JN Mafia Thread: Superheroes Unite!

Arsis is a speed reader who goes through a comic book in about 2 minutes. It is a nice change of pace from the stuff arsis usually read. Plus it helps me calm down. What would you like to know about the comics?

Any theories on what power Iron Man might've had in this mafia game? I saw the movie. He doesn't seem like a cop/doc/tracker/role blocker. He seems to just pop in and kill. But I'd think we'd have a lot of choices for a vig-type character, yet we only had one kill last night. So that's probably not it.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sucks about JiF. He's a good player who follows his own instincts.

I was waiting to see what happened over night to comment on this. I expected more death today. I expected that we'd either have a vig or a serial killer. One death surprises me. In my mind, it makes it more likely that the extra vote that took out Superman came from an "influential townie," than from a villain with an extra vote. Just doesn't seem balanced to give the scum an extra vote during the day without giving the Heroes a NK.

Of course, it's possible that we have a vig who was bright enough to keep it in his pants for night one...

Agreed, it sucks to lose another hero (especially if we're thinking JiF was part of a mason team) but I was expecting more deaths, too. We still don't know for sure if this death came from a vig/SK and the scum held off on killing or their NK attempt failed. But I'd like to think our vig would be careful the first night.

Any theories on what power Iron Man might've had in this mafia game? I saw the movie. He doesn't seem like a cop/doc/tracker/role blocker. He seems to just pop in and kill. But I'd think we'd have a lot of choices for a vig-type character, yet we only had one kill last night. So that's probably not it.

Nothing pops up at me. Nothing obvious like a batman being the cop.

Well, if the scum nightkilled the vig before the vig took someone out....

very possible

No, not really.

Iron Man was a weapons manufacturer. He didn't "mess with explosives."

As I see it, there are two possibilities: the scum took out JiF or a vig took out JiF and the scum decided not to nightkill anyone as there are plenty of good scum suspects so why take someone out?

No surprise that the NK was a player on the SMC train. The goal was likely to narrow the focus to Doggin, CTM, and I. No surprise that it was a good player who wasn't one of the three of us.

Smash seems to have already taken the bait, or was he the one setting this trap?

Wow, over react much? Or just a big Tony Stark fan? Either way, doesn't hurt us too badly, just a roleless townie. But just think JiF, now you have mor etime to nuzzle Crusher's nutbag. In fact, I thought the carnage would be a lot worse than on roleless wang-sniffer.

Actually I am a big Ironman AND JiF fan (most underrated poster of all time.)

However, I meant that as a joke.

Wow, over react much? Or just a big Tony Stark fan? Either way, doesn't hurt us too badly, just a roleless townie. But just think JiF, now you have mor etime to nuzzle Crusher's nutbag. In fact, I thought the carnage would be a lot worse than on roleless wang-sniffer.

Arsis says that you should not jump to conclusions when it just had such a negative consequence on the game. Iron Man might have a power/role/whatever you want to call it. We could just not know what it was.

No surprise that the NK was a player on the SMC train. The goal was likely to narrow the focus to Doggin, CTM, and I. No surprise that it was a good player who wasn't one of the three of us.

Smash seems to have already taken the bait, or was he the one setting this trap?

What do you mean EY?

Good lord, Smash. I was hoping your reputation for idiocy had been left behind at JI . . . but no . . . :rolleyes:

Anyway, I go back to my point that the case on Crusher is the strongest thing going. Especially now that JiF is gone, he doesn't really want to be here anyway.

I do miss Boopsie. Why did you kill him Doggin? Who's gonna rub gravy on my belly to keep it from chaffing now? You?

No, not really.

As I see it, there are two possibilities: the scum took out JiF or a vig took out JiF and the scum decided not to nightkill anyone as there are plenty of good scum suspects so why take someone out?

What ?

You don't own a single cat that you can still "hear" flatulate. This I know.

Nice try EY running to Doggins Aid your second on my list so i was actully waiting for this crap as well.

Ill let this weak attempt speak for itself. Im pretty sure your scum Doggin

Honestly, if you don't understand why a half-claiming player is more likely to be scum than a townie, you need remedial mafia lessons, smash (not that it surprises me). Let me know if you want me to spoon feed you the reason, though.

Klecko... I mean this... SMC's feelings were:

There's definate scum in this train:

SMC (9) JiF, CTM, Bleedin', EY, Klecko73isGod, Arsis, Pac, LaOut, Doggin94it

My guess is that it's probably 2 scum. JiF voted for me in a "just because" so I'd likely eliminate him.

So that leaves 8: CTM, Bleedin', EY, Klecko73isGod, Arsis, Pac, LaOut, Doggin94it

You guys can decide which.

So the guy who SMC absolves of guilt is JiF, and low and behold, JiF is gone, leaving your fearless 8.

As LaOut puts:

Something to keep in mind for the next day cycle. EY and CTM will be the easy lynches. The qusetion is, are we lynching them for the right reasons? The motive should be "their logic was scummy as hell" not "SMC turned out to be the super doctor." If we lynched every person who got a townie lynched the mafia would win every game. In other words, we should spend our time analyzing the voting patterns and the reasons rather than finding a scapegoat, fun as that is.

So, in other words, it's easy for the town to turn on CTM or I, and get a quick lynch, and it's really easy to look at the entire list and say, we need to attack one of these guys...

It'd be hard for there not to be scum amongst the 8 posters, but this reeks of a move by scum to limit the SMC voters and focus the attention there.

The first person to attack someone on the list only for being on the list was Smashmouth, who coincidentally, stayed as far away from the SMC train as possible, and now is calling it bad logic, even though many people (of whom a handful must be innocent) saw the obvious contradictions SMC was making. Smashmouth never got it, and it smells a bit like a set-up.

The strategy is simple. Scum player X avoids a lynch of a known innocent, then comes back saying, I told you he was innocent, and tries to direct the lynch onto another innocent who was on the lynch.

I'd there are at least 8 or 9 good suspects based on behavior, not to mention the more quiet players, who are suspicious by their silence.

Why take out an innocent who could be a good lynch prospect when you can have the town do it for you?

Because by killing sweet sweet Boopsie they effectively killed two players. This game is dead to me, I'll be swilling gravy and listening to Sir Mix A Lot if you need me.

So the guy who SMC absolves of guilt is JiF, and low and behold, JiF is gone, leaving your fearless 8.

As LaOut puts:

So, in other words, it's easy for the town to turn on CTM or I, and get a quick lynch, and it's really easy to look at the entire list and say, we need to attack one of these guys...

It'd be hard for there not to be scum amongst the 8 posters, but this reeks of a move by scum to limit the SMC voters and focus the attention there.

The first person to attack someone on the list only for being on the list was Smashmouth, who coincidentally, stayed as far away from the SMC train as possible, and now is calling it bad logic, even though many people (of whom a handful must be innocent) saw the obvious contradictions SMC was making. Smashmouth never got it, and it smells a bit like a set-up.

The strategy is simple. Scum player X avoids a lynch of a known innocent, then comes back saying, I told you he was innocent, and tries to direct the lynch onto another innocent who was on the lynch.

He is also trying to direct it toward doggin whom Arsis gets no scum vibes from at all. He was reasonable during the whole SMC debacle. I don't see the scumminess in doggin at this point. This is the most convincing post so far. However, Arsis is far from convinced enough to vote.

As LaOut puts:

Intriguing concept but you're gonna have to convince me before I vote for anyone this time around.

Well, if the scum nightkilled the vig before the vig took someone out....

No. Generally all night actions happen simulaneously, so if a vig submits a kill and someone NK's the vig, both the vig and the guy he targeted show up dead in the morning.

No, not really.

I don't know if this is townie ignorance or scum ignorance. Either way, it's ignorance. The scum had to've submitted a NK. It's possible that it was blocked with so many heroes flying around, but there's no way that the scum team opted to not submit a kill. There were 20 players in this game to start, they need to whittle those numbers down to win.

Honestly, if you don't understand why a half-claiming player is more likely to be scum than a townie, you need remedial mafia lessons, smash (not that it surprises me). Let me know if you want me to spoon feed you the reason, though.

I dont need anything spoon fed Doggin.

There was plenty of speculation SMC could not reveal and a Hero would know this. Would a Villian ? not so sure. The arguement on SMC stunk that much is now evident as it was during the discussion. Say what you will about his play to divert the scumminess off you, he clearly made his point to me.

Its obvious now that Heros need to use Discretion because if they reveal its very possible their villian arch enemy could take them out easier. Thats why i feel a Villian gets 2 votes aganist their arch enemy.

if your a hero you shjould know exactly what Im talking about and vote Doggin out.

No. Generally all night actions happen simulaneously, so if a vig submits a kill and someone NK's the vig, both the vig and the guy he targeted show up dead in the morning.

I don't know if this is townie ignorance or scum ignorance. Either way, it's ignorance. The scum had to've submitted a NK. It's possible that it was blocked with so many heroes flying around, but there's no way that the scum team opted to not submit a kill. There were 20 players in this game to start, they need to whittle those numbers down to win.

So the scum has to submit a nightkill? Are you sure there isn't a twist in the game that gives the scum the option of doing something else at night, like say recruiting additional scum perhaps?

I don't know, I'm just throwing it out there, call it new guy ignorance, just try not to be a Chan about it.

Your theory of a block is interesting. How does that normally work?

As LaOut puts:

EY all i can tell you is Im playing pretty straight forward no tricks no traps no bull ****. I did not like how Doggin played that round and hes not defending himslef much becuase he has no defense other than to throw wothless insults typical scum.

I dont need anything spoon fed Doggin.

There was plenty of speculation SMC could not reveal and a Hero would know this. Would a Villian ? not so sure. The arguement on SMC stunk that much is now evident as it was during the discussion. Say what you will about his play to divert the scumminess off you, he clearly made his point to me.

Its obvious now that Heros need to use Discretion because if they reveal its very possible their villian arch enemy could take them out easier. Thats why i feel a Villian gets 2 votes aganist their arch enemy.

if your a hero you shjould know exactly what Im talking about and vote Doggin out.

Im still sorta not sure why Doggin is a better target than EY and CTM? You don't think LAout might be in cahoots with EY or CTM or both? New guy nobody knows drops that post and diverts attention from them.

I agree that it wasn't terribly difficcult to see SCM couldn't say much else, but wouldn't EY and CTM knew this as well if they where hero's?

So the scum has to submit a nightkill? Are you sure there isn't a twist in the game that gives the scum the option of doing something else at night, like say recruiting additional scum perhaps?

I don't know, I'm just throwing it out there, call it new guy ignorance, just try not to be a Chan about it.

Your theory of a block is interesting. How does that normally work?

The scum can probably submit "no kill," but that makes no sense early in the game. Scum teams rarely have the power to recruit, and the flavor of this game suggests that wouldn't be in play here.

A kill could be blocked by a doctor type role who protects at night. Hopefully Superman wasn't our only doc, but given his super-doc abilities, he probably was. Some characters might be able to survive NK's. Wolverine's name has been thrown around for that role. If that was the case, we wouldn't know about the attempt on his life.

Im still sorta not sure why Doggin is a better target than EY and CTM? You don't think LAout might be in cahoots with EY or CTM or both? New guy nobody knows drops that post and diverts attention from them.

I agree that it wasn't terribly difficcult to see SCM couldn't say much else, but wouldn't EY and CTM knew this as well if they where hero's?

Yeah, that's it. The three of us are working today... That's why CTM and I decided to both go after the same target, then have LaOut come to our rescue.

In fact, Doggin's in on it too, as is Arsis... We all got together to go after SMC.

Archived