because the make up has changed. Look at my above post. If you have any sense, you will understand that my logic is 100% correct.

And dont be offended, its just a game and who gives a **** what I think of you and if I decide to make fun of how you or anyone else plays. Thats what makes this **** fun. If we were all kissing each others ass and jerking each other off, I wouldnt play, well I would if it was only with Crusher.

Ace, you got any potentially last thoughts?

Just this:

Assuming Conway is the final cult member (and he is), if he gets you to lynch me and he gets a successful conversion tonight cult wins. Why is he making such a big deal about ignoring cult today? It shouldn't matter which side the town takes out with today's lynch, if during the night phase there's any successful night action other than doc protection its a town loss and JiF Conway is well aware of this...

2 quick points that I want to make here...

First off, you have totally ruined the spirit of the game IMO. You want the scum to win over cult? What? Whats wrong with you dude, seriously? You F'ed this game. We have been playing for 2 months and you are so hell bent on this that you want to ruin the game for everyone that is trying to win for the town. Thats ****ed up. I almost feel like we should all lynch you for being such a boob.

Secondly, my feelings are contradictory of how I have been playing before because the entire set up has changed. We cant go with the same philosophy because the make up has changed. Look at my above post. If you have any sense, you will understand that my logic is 100% correct.

And dont be offended, its just a game and who gives a **** what I think of you and if I decide to make fun of how you or anyone else plays. Thats what makes this **** fun. If we were all kissing each others ass and jerking each other off, I wouldnt play, well I would if it was only with Crusher.

Um, I'm pretty sure he meant that if the town can't win, he'd rather the scum wins than the cult. Now personally, if we don't win, I don't care who wins, but I don't see anything worng with what the Turk said. JMO, of course.

Just this:

Assuming Conway is the final cult member (and he is), if he gets you to lynch me and he gets a successful conversion tonight cult wins. Why is he making such a big deal about ignoring cult today? It shouldn't matter which side the town takes out with today's lynch, if during the night phase there's any successful night action other than doc protection its a town loss and JiF Conway is well aware of this...

Ace, you know you are mafia and you are doing best to stay alive by pushing what you know will win you the game by lynching cult (me or tony).

What I posted is clear as day. Kill the cult, game over. Kill the mafia live to see another day. The mafia can NK, this is not difficult fellas.

Its simple and if you cant figure it out, well, then sobeit, the town losses and you staged an outstanding comeback to win the game.

Um, I'm pretty sure he meant that if the town can't win, he'd rather the scum wins than the cult. Now personally, if we don't win, I don't care who wins, but I don't see anything worng with what the Turk said. JMO, of course.

I get what you are saying and you might be right, but do you not recall his reveal? His play is not in the spirit of the game IMO. But who cares, we have only been playing for 2 months.

The bottom line Tony is if you kill Ace, the game keeps going. You kill me, the game is over with a successful NK. Its really that simple. Look back at my post started with FWIW and read the options. Its clear as day, nothing more needs to be said. And those that disagree are scum or just plain stupid and I am not trying to be rude, I am being honest and straight forward.

Hunting scum is the # 1 priority, I dont know why Virgil cant see that. Hopefully you do. Ace is clearly the final mafia member, kill him and the game goes on. If you feel I am cult, you lynch me tomorrow and the game is over. If not, Ace will have his shot at a NK and like I said make quite honestly the best comeback I have ever seen for a mafia member flying solo for this long. Props to Ace if he gets it done. He would be the Soothsayer of this game...lol.

Archived