The Varitek Shift

Bob

My mother could have stolen 3 bases on Varitek last night. He's been a great leader for that team, but it's over. VMart might be just as awful throwing runners out, but at least he can hit.

True that.

We need to pry one of the young catchers from texas. I think it is Texas that has like 2 or 3 hot prospects.

That is funny and unfortunately true. He can't hit. He can't throw anyone out. I hope the Sox having VMart catch Beckett is a sign they are buying him out.

The Yankees definitely believe he can't throw anyone out, they were running like crazy last night.

The Yankees definitely believe he can't throw anyone out, they were running like crazy last night.

Yeah, the league has caught onto that. That was half the reason the Rays owned the Sox for awhile. They had like a bazillon steals on them. Crawford had 5 in one game if I remember correctly.

The Sox pitchers don't help him too much, but he's done. He's had a great run but he needs to hang them up.

I love September. The Yankees in first place. The Sawx loving chowderheads turning on their captain. I feel as though after a few years of craziness all is again right with the world. The new house has brought out the old ghosts again. Maybe it'll be another 80 odd years before you can get a Fenway Frank in October. :Nuts:

I love September. The Yankees in first place. The Sawx loving chowderheads turning on their captain. I feel as though after a few years of craziness all is again right with the world. The new house has brought out the old ghosts again. Maybe it'll be another 80 odd years before you can get a Fenway Frank in October. :Nuts:

No one is turning on Tek. He's just not very good anymore. He's done many great things for the Red Sox, but he should probably hang them up. No shame in that.

I doubt it will be 80 plus years to get a Fenway Frank in October. It'll only be a few weeks.

Great, another Yankees troll. :rolleyes:

The good thing about Yankees trolls is that they will disappear if the Yankees do in October. If the Yankees somehow win it all, it could get bad around here. :)

If it got to the point that they win the WS, and I have to deal with the annoying trolls, I'll take that scenario 10 times out of 10.

Maybe I can put them all on ignore. ;)

No one is turning on Tek. He's just not very good anymore. He's done many great things for the Red Sox, but he should probably hang them up. No shame in that.

I doubt it will be 80 plus years to get a Fenway Frank in October. It'll only be a few weeks.

Jason just isn't the same without steroids. But the same is true for Papi, it happens.

;)

:bp1:

Not turning on him, but the dude is done.

He has not hit in 5 years. That was ok 4 years ago when Ortiz, Ramirez and company were putting up 900 runs inspite of him. Now, with Manny gone, Ortiz looking like a Dave Kingman clone, the Sox cannot afford to have more holes in their line-up.

Vmart is a partial solution, but they need more bats in the line-up. Losing Teix hurts more now then it did in the offseason.

Jason just isn't the same without steroids. But the same is true for Papi, it happens.

Steroids? Do you have some kind of proof or even any conjecture? It's easy to thrwo that around but the truth is the guy has been a major league catcher for a long time and it's probably taken quite the toll on his knees and body as a whole. He's approaching 35 and after 32 or so is when catchers start to lose their abilities a bit. It should come as a shock to no one (and without false steroid claims) that Varitek has struggled the past few seasons given his age and position.

Steroids? Do you have some kind of proof or even any conjecture? It's easy to thrwo that around but the truth is the guy has been a major league catcher for a long time and it's probably taken quite the toll on his knees and body as a whole. He's approaching 35 and after 32 or so is when catchers start to lose their abilities a bit. It should come as a shock to no one (and without false steroid claims) that Varitek has struggled the past few seasons given his age and position.

SPin Cycle in full spin mode

Archived