Breaking Bad

jetophile

Why is it not at all surprising that creepy Todd has a torture chamber/dungeon on his property?

I expected Jesse to get tortured and then shot. Did not expect them to set up a chained dog run for him to cook meth.  The fact he is still alive makes the next two episodes even more interesting. 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walt's acceptance when looking at his daughter that it was time to let his family go was just an incredible moment, they were his sole motivation at the start and for him to realise that he'd lost them along with everything else was tough. It's impossible to have sympathy with Walt, he's an absolute monster (Telling Jesse about Jane right before he's taken to be killed is just incredibly cold) but it was fitting to see one last effort at redemption at the end. Trying to absolve his family, acting as cruel and harsh as possible while holding back the tears was Cranston at his best. 

I was sure Jesse would die, but he has to live now. There really is no ending more grim than him dying on top of everything else, he's the only redeemable character right now, this is a complete tragedy though, so you never know. 

No idea how it will play out. Have a suspicion the Nazi's are going to be led to Marie though, Jesse told them the tape was in her house. 

I expected Jesse to get tortured and then shot. Did not expect them to set up a chained dog run for him to cook meth.  The fact he is still alive makes the next two episodes even more interesting. 

I knew it immediately.  They knew they couldnt get Walt to cook after all that, Jesse is the next closest thing.

Cant wait to see the war the Walt is about to bring to that crew.

Walt's acceptance when looking at his daughter that it was time to let his family go was just an incredible moment, they were his sole motivation at the start and for him to realise that he'd lost them along with everything else was tough. It's impossible to have sympathy with Walt, he's an absolute monster (Telling Jesse about Jane right before he's taken to be killed is just incredibly cold) but it was fitting to see one last effort at redemption at the end. Trying to absolve his family, acting as cruel and harsh as possible while holding back the tears was Cranston at his best. 

I was sure Jesse would die, but he has to live now. There really is no ending more grim than him dying on top of everything else, he's the only redeemable character right now, this is a complete tragedy though, so you never know. 

No idea how it will play out. Have a suspicion the Nazi's are going to be led to Marie though, Jesse told them the tape was in her house. 

Honestly, that scene/episode solidified the show as the greatest show in the history of TV for me.  I've been saying for a while, its Boardwallk (havent seen last nights so dont say anything), Breaking Bad, and Sons of Anarchy - but that episode put it over the top.  Its my favorite show ever now.

I have a weird feeling, the whole reason why Walt goes back, is to save Jesse.  I know, its a strange theory after how they parted ways but I feel like that's one thing he thinks he can correct since he's definitely gone from his family for good, so Walt is going to go mental on that crew and save Jesse. I assume, after the call, that the family is going to go into some type of protection program.  Unless, Walt is going back to just kill them all, I dont know what the motivation would be other than saving Jesse.

Something's been bugging me, and I haven't seen it discussed yet.

When Jesse is chained to the lab, he sees a picture of Brock and his mom right?  

Didn't Walt take that picture from her a few weeks ago?   Could it have been in Walt's pocket at the shootout?

When the nazis started digging barrels, Walt was alone with Todd.   What if Walt arranged for Todd to secretly take Jesse?  Sure Walt's mad at Jesse, and maybe he was happy to see them haul him away.  But could Walt instead have been planning this to save Jesse's butt?

Maybe Jesse had the picture, I don't have time to re-watch everything...but It's been bugging me.

I knew it immediately.  They knew they couldnt get Walt to cook after all that, Jesse is the next closest thing.

Cant wait to see the war the Walt is about to bring to that crew.

Honestly, that scene/episode solidified the show as the greatest show in the history of TV for me.  I've been saying for a while, its Boardwallk (havent seen last nights so dont say anything), Breaking Bad, and Sons of Anarchy - but that episode put it over the top.  Its my favorite show ever now.

I have a weird feeling, the whole reason why Walt goes back, is to save Jesse.  I know, its a strange theory after how they parted ways but I feel like that's one thing he thinks he can correct since he's definitely gone from his family for good, so Walt is going to go mental on that crew and save Jesse. I assume, after the call, that the family is going to go into some type of protection program.  Unless, Walt is going back to just kill them all, I dont know what the motivation would be other than saving Jesse.

You're nuts if you think Walt's family is safe now, 

We know the house gets f-ed up. Therefore, it's safe to assume someone goes after Skylar and the kids. 

The next two episodes are the redemption of Walter White. Problem is, he will likely have to get significantly worse to pull it off. Walt's gone full Heisenberg now.

Something's been bugging me, and I haven't seen it discussed yet.

When Jesse is chained to the lab, he sees a picture of Brock and his mom right?  

Didn't Walt take that picture from her a few weeks ago?   Could it have been in Walt's pocket at the shootout?

When the nazis started digging barrels, Walt was alone with Todd.   What if Walt arranged for Todd to secretly take Jesse?  Sure Walt's mad at Jesse, and maybe he was happy to see them haul him away.  But could Walt instead have been planning this to save Jesse's butt?

I don't think Walt had any intention of saving Jesse.  He was the one that pointed out where he was hiding.  He also told him he watched Jane die.  If he wanted Jesse alive there's no way in hell he'd ever tell him that.  He'd know that Jesse wouldn't stop until Walt was dead.

I could kind of see that but as far as he knows Jesse is dead.  Sure he can find out in the next episode he's still alive but there's only 2 left. 

And who is the Ricin for?  Remember he stopped back home to grab it in episode 1...  I have a feeling it's for Lydias tea but I'm not sure why Walt would want her dead.

This show is definitely the best I've ever seen.  The only shows that I've been able to watch multiple seasons in a couple weeks are BB, Lost, and Battlestar Gallactica.  3 best shows I've ever seen in that order.

And I'm glad I never watched them during their first few seasons.  Being able to stream them on Netflix one after another eliminated having to wait weeks or months for answers.

We know the house gets f-ed up. Therefore, it's safe to assume someone goes after Skylar and the kids. 

The next two episodes are the redemption of Walter White. Problem is, he will likely have to get significantly worse to pull it off. Walt's gone full Heisenberg now.

Could be wrong but I don't think anyone went after them...  I think Marie or Walt Jr write Heisenburg on the wall and the house just gets trashed afterwards because it's abandoned.

So Jesse had that picture when they dragged him away?

I saw you said Walt took the pic but I don't remember that?

I just assumed one of the Nazi crew that was in the car took the pic when Walt went to try and flush Jesse out at Brocks house.

Could be wrong but I don't think anyone went after them...  I think Marie or Walt Jr write Heisenburg on the wall and the house just gets trashed afterwards because it's abandoned.

I think you and JiF are living in fantasyland. 

As long as Walt is alive, they are not safe. 

Uncle Jack is going to get greedy and don't think for a second Heisenberg doesn't want his 70 million back. 

I think you and JiF are living in fantasyland. 

As long as Walt is alive, they are not safe. 

Uncle Jack is going to get greedy and don't think for a second Heisenberg doesn't want his 70 million back. 

Who is going after his family???  The Nazi's just let Walt go and gave him a barrel.

Who are the other people in the show that are capable of hurting his family and are holding a grudge?

Skylar doesn't know about Todd or the white trash crew..   His family may be gone but it's because they're in witness protection hiding from Walt.

Your theory is invalid.

Who is going after his family???  The Nazi's just let Walt go and gave him a barrel.

Who are the other people in the show that are capable of hurting his family and are holding a grudge?

Jesse is gonna get killed either because his cook is bad or while trying to escape. 

The Nazis then go after Walt's family in an attempt to get him to cook. 

The gun is for the Nazis, the Ricin is for Lydia. 

Book it. 

Jesse is gonna get killed either because his cook is bad or while trying to escape. 

Book it. 

Skylar and the family continuing to live in the Heisenburg house makes zero sense.  They're in witness protection because Walt threw Skylar that bone.  He knew damn well the cops were listening and he wants them to believe she was being forced into living in the situation.

My guess is the cops will take them away immediately and move them to another part of the country.

I can't wait to see Walts motivation for coming back....  could be he gets word from Saul that Jesse has been a slave for the last 3 months and something in him snaps.  He sees an opportunity to right one of the many wrongs he's done so he gets the Ricin for a meet with Lydia (who I assume gave Todd the idea of kidnapping Jesse) and shoots up the Nazi's going after Jesse?

It could go multiple ways which makes it so great..  I have no idea how they're going to wrap this up.

I'm nuts?  I called the last episode to a tee and you know it.

I dont see how Walts family is in danger.  From who?  The new crew just got 60mil, let Walt go and now have Jesse.  What reason would they have to go after Walts family?  Besides, Marie just had her DEA husband murdered and Walt threatened his wife with the cops on the line.  They're going into some type of protection.

This is Walt vs. the crew.  The question is, whats the motive?  Just revenge for Hank or a weird thing of where he finds out they have Jesse and he tries to save him.  That my calls. 

I don't think Walt had any intention of saving Jesse.  He was the one that pointed out where he was hiding.  He also told him he watched Jane die.  If he wanted Jesse alive there's no way in hell he'd ever tell him that.  He'd know that Jesse wouldn't stop until Walt was dead.

I could kind of see that but as far as he knows Jesse is dead.  Sure he can find out in the next episode he's still alive but there's only 2 left. 

And who is the Ricin for?  Remember he stopped back home to grab it in episode 1...  I have a feeling it's for Lydias tea but I'm not sure why Walt would want her dead.

This show is definitely the best I've ever seen.  The only shows that I've been able to watch multiple seasons in a couple weeks are BB, Lost, and Battlestar Gallactica.  3 best shows I've ever seen in that order.

And I'm glad I never watched them during their first few seasons.  Being able to stream them on Netflix one after another eliminated having to wait weeks or months for answers.

I'm guessing the Ricin is for Lydia as well.  I think he wants to take the whole empire down, they are using his product essentially now that they have Jesse.  I think he wants it shut down.  Dont know.  Its going to be crazy though.

I'm nuts?  I called the last episode to a tee and you know it.

I dont see how Walts family is in danger.  From who?  The new crew just got 60mil, let Walt go and now have Jesse.  What reason would they have to go after Walts family?  Besides, Marie just had her DEA husband murdered and Walt threatened his wife with the cops on the line.  They're going into some type of protection.

This is Walt vs. the crew.  The question is, whats the motive?  Just revenge for Hank or a weird thing of where he finds out they have Jesse and he tries to save him.  That my calls. 

This is why you and Pac need to watch the teaser. In it, you would have heard Saul saying something to Walt about his family not being safe. This isn't rocket science boys. You just need to pay attention. 

Why would he be interested in saving Jesse? Jesse got Hank killed. He just sold Jesse into slavery and pushed him away by telling him he watched Jane die and did nothing to save her. 

Heisenberg hates Jesse. 

This is why you and Pac need to watch the teaser. In it, you would have heard Saul saying something to Walt about his family not being safe. This isn't rocket science boys. You just need to pay attention. 

Why would he be interested in saving Jesse? Jesse got Hank killed. He just sold Jesse into slavery and pushed him away by telling him he watched Jane die and did nothing to save her. 

Heisenberg hates Jesse. 

I never watch the teasers.  I like the surprise element.  Stop acting all high and mighty, dbag.

Still dont see how the family will be in danger.  Clearly they will be under the watchful eye of the DEA, etc.

Its a wild theory but I think Walt wants to save Jesse because its the only relationship he thinks he can salvage.  Just a theory.

I never watch the teasers.  I like the surprise element.  Stop acting all high and mighty, dbag.

Still dont see how the family will be in danger.  Clearly they will be under the watchful eye of the DEA, etc.

Its a wild theory but I think Walt wants to save Jesse because its the only relationship he thinks he can salvage.  Just a theory.

Well, Walt clearly thought they were in danger because he threatened Skylar specifically to make sure they got put into protected custody. 

Well, Walt clearly thought they were in danger because he threatened Skylar specifically to make sure they got put into protected custody. 

I thought the conversation was more to absolve her of any wrong doing, not because they are in danger.  Again, who is the threat and why?  

He could have absolved her without threatening her. 

Not really.  The threat and vitriol was necessary in order to make it believable.

I don't watch the teasers either.  It's kind of silly for you to be acting as if you've got a better grip on the show when you're just repeating something you saw haha..

I still don't buy it btw..  I don't see who the threat to Skylar and the kids is.

If Walt pulls off a rescue and gets Jesse another bag of money, would Jesse be smart enough to goto Alaska, or would he get the stupids again?

If Walt rescues Jesse it's because he wants Jesse to kill him when he's free.  There's no salvaging that relationship.  If the writers were to allow Jesse to forgive Walt - even if he saved him - would be ridiculous.  They've spent 15 episodes focusing on the detereoration of their friendship..  to kiss and make up in the last 2 episodes wouldn't be Breaking Bad like.

Book it. 

No.  The Nazi's will go after Marie to get the video confession and it's possible Skyler and the crew go to stay with her.  The gun is for the Nazi's.  Not sure on the Ricin. What the hell does Walt care about Lydia now?

Walt's not Walter White anymore. 

Walter White died the moment he told Jesse he watched Jane die. Walt is now Heisenberg.

The transformation is worth watching the whole thing straight thru on Netflix after it wraps up.  Watch it with someone who hasn;t seen it yet.  Whole damn thing worth a second look.  To think I almost did not watch it.  Then Pac and JiF got me to try it. 

Archived