My take on Jets vs Pats

StillerPaul

Just checked my TV guide and see that I get to watch BOTH Steelers and Jets games tomorrow. So figured I'd add my two cents worth. :)

Pats D will load the box and dare Sanchez to beat them with good throws. Belly has a way of making even the great ones look average. They may be short-handed but formidable D due to system IMO.

On offense, I foresee plenty of dink and dunk passes testing Jets D's patience. But make no mistake, Brady will take deep shots as well. I don't look for much run game UNLESS it starts getting decent gains for them.

Jets offense should play like ball-control type. Trying to keep the D rested and Brady and co. off the field. If Sanchez can be patient and take check-downs without turning it over you guys will be fine IMO.

On D, from what i know of a Ryan D, ALOT of different looks and disguised blitzes will be directed at Brady. Also ALOT of man to man with the corners. He will stress being PHYSICAL with the Pats WR's right from the LOS. If they pressure Brady enough mistakes and INT's will come. (Hi Garby)

ST's edge goes to Jets as they have better shot at return TD. Admittedly, i dunno alot about either teams ST units.

I've stated my opinion on the Rhodes trash-talking. Knowing how it goes with the Pats from past experience with my own team, this can not help the Jets cause. One would think that this sort of stuff has little bearing on the actual game but time and again this has been proven helpful to the quiet team.

Final score: Pats 27 - Jets 17

The rook isn't quite ready to bring you guys up to snuff with the upper echelon teams IMO. I'm thinking too many folks are getting unfair expectations for the kid.

I'll still be rooting like hell for the Jets, of course!

:cheers:

Just checked my TV guide and see that I get to watch BOTH Steelers and Jets games tomorrow. So figured I'd add my two cents worth. :)

Pats D will load the box and dare Sanchez to beat them with good throws. Belly has a way of making even the great ones look average. They may be short-handed but formidable D due to system IMO.

On offense, I foresee plenty of dink and dunk passes testing Jets D's patience. But make no mistake, Brady will take deep shots as well. I don't look for much run game UNLESS it starts getting decent gains for them.

Jets offense should play like ball-control type. Trying to keep the D rested and Brady and co. off the field. If Sanchez can be patient and take check-downs without turning it over you guys will be fine IMO.

On D, from what i know of a Ryan D, ALOT of different looks and disguised blitzes will be directed at Brady. Also ALOT of man to man with the corners. He will stress being PHYSICAL with the Pats WR's right from the LOS. If they pressure Brady enough mistakes and INT's will come. (Hi Garby)

ST's edge goes to Jets as they have better shot at return TD. Admittedly, i dunno alot about either teams ST units.

I've stated my opinion on the Rhodes trash-talking. Knowing how it goes with the Pats from past experience with my own team, this can not help the Jets cause. One would think that this sort of stuff has little bearing on the actual game but time and again this has been proven helpful to the quiet team.

The rook isn't quite ready to bring you guys up to snuff with the upper echelon teams IMO. I'm thinking too many folks are getting unfair expectations for the kid.

3 weeks ago i would have concurred with ya

This pats D is a shadow of patriots past and hold the mayo is on

crutches

I do not want it to be close late, and them have the ball. Brady is just too good in those spots. Say what you want, Brady is the best. Belichick, on the other hand, is human slime.

Good post. I'm looking forward to this match up. I just hope your prediction is wrong. I hate to think what the attitudes here will be like if we lose.

Great post Stiller. I think the Jets D is for real.

Also, the only pieces different from last season's Jets win is Brett Favre, and Coles gone. Sanchez, Lito, and Bart Scott in. I think the Jets defense is very underrated and they are going to show it tomorrow.

Good post Paul

Brady didnt take any deep shots last week. This week could be the same.

I'm still not convinced that NE cant line up with 2 TE's and run on the Jets. Short passes that gain YAC are as good as runs in the NE offense.

Sanchez has a lot of growing up to do in the NFL and this week is his 1st lesson. The NE D is a work in progress and coming together.Darius Butler saw some playing time and almost came away with an INT.

Rex has everybody talking crazy but NE wins this game.

Good post Paul

Brady didnt take any deep shots last week. This week could be the same.

I'm still not convinced that NE cant line up with 2 TE's and run on the Jets. Short passes that gain YAC are as good as runs in the NE offense.

Sanchez has a lot of growing up to do in the NFL and this week is his 1st lesson. The NE D is a work in progress and coming together.Darius Butler saw some playing time and almost came away with an INT.

Rex has everybody talking crazy but NE wins this game.

how about you take a siesta from here if pats lose

It's funny how it seems the roles are reversed from last year.

Last year it was New England with young QB making his first start (Cassell) going against the vet (Farve) and everyone thought the Jets would smoke em.

Didn't turn out that way.

The Jets-Pats games to me have come down to the guy in the trenches. Whoever wins the battle on the line wins. The Pats controlled the line in the first game last year and the Jets won the battle on line in New England.

The line has to dominate and T.Jones and Leon have to have big games. Keep Brady and the Pats O off the field. Control Time of Possesion and don't ask Sanchez to win it.

It is a huge game for the Jets. Hope they can pull it out in a defensive slugfest.

Archived