Pick 1 OLB

StillerPaul

I know which player's on the Dolphins have weaknesses and what they are. ;)

But that said, Porter can still make plays behind the line of scrimmage on run plays. He's normally very good at diagnosing a play, he just tends to over persue and sometimes has problems disengaging blockers.

He's a slightly above averge run defender, but far from elite. Matt Roth, on the other hand, is one of the bet run defending OLB's in football. He was a HUGE part of our success last year and didn't get much publicity in the wake of Porter's huge sack total.

There aren't 5 34 OLB's that are better at setting the edge than Matt Roth.

I saw Roth play in HS and was pissed when he didn't go to Illinois. He still has some technique to improve on but the kid is a beast plain and simple. Wish he was a Jet.

I saw Roth play in HS and was pissed when he didn't go to Illinois. He still has some technique to improve on but the kid is a beast plain and simple. Wish he was a Jet.

Well last year was his first standing up as a backer; he was a defensive end for three years with us before we made the full switch to a 34. But yeah, he has some refining to do but I'm not the least bit worried about it; he will only get better with time.

Ware, hands down. What about this for a 3-4 Defense? (Youth, talent and potential)

RDE-Ngata

NT-Haynesworth

LDE-Castillo

ROLB-Ware

MLB-Harris

MLB-Mayo

LOLB-Merriman

CB-Asomugha

CB-Revis

S-Polamalu

S-Rhodes

Would that be the greatest Defense the NFL has ever seen?

Easy on the Mayo there! He's got 1 year so far. How about some Patrick Willis instead? Otherwise, pretty solid list.

Easy on the Mayo there! He's got 1 year so far. How about some Patrick Willis instead? Otherwise, pretty solid list.

Your right and I agree. I forgot about Willis but thats only because I was only thinking of 3-4 types of players with the front 7. But it's clear to see that Willis is one of the best MLB's in the game today and he's only 24-Thats scary. He's also 6'1-240 pounds and thats not small, he could make an impact on a 3-4 D

Ware, hands down. What about this for a 3-4 Defense? (Youth, talent and potential)

RDE-Ngata

NT-Haynesworth

LDE-Castillo

ROLB-Ware

MLB-Harris

MLB-Mayo

LOLB-Merriman

CB-Asomugha

CB-Revis

S-Polamalu

S-Rhodes

Wouldn't even be the best 34 Defense in the NFL this season. This would be the best 34 Defense in the NFL today:

DE - Haloti Ngata

NT - Kris Jenkins

DE - Richard Seymour

OLB - DeMarcus Ware

ILB - Patrick Willis

ILB - Bart Scott/Ray Lewis (take your pick)

OLB - Terrell Suggs

CB - Nnamdi Asomougha

CB - Cortland Finnegan/Darrelle Revis/Champ Bailey (take your pick)

S1 - Ed Reed

S2 - Bob Sanders

RDE-Ngata

NT-Haynesworth

LDE-Castillo

ROLB-Ware

MLB-Harris

MLB-Mayo

LOLB-Merriman

CB-Asomugha

CB-Revis

S-Polamalu

S-Rhodes

In what ****ing universe does Ed Reed not start at safety?

Mayo and Harris? Are you having a laugh? Both are average players with one even less proven than the other, Harris isn't even the best MLB on the team. Terrible choices, both of them.

I agree with the OLB's although I'd be tempted to throw Mario Williams in there somewhere just for the ****ing sake of it, he's that good and could find a place in any defensive system IMO.

Wouldn't even be the best 34 Defense in the NFL this season. This would be the best 34 Defense in the NFL today:

DE - Haloti Ngata

NT - Kris Jenkins

DE - Richard Seymour

OLB - DeMarcus Ware

ILB - Patrick Willis

ILB - Bart Scott/Ray Lewis (take your pick)

OLB - Terrell Suggs

CB - Nnamdi Asomougha

CB - Cortland Finnegan/Darrelle Revis/Champ Bailey (take your pick)

S1 - Ed Reed

S2 - Bob Sanders

I disagree with Bart Scott/Ray Lewis. You can do better. And no way I'd take Sanders over Polamalu.

I disagree with Bart Scott/Ray Lewis. You can do better. And no way I'd take Sanders over Polamalu.

Exactly...Kerry Rhodes is a top 5 S behind Reed, Polamalu and Wilson. Rhodes is right after Wilson.

Bob Sanders? lol, give me a break.... He's missed 36 games over the past 5 years (Average of 7 games per season) Rhodes??? 0 games missed in 4 years.

Yeah, I could have taken Reed and Polamalu as my safetys but I was also thinking about a Franchise and youth and thats why I went with Rhodes who's younger than Reed who's now 30. Also...I took Harris and Mayo because Harris played amazing his rookie season and Mayo also played great as a rookie last year. As far as Patrick Willis goes...I was actually picking 3-4 Defensive players and he's only shown to be a BEAST in a 4-3...Things change when making the switch, just ask Vilma.

Exactly...Kerry Rhodes is a top 5 S behind Reed, Polamalu and Wilson. Rhodes is right after Wilson.

Bob Sanders? lol, give me a break.... He's missed 36 games over the past 5 years (Average of 7 games per season) Rhodes??? 0 games missed in 4 years.

Yeah, I could have taken Reed and Polamalu as my safetys but I was also thinking about a Franchise and youth and thats why I went with Rhodes who's younger than Reed who's now 30. Also...I took Harris and Mayo because Harris played amazing his rookie season and Mayo also played great as a rookie last year. As far as Patrick Willis goes...I was actually picking 3-4 Defensive players and he's only shown to be a BEAST in a 4-3...Things change when making the switch, just ask Vilma.

Willis is a 3-4 ILB.

I'd take him over Mayo anyday, but they're more compliments of each other anyway.

If I were building a D I'd go:

DE: Ngata

NT: Wilfork

DE: Seymour

OLB: Ware

ILB: Willis

ILB: Harris

OLB: Suggs

CB: Aso

CB: Revis

S: Wilson

S: Rhodes

Rhodes is a homer pick, but whatever.

Do you like watching his hair? Other than that, Sanders is the perfect compliment to Ed Reed in a defense.

Give me a break. Sanders never plays. Polamalu plays and changes every game he plays in, drastically.

Sanders does play and when he does he is the best run stuffing Safety in the NFL, a perfect compliment to Ed Reed, unlike Polamalu and his hair. He is BIG TIME over-rated. He doesn't suck, but he isn't Top 3.

Sanders does play and when he does he is the best run stuffing Safety in the NFL, a perfect compliment to Ed Reed, unlike Polamalu and his hair. He is BIG TIME over-rated. He doesn't suck, but he isn't Top 3.

Well rather than having to play my backup 8 games every year, I'll go with the 2nd most rangy safety in football and completely shut down the back end of the field.

Bob Sanders missed 10 games in 2004 because of injury

Bob Sanders missed 2 games in 2005 because he got banged up

Bob Sanders missed 12 games in 2006 because of injury

Bob Sanders missed 1 game in 2007 because of a minor injury

Bob Sanders JUST missed 10 games last year because of an injury

Dude...Please, never rank Bob Sanders ahead of Troy Polamalu, Adrian Wilson, Kerry Rhodes or any other elite safety ever again...

Since he's been in the league...He's missed 35 freaking games and has only played in 45 games...Put it this way, Bob Sanders inablity to stay healthy @ 5'8 206 pounds actually hurt the Colts Defense more than it helps them and thats because they play backup after backup just about every year @ the Safety position.

Reed

Polamalu

Wilson

Rhodes

It's up to Sanders or someone else to claim the #5 spot here in 2009.

Bob Sanders missed 10 games in 2004 because of injury

Bob Sanders missed 2 games in 2005 because he got banged up

Bob Sanders missed 12 games in 2006 because of injury

Bob Sanders missed 1 game in 2007 because of a minor injury

Bob Sanders JUST missed 10 games last year because of an injury

Dude...Please, never rank Bob Sanders ahead of Troy Polamalu, Adrian Wilson, Kerry Rhodes or any other elite safety ever again...

Since he's been in the league...He's missed 35 freaking games and has only played in 45 games...Put it this way, Bob Sanders inablity to stay healthy @ 5'8 206 pounds actually hurt the Colts Defense more than it helps them and thats because they play backup after backup just about every year @ the Safety position.

Reed

Polamalu

Wilson

Rhodes

It's up to Sanders or someone else to claim the #5 spot here in 2009.

Sorry, but the Colts defense is so much better when Sanders plays because he is really that freaking good. In their Super Bowl year, their defense gave up 40 fewer rushing yards per game when he played. He was key in their playoff run.

It is absolutely fair to say that when healthy, Bob Sanders is an elite safety.

Archived