Miller: All hail Yankees, champions of the underdog

JetNation

Meh, the Yankees have ownership that cares enough to spend the money, is fortunate enough to play in NY - where they can generate money and the wherewithall to spend/invest said money well. No need to apologize for being what you are. Congrats to the Yankees. You earned the Championship.

Meh, the Yankees have ownership that cares enough to spend the money, is fortunate enough to play in NY - where they can generate money and the wherewithall to spend/invest said money well. No need to apologize for being what you are. Congrats to the Yankees. You earned the Championship.

You see this post Carl? Take a lesson from this. This is class.

Starting a thread "congratulating" the Yankees for winning to use as a leaping off point for bitching about their payroll is classless and is something that would make Jason Taylor proud of you. :Nuts:

At least YOU understand.

Would you rather see the big bad Stienbrenner Clan pocket the money or put it back into the team? He's a better owner then most.

Read the article

Its purely insinuation from an obvious Yankee hater.

As left fielder Johnny Damon has said repeatedly this fall, "We've been a team of battlers all year long."

Translation: They didn't even use an understudy for Teixeira when his bat disappeared during the World Series. And from what everyone could tell, the gritty A-Rod even dressed himself without the aid of assistants all summer long.

This? Really? That's just awful journalism.

The Yankees were favored from day 1, and everyone in that clubhouse saind anything less than a title would be a failure. The article is crap, but of course you're eating it up. Shocking.

Its purely insinuation from an obvious Yankee hater.

This? Really? That's just awful journalism.

The Yankees were favored from day 1, and everyone in that clubhouse saind anything less than a title would be a failure. The article is crap, but of course you're eating it up. Shocking.

Even the Yankees weren't sure.

Cashman actually said before the AL Championship Series started that the Angels "looked down" on them. No wonder the Yanks had to out-bid the Angels by $20 million last winter for CC Sabathia and Teixeira. Not $20 million combined, $20 million for each.

Tabloid Prince Alex Rodriguez, after his big home run in Philadelphia the other day, actually uttered the phrase that "for the first time in my career, I've felt like an underdog."

Cashman actually said before the AL Championship Series started that the Angels "looked down" on them. No wonder the Yanks had to out-bid the Angels by $20 million last winter for CC Sabathia and Teixeira. Not $20 million combined, $20 million for each.

Tabloid Prince Alex Rodriguez, after his big home run in Philadelphia the other day, actually uttered the phrase that "for the first time in my career, I've felt like an underdog."

And still, that shows nothing of the Yankees playing the underdog role. Nice try. Alex is an individual player that has struggles as a Yankee in October. Alex isnt the entire team.

The Yankees won, and the usual suspects are crying. Have some champagne.

And still, that shows nothing of the Yankees playing the underdog role. Nice try. Alex is an individual player that has struggles as a Yankee in October. Alex isnt the entire team.

The Yankees won, and the usual suspects are crying. Have some champagne.

I didn't write the article, and I am certainly not the one that doesn't seem to understand it.

1) The Yankees bought a World Series. Without CC, they don't win.

2) However, there's no salary cap in baseball, so they didn't break any rules in achieving a title.

3) Therefore, congratulations.

4) Just know a lot of people (non-Yankee fans) don't put much stock in a bought title.

5) Still, congratulations. Winning a title isn't easy

1) The Yankees bought a World Series. Without CC, they don't win.

2) However, there's no salary cap in baseball, so they didn't break any rules in achieving a title.

3) Therefore, congratulations.

4) Just know a lot of people (non-Yankee fans) don't put much stock in a bought title.

5) Still, congratulations. Winning a title isn't easy

Tex didn't choose the Yankees because they paid him more money, he chose the Yankees over the Red Sox because John Henry creeped out his wife.

Archived