Trading Leon Washington will be a HUGE mistake

Ghost

JetsBabe tweets:

Don't know why he would've headed into last year deflated, not surprised that the Jets signing LT has him feeling bummed. Could motivate him to get an offer sheet signed, or go to the Jets and ask them to trade him.

didn't have a contract signed, then he gets injured. he went into last year thinking he had to prove himself to get a contract, now he will have to prove himself again after a devastating injury.

JetsBabe tweets:

Don't know why he would've headed into last year deflated, not surprised that the Jets signing LT has him feeling bummed. Could motivate him to get an offer sheet signed, or go to the Jets and ask them to trade him.

I highly doubt that Leon is the type of guy running around showing his discontent for signing LT. Especially considering the type of injury he is trying to overcome. He knows this is a business and he knows the Jets are aggressive. I'm just not buying this "source".

JetsBabe tweets:

I like Leon as a player, but he's a BLOODY IDIOT!!!

The Jets are paying LT $2.6 million in 2010. Leon turned down $5 MILLION in 2010.

Seriously. Please, someone talk to this man.

You're deflated because you're an idiot and your agent is an idiot!!!

I highly doubt that Leon is the type of guy running around showing his discontent for signing LT. Especially considering the type of injury he is trying to overcome. He knows this is a business and he knows the Jets are aggressive. I'm just not buying this "source".

With all due respect, how do you know what Leon knows about the business aspect of this game? For all we know he's a moron who still believes we should pay him 6-7 mil a year.

I like Leon as much as anyone. Believe me. But I have no idea what he knows about anything except running with a ball in his hand. :)

he's good at that by the way

Funny, Darren Sproles does not look so fast and explosive when you look at his stats.

Funny. I never said Darren Sproles is a good RB. Just because I said he's fast and explosive after the surgery doesn't mean I think he's good. Vernon Gholston is everything in the book, and he's the worst player I ever seen.

Leon Washington is a Jet and will be.

With this deep of a draft (the deepest overall in probably 10 years) accumulating as many picks as possible, either by trading players for 2010 selections; by trading down in this draft for additional picks; or by trading 2011 or future selections even for low rounders in the 2010 draft. The name of the game this offseason is accumulating as many selections as possible.

Leon Washingrton is coming off a major injury, and his production can be replaced by any number of players available in this draft. I know it's a crap shoot; that's where good scouting comes in. With no CBA, and the rumors of a rookie salary cap coming in the next CBA, now is the time to grab players while numerous underclassmen are available for the taking.

With all due respect, how do you know what Leon knows about the business aspect of this game? For all we know he's a moron who still believes we should pay him 6-7 mil a year.

I like Leon as much as anyone. Believe me. But I have no idea what he knows about anything except running with a ball in his hand. :)

he's good at that by the way

Because Leon is sharp guy. He's from this area and a lot of people I know grew up and played ball with him and he's a class act. His personality from what I've heard and seen wouldnt be the type to walk around pissing and moaning that the Jets signed a future HOF'er. You'd think he'd be happy to have him in the same backfield and welcome him to the team...thats Leon's personality.

And I got a good feeling that if Leon didnt know anything about the business, he's got a good grasp of it now after not signing our offers and getting injured. The guy could have 5 mil+ in the bank. Me thinks he learned the hard way. And I got to believe his agent is the one telling him he's worth 6-7 mil a year...but I dont know this for a fact.

We're trading Leon Washington? When was this announced?

Exactly.

Leon is a RFA is he gets an offer the Jets will have to decide between matching it and taking the 2nd round pick. That hasn't happened yet though so I don't think he would be traded, wouldn't the Jets have to sign him first?

Exactly.

Leon is a RFA is he gets an offer the Jets will have to decide between matching it and taking the 2nd round pick. That hasn't happened yet though so I don't think he would be traded, wouldn't the Jets have to sign him first?

well i just wish this was figured out..and Leon signed.. i have tsuris over this. OY! :D

funny.. no one is grumbling about Brad Smith.. and frankly i think he is valuable too.

Archived