Penny Released

PS17

Wow. They figure to eat somewhere between $2-3 million through 10/1, and no idea what his buyout or option for next year is. Suspect they think Dice K must be close to ready, Wakefield can contribute and they can get to Septmber 1st with the rosters going to 40 bodies easily. Sawx by many accounts have a wealth of minor league ptiching depth, so figure we'll see a lot of it beginning September 1st.

per ESPN.

How bout that historic depth?

Penny needs to go back to the NL a la Smoltz.

he just needs to join St Louis... Red Sox castoffs seem to be doing well there this year.

:D

Their depth gives them the ability to dump guys like him and Smoltz cause they suck. Mets are forced to stick with bad decisions because they have nothing behind in AAA. That is what a good organization does... tries to find guys who could succeed, but have another option when they fail.

Wow. They figure to eat somewhere between $2-3 million through 10/1, and no idea what his buyout or option for next year is. Suspect they think Dice K must be close to ready, Wakefield can contribute and they can get to Septmber 1st with the rosters going to 40 bodies easily. Sawx by many accounts have a wealth of minor league ptiching depth, so figure we'll see a lot of it beginning September 1st.

There is no next year for Penny and the Sox. It was a one year deal and nothing more, as far as I can remember.

[quote name='Blackout

I vote for Nick Green for the 5th starting spot. He looked good in his 2 innings of relief.

No, he is now our long reliever. :bag:

WTF are you talking about?

Skank fan with a money insecurity. Go figure. :rolleyes:

There is no next year for Penny and the Sox. It was a one year deal and nothing more, as far as I can remember.

He wasn't a complete bust. I mean he did pitch pretty well for a few months then things got bad in August. He gave them some quality outings this year and was healthy for the season. He's definitely a National League pitcher though.

Wakefield came back and bumped him out. Tazawa will be gone back to the minors or to the bullpen when Dice K comes back but that won't be until middle of September as far as I hear.

Exactly. Penny was not a bust. In May and June he was decent. For a one year/5 million dollar deal, he was ok.

[quote name='Blackout

Not a bold prediction, but the Sawx are going to be the AL WC.

As per ESPN, the Yanks have shown some interest in Penny.

Why? Yanks need a batting practice pitcher? Things are going too well and they want to derail it?

His 1-6 record over the last two months is a game off his 1-7 finish of last year when he had 'fatique' late in the season. Why ruin a good thing?

Why? Yanks need a batting practice pitcher? Things are going too well and they want to derail it?

His 1-6 record over the last two months is a game off his 1-7 finish of last year when he had 'fatique' late in the season. Why ruin a good thing?

Apparently this Sergio Mitre/Chad Gaudin #5 combo has been less than spectacular. May be Eiland, Cashman and Girardi think they can do better with a guy who at least ahs had some mLB success and a decent (if flat) fastball.

Apparently this Sergio Mitre/Chad Gaudin #5 combo has been less than spectacular. May be Eiland, Cashman and Girardi think they can do better with a guy who at least ahs had some mLB success and a decent (if flat) fastball.

So they are leaving Phil in the bullpen?

I was wondering if singing him was to give Joba some more rest and stretch his season well into October.

Shhhhhhhhh ! :biggrin:

paul byrd' date=' a great pickup....for sharing HGH with Ortiz that is[/quote']

Half think Byrd signed with the Sawx to clandestinely find out who leaked his Mitchell report roid use on the veryday he started an ALCS game vs. the Sawx so he can kill the bastid.

Archived