15 Pounds Baby!!!

SoFlaJets

down to 214 from 229-I'll tell you though it's hot as a MFer down here walking every morning-it's like walking across Africa minus the lions and gazelles....no breeze and humidity so thick that you really sweat your ass off.

Why do you have to be a dick?

Because it comes naturally I guess.

Its just a joke dude... like I have been subject to many from you.

Sorry you are so sensitive. I would think you would be happier losing 15 pounds... pretty soon JIF will stop trying to **** you.

Because it comes naturally I guess.

Its just a joke dude... like I have been subject to many from you.

Sorry you are so sensitive. I would think you would be happier losing 15 pounds... pretty soon JIF will stop trying to **** you.

In the immortal words of Danny Aiello from the cinematic masterpiece Hudson Hawk: "I'm incredibly ****in' sensitive about my ****in' figure!"

down to 214 from 229-I'll tell you though it's hot as a MFer down here walking every morning-it's like walking across Africa minus the lions and gazelles....no breeze and humidity so thick that you really sweat your ass off.

Good work SFJ! The sweat and all that is worth it when you see it in the mirror and on the scale.

Nice. I have lost 15 lbs. in the last 7 weeks myself.

Congrats. I'd insult you about this but you seem to be feeling sassy today.

Congrats, guys. I'm on a health kick as well. Becoming a gym rat again, and eating healthier. Down 6 pounds in 3 weeks.

Wow, didn't think you had 6 lbs to lose. Good job though, I'm sure it's been tough with the internship crap, you eventually find a balance though.

I'm always happy for fellow posters who decide to do the health thing. I started my dieting journey in January and haven't looked back. Lost a ton of weight and look and feel better then I ever have and once you experience it, you want everyone else to experience it as well.

:cheers:

I've dropped 30 in the 9+ weeks I've been in Baghdad. The goal is 50 by the time I leave because I'll be putting quite a bit back on when I got to France and Spain with my girl once I get back to England.

Keep up the good work folks.

30 lbs in 9 weeks is impressive I dropped 24 in the same span about 2 years ago -- fortunatly I only put back about 10 lbs since -- so maintaining ok -- damn beer and eating out gets me though - I am now eating lean quisines for lunch anfd moderate workout regime not to lose weight but to not put any more pounds on - Football season is right around the corner -- a very dangerous time for me

major assgrease it sounds like after walk..u shower right after walk, or let assgrease ferment awhile??

Must have been one hell of a dump.

Hey Sofla

Good to hear. What's your weight-loss plan? Keep it up!

I'm down from 245 last Christmas to 199. I think JN is the reason. Post on here too much, and the pounds add up.

Hey Sofla

Good to hear. What's your weight-loss plan? Keep it up!

I'm down from 245 last Christmas to 199. I think JN is the reason. Post on here too much, and the pounds add up.

The wife and I have been walking 3.75 miles every morning since April 11th. We had been walking on and off since last year's football season started but never on a regular basis. Also, my daughter showed us this site called Spark People that essentially shows you what is in what you're eating. So I put in a goal of how much weight I wanted to lose and it set my caloric intake to about 2500 a day. I have since lowered that to around 2000 and it's gotten to the point now where I sort of know how much I've eaten in calories w/o having to look it up.

What I LIKE about this TJ is I'm not having to eat stuff that I would normally never eat-like say cottage cheese and a peach halve. Also, I REFUSE to eat mayo that ain't the mayo I'm used to and as far as pasta goes-I'm sorry whole wheat isn't the same as the white flour pastas. OK, I have stopped eating as much Italian bread and cut the sugar WAY down and butter too, but like I said when you KNOW what you've been doing to your body you just have to look at yourself in the mirror and ask " Do I REALLY want to BE a fat **** or not?". Then I put the ice cream back in the freezer for my son.

The wife and I have been walking 3.75 miles every morning since April 11th. We had been walking on and off since last year's football season started but never on a regular basis. Also, my daughter showed us this site called Spark People that essentially shows you what is in what you're eating. So I put in a goal of how much weight I wanted to lose and it set my caloric intake to about 2500 a day. I have since lowered that to around 2000 and it's gotten to the point now where I sort of know how much I've eaten in calories w/o having to look it up.

What I LIKE about this TJ is I'm not having to eat stuff that I would normally never eat-like say cottage cheese and a peach halve. Also, I REFUSE to eat mayo that ain't the mayo I'm used to and as far as pasta goes-I'm sorry whole wheat isn't the same as the white flour pastas. OK, I have stopped eating as much Italian bread and cut the sugar WAY down and butter too, but like I said when you KNOW what you've been doing to your body you just have to look at yourself in the mirror and ask " Do I REALLY want to BE a fat **** or not?". Then I put the ice cream back in the freezer for my son.

Willpower! That's what is takes. I eat healthy, but never buy more food than I need. My fridge/pantry is EMPTY by week's end. If there is extra food, I will eat it.

Willpower! That's what is takes. I eat healthy, but never buy more food than I need. My fridge/pantry is EMPTY by week's end. If there is extra food, I will eat it.

Yea I know. Yesterday I took the wife, son, and 2 grandkids to Friendly's and didn't order anything for myself. Again, I had to ask myself if I REALLY a sundae needed it or not and do I WANT to be that fat singer up there or not. I'm glad I made the right decision. I still would like to lose another 15 lbs and then see what that looks like-199 sounds pretty good to me right about now TJ. I'll tell ya man-I give anybody who has lost that much weight a lot of damn credit now because I know how hard it is to lose it-especially at 53 plus years old. You should be proud of yourself.

Archived