JN Mafia Thread: Superheroes Unite!

Arsis may be a bit of a noob at this game but this looks like a doctor claim to me. We all know that SMC was the doctor. This seems very fishy and scummy to me. Arsis would like to hear what other people have to say about this.

Unvote: EY

Nope, wasn't a doctor claim at all. I can block people's powers, which in turn can potentially save lives.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you blocked him the first night and he got attacked, then he would have died, no?

Read his death scene, he could survive one attempt on his life. So he either got tagged by the vig yesterday or there was an attempt on his life the first night.

My bad. Smashmouth was modkilled. He didn't need two kill attempts to be knocked off. He just had the same power as Doggin.

Read his death scene, he could survive one attempt on his life. So he either got tagged by the vig yesterday or there was an attempt on his life the first night.

My bad. Smashmouth was modkilled. He didn't need two kill attempts to be knocked off. He just had the same power as Doggin.

Or scum have their own roleblocker, or another ability to bypass protection.

1) Doggin94it

2) Barmacral (JiF)

3) Dan X

4) Slats

5) Crusher

6) Klecko

7) Irish Jet

8) Arsis

9) Pac

10) JiF

11) SMC

12) Smashmouth

13)Verbal

14)sharrow

15) LAout

16)CTM

17) EY

18) bleedin' green

19) shutout

20) Norway

I've been keeping up for the most part and there isnt really much to go on. Still confused by SMC's and Smash play/defense. Feel they could have done a better job.

Above in Red are the names that I suspect are a team. And the names in blue are the 2nd choices that could be a team. The names I havent highlighted, I'm fairly confident arent scum. If we vote from that pool of red, I think we have a great shot odds wise of hitting scum.

I have highlighted these names because for the most part they are all staying away from each other or just agreeing with what the others are saying. I have seen a trend in this between the associated colors. Very much team oriented, lay back and let this town pick each other apart. This is one of Bleedin's favorite ways to play.

My top 3 suspects and one of them will receive my vote, im just not ready yet...I want to look at it more....are....

Slats

Pac

BG

I'm going to think about and post a case with a vote in a bit.

EY's information vindicated Doggin along with 3 others... Unfortunately, right now, with Doggin dead, it doesn't make sense to reveal any of those names, as they will just be lame ducks...

The people who have my interest the most right now are Pac, CTM, and Crusher. Suffice to say, they are not any of the 3 I can clear.

What is this poop? Is this some kind of lame cop claim with 1 vote on you? You know better than that.. hell you just chastised Kleck for the same thing.

Guys I think this is pure hogwash... Nice that he can "clear" the dead Doggin but what about the living SMC and Smash that he led to the grave?

1) Doggin94it

2) Barmacral (JiF)

3) Dan X

4) Slats

5) Crusher

6) Klecko

7) Irish Jet

8) Arsis

9) Pac

10) JiF

11) SMC

12) Smashmouth

13)Verbal

14)sharrow

15) LAout

16)CTM

17) EY

18) bleedin' green

19) shutout

20) Norway

I've been keeping up for the most part and there isnt really much to go on. Still confused by SMC's and Smash play/defense. Feel they could have done a better job.

Above in Red are the names that I suspect are a team. And the names in blue are the 2nd choices that could be a team. The names I havent highlighted, I'm fairly confident arent scum. If we vote from that pool of red, I think we have a great shot odds wise of hitting scum.

I have highlighted these names because for the most part they are all staying away from each other or just agreeing with what the others are saying. I have seen a trend in this between the associated colors. Very much team oriented, lay back and let this town pick each other apart. This is one of Bleedin's favorite ways to play.

My top 3 suspects and one of them will receive my vote, im just not ready yet...I want to look at it more....are....

Slats

Pac

BG

I'm going to think about and post a case with a vote in a bit.

This is fine JIF but can you cite examples of what makes me suspicious.

This is fine JIF but can you cite examples of what makes me suspicious.

My biggest concern with you is your pursuit of EY. I'm pretty sure EY is innocent. This is his innocent play. Zero's in on a player and doesnt let go until they are gone. When he is scum, he is much different, all over, stirring colluded plots. That said, you attacking him right now makes me think you believe you have an easy lynch in EY because he has been leading the town incorrectly.

You have been setting this up by making comments on how he does this or how he does that and how you cant believe anyone ever listens to him...yadayada.

My instincts are telling me you are the vocal leader of a silent scum team. And you have stepped up to lead a charge against EY because he has the ability to get trains started and ended. This is all an opportunity for you to take down a powerful player, who is innocent, and with him out of the way your team feels they can win easily.

Look at who has been NK'd...me and Doggin. Known veterans and credited skilled players. Has EY really been that off with those picks? It takes more then one person to lynch. No offense to them, but SMC and Smash played terribly and were the obvious choices.

Also, I didnt like how you unvoted SMC and that whole death at the end. It smelled like you knew he was going down and wanted to look clean by unvoting. And then you started talking crazy set ups. Your play has been scummy IMO.

My biggest concern with you is your pursuit of EY. I'm pretty sure EY is innocent. This is his innocent play. Zero's in on a player and doesnt let go until they are gone. When he is scum, he is much different, all over, stirring colluded plots. That said, you attacking him right now makes me think you believe you have an easy lynch in EY because he has been leading the town incorrectly.

I've been on a scum team with EY and this is his guilty play as well.... An easy lynch? No JIF I think it's the correct lynch. For the same reason you spent the better half of a game trying to get me killed. How many wild goose chases you want to be taken on? So far it's 2.

You have been setting this up by making comments on how he does this or how he does that and how you cant believe anyone ever listens to him...yadayada.

yada yada? I've been pointing out what I perceived to be flaws in the cases he was making. Guess what... I was right.

My instincts are telling me you are the vocal leader of a silent scum team. And you have stepped up to lead a charge against EY because he has the ability to get trains started and ended. This is all an opportunity for you to take down a powerful player, who is innocent, and with him out of the way your team feels they can win easily.

No offense but your instincts (and yes mine) were a hot mess in the EY modded game. I hope your not letting our clash effect your decision making here... and what's with proclaiming EY an innocent player! Nothing he's done this game is suspicious to you?.... wow.

Look at who has been NK'd...me and Doggin. Known veterans and credited skilled players. Has EY really been that off with those picks? It takes more then one person to lynch. No offense to them, but SMC and Smash played terribly and were the obvious choices.

Your modesty aside I think NKing veteran players is the obvious choice? What do you mean he's been off with those picks?

SMC obviously had restrictions about what he could say. While the delivery sucked if you go back and look the message he was trying to convey was pretty clear. Smash got emotional but he was also defending himself against an angry mob... one that was set in motion by the very guy you're now defending.

Also, I didnt like how you unvoted SMC and that whole death at the end. It smelled like you knew he was going down and wanted to look clean by unvoting. And then you started talking crazy set ups. Your play has been scummy IMO.

If I knew he was going down at 10 I don't wait till the 10th vote to unvote... Give me a little more credit than that. Fact of the matter is I had a change of heart as the whole thing was going down. I thought he might be innocent after all and was trying to give him some more time.

I've been on a scum team with EY and this is his guilty play as well.... An easy lynch? No JIF I think it's the correct lynch. For the same reason you spent the better half of a game trying to get me killed. How many wild goose chases you want to be taken on? So far it's 2.

yada yada? I've been pointing out what I perceived to be flaws in the cases he was making. Guess what... I was right.

No offense but your instincts (and yes mine) were a hot mess in the EY modded game. I hope your not letting our clash effect your decision making here... and what's with proclaiming EY an innocent player! Nothing he's done this game is suspicious to you?.... wow.

Your modesty aside I think NKing veteran players is the obvious choice? What do you mean he's been off with those picks?

SMC obviously had restrictions about what he could say. While the delivery sucked if you go back and look the message he was trying to convey was pretty clear. Smash got emotional but he was also defending himself against an angry mob... one that was set in motion by the very guy you're now defending.

If I knew he was going down at 10 I don't wait till the 10th vote to unvote... Give me a little more credit than that. Fact of the matter is I had a change of heart as the whole thing was going down. I thought he might be innocent after all and was trying to give him some more time.

All this because I listed you as 1 out of 3 of my favorite suspects? You asked me why, I explained. I havent even voted you. I just told you why I think you are suspicious.

Arsis thinks it is Klecko. His apparent false doctor claim seems a bit fishy to me. I'm looking for alternate explanation to what he could have meant and Arsis can not think of one.

I'll happily vote either Kleck or EY.... I'm hoping to get rid of the more dangerous of the 2 first. If they are on the same team there is no doubt EY is attempting to call the shots. If you cut off the head the body is useless.

All this because I listed you as 1 out of 3 of my favorite suspects? You asked me why, I explained. I havent even voted you. I just told you why I think you are suspicious.

It's a boring Sunday night.. what can I say... I feel like riffing.

Arsis thinks it is Klecko. His apparent false doctor claim seems a bit fishy to me. I'm looking for alternate explanation to what he could have meant and Arsis can not think of one.

Vote: Arsis

For role fishing. Btw, Klecko, you shouldn't have revealed yet, not until you were a bit closer to a lynch.

For role fishing. Btw, Klecko, you shouldn't have revealed yet, not until you were a bit closer to a lynch.

That isn't role fishing. Arsis was under the impression he claimed doctor when he wasn't. Which is a scum move to do.

Just caught up..

I think EY is ok, he'd have to be pretty ballsy to make plays like that 2 days in a row as scum (unless he's a godfather type)

Also, I'm not sure I want to go after Pac anymore, he's been very scummy, but almost too scummy to be scum. Kind of like SMC and SMashmouth all over again, and that hasn't worked out very well so far

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Klecko about crusher. He went from combative to quiet for no good reason, and defended smash a bit. Also think that feeding his boyfriend jif to the wolves on night 1 so he could cry over him was a tactical move..

vote Crusher

Both of those moves are weird to me. I didn't take Klecko's comment as specifically doctor-related, and it's never helpful to the town to try to draw out information like that. On the flip side, Klecko didn't have to "reveal" (if he's telling the truth) - without even a single vote on him. Strangest exchange of the game thus far. Could it have been staged? Newbie mistakes? :confused:

Both of those moves are weird to me. I didn't take Klecko's comment as specifically doctor-related, and it's never helpful to the town to try to draw out information like that. On the flip side, Klecko didn't have to "reveal" (if he's telling the truth) - without even a single vote on him. Strangest exchange of the game thus far. Could it have been staged? Newbie mistakes? :confused:

Arsis does not see what he did wrong. Arsis saw something that looked odd and I asked a question about it. There was no need for Kleck to say anything other than. "I wasn't claiming doctor" It looked like he was to me. Saying he was going to save someone.

Yeah. At least they have their votes on Crusher in common.

I didn't expect to see too much action in here on such a beautiful day. Instead it looks like we have a pretty quick moving train on JiF's love nugget. Having lynched the SuperDoc already, I hope we wait for the big man to show his face before he gets too close to a lynch. Should probably keep in mind that L-1 could in fact be the hammer, too. I expected the love to go EY and CTM's way, so this is a little unexpected. The whole thing feels a little staged, as Doggin problems with Crusher. Scum usually isn't that straight forward with their NK's in my experience. I'm not sure what to make of it.

I agree with Sharrow in that I was surprised that Doggin was Hulk, and thought that Arsis was probably Hulk. I fully admit to not being very well versed in comic book heroes, but how many good guys refer to themselves in the third person? Arsis hasn't been shy telling us how almighty his character is, either. He has me very curious, at least.

And JiF, I'm always cautious early in games, but it's nice to be noticed. While I'm also a little curious as to why the mod felt it was so imperative to replace Barmacral's character, I'm glad to have you back - for now. ;)

Am I wrong in thinking that a role-blocker ability for the town isn't all that useful?

I meant to mention that as well. Seems to me that role-blocker is usually a scum role. Combine that with Kleck's completely unpressured reveal and it smells a little funky.

Yeah. At least they have their votes on Crusher in common.

I didn't expect to see too much action in here on such a beautiful day. Instead it looks like we have a pretty quick moving train on JiF's love nugget. Having lynched the SuperDoc already, I hope we wait for the big man to show his face before he gets too close to a lynch. Should probably keep in mind that L-1 could in fact be the hammer, too. I expected the love to go EY and CTM's way, so this is a little unexpected. The whole thing feels a little staged, as Doggin problems with Crusher. Scum usually isn't that straight forward with their NK's in my experience. I'm not sure what to make of it.

I agree with Sharrow in that I was surprised that Doggin was Hulk, and thought that Arsis was probably Hulk. I fully admit to not being very well versed in comic book heroes, but how many good guys refer to themselves in the third person? Arsis hasn't been shy telling us how almighty his character is, either. He has me very curious, at least.

And JiF, I'm always cautious early in games, but it's nice to be noticed. While I'm also a little curious as to why the mod felt it was so imperative to replace Barmacral's character, I'm glad to have you back - for now. ;)

Arsis is a hero. A pretty useless one at this point TBQH. Arsis is not allowed to even hint at the possibility of the existence of his role/power but Arsis will say that it is all but useless and non-existent at this point. People paying close attention will be able to get what Arsis means. Arsis asks you not say anything about it. Anymore said about it and Arsis gets modkilled.

Archived