Joe Klecko and the Hall of Fame

Kentucky Jet

Vote Now! - Author Poll

Does Joe Klecko Deserve to Be in the HOF?

Yes No vote to see results Its been over a decade and Joe Klecko has yet to have his name officially mentioned with the greats in the Hall of Fame.

Joe Klecko was a DE, DT and NT who played 12 seasons in the NFL from 1977-1988, mainly with the Jets. Klecko made the Pro Bowl four times, the All Pro team twice and is the only player in NFL history to be elected to the Pro Bowl at three different positions.

Joe Klecko was tough and physical as a player who gave his all for the team and did whatever it took to win a game. He was one of the anchors of the very popular

You sir, are a moron who doesn't have a clue what he is talking about.

I'm the moron? I said the stat posted in the article is wrong and that Klecko had far more sacks than the original post suggested...in essence stating Joe Klecko is an even better player than the writer, who obviously did not do his homework, stated. And by the way, the actual stat according to a Tyson Rauch article on Jetsblog is 77.5 sacks (official and unnoficial). Perhaps this moron should type slower to help your reading comprehension?

I'm the moron? I said the stat posted in the article is wrong and that Klecko had far more sacks than the original post suggested...in essence stating Joe Klecko is an even better player than the writer, who obviously did not do his homework, stated. And by the way, the actual stat according to a Tyson Rauch article on Jetsblog is 77.5 sacks (official and unnoficial). Perhaps this moron should type slower to help your reading comprehension?

Sorry, misread your post as meaning "no way" he belongs in the Hall as he only had 3.5 sacks the rest of his career.

24 sacks? No. He had 20-1/2 in one season. No way he had only 3.5 sacks the rest of his career.

Paging Sperm Edwards...please report to this thread and clear up the sack #'s. Thank you.

He had 24 sacks from '82 throught the end of his career, as that is the season during which it became an official NFL statistic.

His monster season in '81 does not count toward that total.

Klecko was originally blackballed because of an insurance scam that he got caught up in after he retired. I find that a little curious considering that there is a double murderer firmly entrenched in Canton. Klecko used to dominate the line of scrimmage, he definitely should be in the HOF.

Klecko was originally blackballed because of an insurance scam that he got caught up in after he retired. I find that a little curious considering that there is a double murderer firmly entrenched in Canton. Klecko used to dominate the line of scrimmage, he definitely should be in the HOF.

needed more movie cameos......IMO

While I am not saying one way or anther if Klecko's criminal activity should or should not keep him out, there is nothing curious about it.

1. Klecko was convicted. OJ was found not guilty.

2. OJ was inducted well prior to his accused of criminal behavior. I strongly doubt that is OJ had not been inducted prior to his criminal activity, that he would have been voted in afterwards.

I don't know if there is a process for removing someone from the Hall, but if there is I am sure it requires more than being accused of a crime in which a jury finds you not guilty. However, when voting for a player the voter can use any standard he wishes to vote yes or no. That would included post-career criminal behavior.

While I am not saying one way or anther if Klecko's criminal activity should or should not keep him out, there is nothing curious about it.

1. Klecko was convicted. OJ was found not guilty.

2. OJ was inducted well prior to his accused of criminal behavior. I strongly doubt that is OJ had not been inducted prior to his criminal activity, that he would have been voted in afterwards.

I don't know if there is a process for removing someone from the Hall, but if there is I am sure it requires more than being accused of a crime in which a jury finds you not guilty. However, when voting for a player the voter can use any standard he wishes to vote yes or no. That would included post-career criminal behavior.

LOL OJ was found guilty of murder in civil trial

pat fans are something

LOL OJ was found guilty of murder in civil trial

pat fans are something

No, he was found liable of wrongful death. You can only be found guilty in a criminal trial. Two totally different standards of proof.

But the major point is not if he did it or not. He was not inducted into the hall after the murder, but before. Had the murder occured before he was eligible for induction, I am sure it would have prevent him from being voted in.

No, he was found liable of wrongful death. You can only be found guilty in a criminal trial. Two totally different standards of proof.

But the major point is not if he did it or not. He was not inducted into the hall after the murder, but before. Had the murder occured before he was eligible for induction, I am sure it would have prevent him from being voted in.

yeah wrongful death...nice way of phrasing the beheadings of his wife and

lover

You asked the question as to how he could've only had 24 career sacks when he registered 20.5 in one season and I gave you the answer.

Take a look at my signature and you'll see that there is no need to sell me on this debate...

yeah, no doubt--I used your sig to show my pee-wee linebacker son why its important to use strength and leverage instead of just running into people at full speed (which he does quite well, actually). But don't misunderstand, though i appreciate your info, I was commenting on the fact that the author only listed Joe's "official" sacks without making mention of the actual impact of #73's true stats. Comment was general--not pointed at you at all.

Paul Horning is in the Hall and he was convicted of a gambling charge I believe. He also was suspended for a season. But why should a guy be barred for something he did after he retired? While he was playing he was an icon and very straight! His play speaks for itself.

Archived