The Crystal Ball for Draft Day- Cimini

Kentucky Jet

I'm praying Mays is not being considered. I doubt Dez Bryant has got to be considered a pipe dream in all likelihood. I think the following realistic names should be added to this list:

1) Jerry Hughes (gives us that explosive pass rusher we haven't had since John Abraham.)

2) Sergio Kindle (see Hughes. I like Hughes better though).

3) Golden Tate (Has starter potential and would fill an immediate slot receiver need for us. I really don't want a receiver in the first round as I think we can wait and have other needs, but this might be the only one I would sign off on).

4) Demetrius Thomas (High boom or bust pick . Boom=A tall, fast wide receiver. Bust=See Roy Williams in terms of talent-not living up to it. I would not be on board with this pick at all, but he should be mentioned if predictions are being made).

I'm praying Mays is not being considered. I doubt Dez Bryant has got to be considered a pipe dream in all likelihood. I think the following realistic names should be added to this list:

1) Jerry Hughes (gives us that explosive pass rusher we haven't had since John Abraham.)

3) Golden Tate (Has starter potential and would fill an immediate slot receiver need for us. I really don't want a receiver in the first round as I think we can wait and have other needs, but this might be the only one I would sign off on).

4) Demetrius Thomas (High boom or bust pick . Boom=A tall, fast wide receiver. Bust=See Roy Williams in terms of talent-not living up to it. I would not be on board with this pick at all, but he should be mentioned if predictions are being made).

I am now leaning towards HUGHES too. I have wanted apass rusher in rd 1 and he could be the one. I also like KINDLE. Sergio is quite agifted athlete. HUGHES might be a better and more instinctive player.

4) Demarius Thomas (High boom or bust pick . Boom=A tall, fast wide receiver. Bust=See Roy Williams in terms of talent-not living up to it. I would not be on board with this pick at all, but he should be mentioned if predictions are being made).

Fixed.

I like your three and four picks.

I wouldn't be opposed to a wide receiver. I would prefer a meat and potatoes pick. So I would prefer someone like Iupatui. I would love for them to draft Cody. The knock is that he is only a 2 down player, but get him in camp and you can condition him. Also you many "fat" guys are considered two down players until they make it to the pros.

Fixed.

I like your three and four picks.

I wouldn't be opposed to a wide receiver. I would prefer a meat and potatoes pick. So I would prefer someone like Iupatui. I would love for them to draft Cody. The knock is that he is only a 2 down player, but get him in camp and you can condition him. Also you many "fat" guys are considered two down players until they make it to the pros.

It's actually Demaryius.

I agree with most of the rest of this. Odrick is probably at the top of my list, Iupati would be nice but isn't going to contribute a ton for this team right now and may not be there, Dan Williams would be interesting but might not be there, I like Cody also.

Agree with the post you tried to correct about Hughes/Kindle also, they'd both be nice.

If we go WR I want somebody with #1 potential. All of this slot stuff is BS. If we go to a 3 WR set J-Co can play the slot very well, we don't need an inside guy but a security blanket if Braylon doesn't pan out would be helpful.

Keep an eye on Tyson Alualu and Alex Carrington in the second if we don't go Odrick in the first, both are interesting ends. Wooton would be an AWFUL pick in round 1 IMO, his value is sitting in the second right now and he's too light to play the 5-tech.

I would like slot WR Texas Shipley is we can get in 2nd/3rd round..

I'd like to get him as well, but I think we may be able to get him in round 4. My dream draft would be to grab Hughes in round 1, Tyson Alualu in round 2, and then Jordan Shipley in round 4. This would give us our pass rush, inject youth into our dline, and give us that slot receiver we would need.

I would like slot WR Texas Shipley is we can get in 2nd/3rd round..

Every time I see interviews with Shipley or even read stories about him, Don Maynard comes to mind. He's the same type of backwoods country-azz Texas redneck.

That said, from everything I have read and seen, this draft is very deep in a number of different positions and wideout isn't really one of them. We could get much better value with our 2nd day picks going runningback and DL.

The 2011 draft is the one that is expected to be loaded to the gills with wide receiver talent. I think we can make do with what we have at wideout for 2010. And there will quite possibly be a few slot receivers made available after June 1st cuts.

Archived